Martin Logan Mikros 90 On-Ear Headphones
Mar 3, 2016 at 5:08 PM Post #6,451 of 6,783
Yeah, sure!

Mar 7, 2016 at 8:39 AM Post #6,452 of 6,783
So my earpads are finally flaking and tearing and I was wondering if anyone knows whether Martin Logan will still send replacement earpads or if that is long gone? Otherwise what are my best options for replacement pads that won't break the bank? I see something that looks nice and squishy in the post above this one, but I'm not up for for trawling the thread for answers. 

Mar 7, 2016 at 11:18 AM Post #6,454 of 6,783
Mar 8, 2016 at 3:28 PM Post #6,455 of 6,783
  Replaced the original pads with aftermarket Sennheiser HD 25 (as suggested) and WOW. The Mikros started to open up like they've never sounded before. I'm getting so much more details than before with plenty of air and separation all over the range. Very pleased with the ML headphones again.  

I gotta agree, mine just came in and it all sounds better, could be the 7 squares of sorbothane I added to each side are also helping.

So my earpads are finally flaking and tearing and I was wondering if anyone knows whether Martin Logan will still send replacement earpads or if that is long gone? Otherwise what are my best options for replacement pads that won't break the bank? I see something that looks nice and squishy in the post above this one, but I'm not up for for trawling the thread for answers. 

Got mine from Ebay from kensky2012. Took 20 days to arrive. You will have to provide your own material to cover the drivers. They sound quite nice without any covering. Can't really tell a difference, it's just dust,earwax,hair,etc. should probably not fall thru the holes onto the drivers. Also ordered from Scan sound in the usa but using their recommendations the 80 mm pad is just too big . Maybe the 70mm pad would be better.

Mar 12, 2016 at 3:45 PM Post #6,456 of 6,783
Hmm... I am itching to try the Senn HD25 pads. Official pads or are knock offs good enough?

Mar 12, 2016 at 3:47 PM Post #6,457 of 6,783
About time! Congrats - best deal in audio :)

If I hate earbuds for a number of reasons: leakage, they always fall out, etc. are they worth it? What are solutions to my problems with past earbuds? 
confused_face(1).gif

Mar 12, 2016 at 5:31 PM Post #6,458 of 6,783
If I hate earbuds for a number of reasons: leakage, they always fall out, etc. are they worth it? What are solutions to my problems with past earbuds? 
confused_face(1).gif

They are most definitely worth it! All you have to do is read the Monk thread. Pretty much unanimous praise for them. Many past earbud haters (including me) have been surprised and converted to earbud enthusiasts. For the $5 price tag (plus $3 epacket shipping), you can't really go wrong. If for some reason they end up not working for you, they'll make a nice gift for someone. Just do it!

Mar 13, 2016 at 10:06 AM Post #6,459 of 6,783
dun just buy ONE....buy a dozen :p

Listening to "How can U mend a broken Heart"....
3D..fullbodied...absorbing....
the Monk is the best thing after my tattered Mikros.. :p

Mar 28, 2016 at 6:11 PM Post #6,460 of 6,783
I really like these headphones but the clamp is overly strong. Unfortunately I have big ears and I cannot wear the headphones for more than 2 hours. Any ideas on how to reduce the clamping force?

Apr 20, 2016 at 9:22 PM Post #6,461 of 6,783
I really like these headphones but the clamp is overly strong. Unfortunately I have big ears and I cannot wear the headphones for more than 2 hours. Any ideas on how to reduce the clamping force?

Stretch them or wear them right side of headphone on your left ear and the left side of the headphone on your right ear, just flip the headhobe backwards. If either of those interventions don't work, you are out of luck. Sorry.

Apr 22, 2016 at 10:44 PM Post #6,462 of 6,783
I finally got around to getting the Senn HD25 pads. I am getting a more "open" sound with my pair as observed above. The pads stay on my ears better than the originals. I think the originals were more comfortable for the surface of my ears, though. Due to the HD 25 pads having shallower foam, the Mikros 90 clamp is slightly lessened. Thank you for the recommendation niron and bilboda.

Apr 23, 2016 at 5:55 AM Post #6,463 of 6,783
  I finally got around to getting the Senn HD25 pads. I am getting a more "open" sound with my pair as observed above. The pads stay on my ears better than the originals. I think the originals were more comfortable for the surface of my ears, though. Due to the HD 25 pads having shallower foam, the Mikros 90 clamp is slightly lessened. Thank you for the recommendation niron and bilboda.

Awesome!

Apr 24, 2016 at 1:57 AM Post #6,465 of 6,783
  hey i been search for earpad for this

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Replacement-Headphone-Ear-Cup-Pads-Cushion-For-Sennheiser-HD25-HD25-1-HD25-SP-/311475114931?hash=item48855d13b3:g:RcwAAOSwo0JWMyqs

this could work?

Not sure how comfortable they are and whether you may or may not need to cover the center a bit, but they look legit. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back