Massdrop x Focal Elex Review & Measurements
Feb 7, 2023 at 1:43 PM Post #1,892 of 2,030
Is there any new/better protection straps/covers for headbands people are using ? I picked up a used pair of elex in nice shape and was looking to cover the headband.

https://a.co/d/bYY4grd
This one will fit correct ? Thanks all
I have been using this one on both the Elex and Utopia for a few years now. I did have to tighten some of the buttons with some additional thread at some point but they have worked really well. You don't even notice they are on there and they breathe a bit better than the Focal headband cushion.

Feb 7, 2023 at 1:48 PM Post #1,893 of 2,030
I have been using this one on both the Elex and Utopia for a few years now. I did have to tighten some of the buttons with some additional thread at some point but they have worked really well. You don't even notice they are on there and they breathe a bit better than the Focal headband cushion.

Cool just saw your review on there. I guess I'll give it a shot. Thanks !

Feb 7, 2023 at 2:41 PM Post #1,894 of 2,030

Is there any new/better protection straps/covers for headbands people are using ? I picked up a used pair of elex in nice shape and was looking to cover the headband.

https://a.co/d/bYY4grd
This one will fit correct ? Thanks all
I bought a couple of Geekeria headband wraps on Amazon.ca. Only cost $14.00 each in Canuck bucks. I Bought one for the Clear's and decided to grab a second one and put it on the Elex's.

headband cover.jpg

Last edited:
Feb 10, 2023 at 2:32 AM Post #1,895 of 2,030

This worked out perfect, not tight no need to stretch it and you don't even know it's there. Looks pretty good as well. Thanks

Feb 26, 2023 at 12:27 PM Post #1,897 of 2,030
Has anyone noticed what I think is a change? The Elex's from Drop now come with a two year warranty. I think when I bought mine it was only one year. Maybe this was to calm down the people who were worried about driver issues?

$599.00, with a two warranty, makes them an even more attractive buy!

Last edited:
Feb 26, 2023 at 2:33 PM Post #1,898 of 2,030
Has anyone noticed what I think is a change? The Elex's from Drop now come with a two year warranty. I think when I bought mine it was only one year. Maybe this was to calm down the people who were worried about driver issues?

$599.00, with a two warranty, makes them an even more attractive buy!
Just FYI i believed Elear with authorized dealer even impressive ones, it comes with extended 5 year warranty.

Feb 26, 2023 at 2:41 PM Post #1,899 of 2,030

I bought a couple of Geekeria headband wraps on Amazon.ca. Only cost $14.00 each in Canuck bucks. I Bought one for the Clear's and decided to grab a second one and put it on the Elex's.

headband cover.jpg
These are definitely one of the hardest headphones to photograph. I can't seem to get the lightning right to get a good picture of them.
Do you think there is a big enough difference between the Clear and Elex to Justify owning both?

Feb 26, 2023 at 3:41 PM Post #1,900 of 2,030
If anyone wants an Elex cheap, I may sell my Elear with Clear pads. Would come with the Focal case and 3 cables. Pads aren’t new, but they still look good.

Last edited:
Feb 26, 2023 at 4:29 PM Post #1,901 of 2,030
Just FYI i believed Elear with authorized dealer even impressive ones, it comes with extended 5 year warranty.
I thought they stopped selling the Elear a few years ago?

I recently bought the OG Clear's and the Radiance headphones and both came with three year warranties.

Feb 26, 2023 at 4:52 PM Post #1,902 of 2,030
I thought they stopped selling the Elear a few years ago?

I recently bought the OG Clear's and the Radiance headphones and both came with three year warranties.
In my country (asia region) their authorized dealer (only one here) still selling them as brand either new/ex demo item has same treatment, but only in limited quantity, we dont have elex here, focal didnot sell them here.

Feb 26, 2023 at 4:58 PM Post #1,903 of 2,030
In my country (asia region) their authorized dealer (only one here) still selling them as brand either new/ex demo item has same treatment, but only in limited quantity, we dont have elex here, focal didnot sell them here.
Yeah, the Elex's were only sold by Drop, here in North America. Cool that you get the Elear as your entry level Focal. :thumbsup:

Mar 12, 2023 at 10:16 AM Post #1,904 of 2,030
Why do I like my Elear with Clear pads the most when just plugged into the headphone jack on my Apple M1 MacBook Air? I think it's a better pairing than the Topping NX4DSD, or Qudelix 5K. On the M1 Air I have the volume in the 30-40% area so its plenty of power, but so is the 5K or NX4DSD, so its not a matter of power. I know the output impedance of the NX4DSD and 5K are low, but I'm not sure what it is on the M1 Air. I know MacBooks are known for having more than decent enough headphone outputs. I don't EQ this headphone on any source, so it's not a matter of EQ. Curious is anyone has any insight.

Apr 22, 2023 at 2:10 PM Post #1,905 of 2,030
Hello, there is still no solution for the sudden death of the drivers?, and if someone could please explain to me why this happens, I am currently looking to buy them for $600... (and if it is worth it).
Thank you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back