Martin Logan Mikros 90 On-Ear Headphones
Mar 15, 2014 at 10:25 PM Post #3,887 of 6,782
Lol must have very different opinions then. He-500 can definitely compete with the t1 and other totl or "hi-fi" headphones.

Mar 15, 2014 at 11:04 PM Post #3,889 of 6,782
Mar 15, 2014 at 11:23 PM Post #3,891 of 6,782
The modded mikros is squeezed besides my T1 n d7k...
Have them all on my sofa now...dun think mikros fare any worse
For bass..or clarity or depth of soundstage..
Comfortwise..i hardly noticed it since my head adjusted to it.

==========

The stock mikros has good clarity..deep soundstage...textured bass but polite slamm.
Can be improve with cablings n amps i reckon...
N depending on taste..can satisfy some audiophiles.

===========

Off an ipad..this mikros is almost unbeatable when properly manipulated..
Or mutilated..lolz
3D...movies...captivating vocals...all in a cafe..or macdonalds.

Mar 15, 2014 at 11:24 PM Post #3,892 of 6,782
  Yeah but ppl are claiming that these are comparable to TOTL open back headphones

If that is how they hear things...

Consider yourself unlucky that you are not among them.  Just think how nice it would be if you could just buy a bunch of Mikros 90s and never have to spend another dime in headphones.

Mar 15, 2014 at 11:32 PM Post #3,893 of 6,782

If that is how they hear things...

Consider yourself unlucky that you are not among them.  Just think how nice it would be if you could just buy a bunch of Mikros 90s and never have to spend another dime in headphones.

Ok but I think the general consensus is that these are nice (especailly for the price) but not that nice
At the RRP they would be a pretty standard headphone
I find hype colours ppl's perception and the exciting prospect of finding a new headphone that sounds great at it's price results in overblown impressions - i'm just trying to objective here

Mar 15, 2014 at 11:48 PM Post #3,894 of 6,782
U hv guessed correctly in your own objective opinion of cos...
I agree 100%

Mar 16, 2014 at 2:10 AM Post #3,895 of 6,782
Did my own take on The Mod. I don't have the greatest auditory memory and I'm not someone who can sit and pinpoint frequency changes (well, I probably could but I won't), but they're just an overall better fit for me now. Before I liked them well enough, but there was just something in the sound signature that made my hotter Rock tracks sound brittle and I could barely listen to them.

That's almost completely gone now. The sound is less analytical, more open and just seems to me more balanced.

In this rare instance I actually took photos with my phone while modding. I'll put them up when I have the inclination to. Maybe tomorrow sometime.

Oh, and those little stickers over the holes are almost exactly the same as this papery material from the bag (or your dryer sheets, I imagine) although it seems a bit thinner. I would say it's worth a try for those keen on returning to more of a stock sound and didn't manage to save the original stickers.

Mar 16, 2014 at 2:38 AM Post #3,896 of 6,782
That's almost completely gone now. The sound is less analytical, more open and just seems to me more balanced.

In this rare instance I actually took photos with my phone while modding. I'll put them up when I have the inclination to. Maybe tomorrow sometime.

u have a directive from the Hype Ops Room to put up those pigs NOW....!!

Mar 16, 2014 at 2:39 AM Post #3,897 of 6,782
I was just listening to 20hz-20khz sweeps on youtube with my mikros and they are wonky. In the 5khz range the sweep sound pans right to left because the right side spikes then rolls off quicker than the left. I confirmed it by listening to each side individually and also flipping the phones around, the sweep goes left to right. How would this effect listening to actual real music though? Because I'm not sure I would have noticed if I hadn't done sweep tests. And my ears aren't perfect in the first place, I seem to hear a tad bit better with my right ear than my left anyways.

So not sure what I should do. They're stock not modded. But if I return them to newegg for a replacement I'll probably lose my $20 rebate since by the time I ship them back and have new ones shipped to me, it might be past the deadline to send the rebate with UPC. If I process the rebate and get them replaced by ML instead, then I'm out the cost of shipping them to ML for replacement. So lose-lose situation unless I just keep them and live with it, or just return them for refund and be done with it. Decisions, decisions.

Mar 16, 2014 at 2:54 AM Post #3,898 of 6,782
u have a directive from the Hype Ops Room to put up those pigs NOW....!!

Yessir!

cute-pig-in-boots.jpg

Mar 16, 2014 at 3:27 AM Post #3,899 of 6,782

the Ops secretary will love those boots  :p

Mar 16, 2014 at 3:32 AM Post #3,900 of 6,782
  I was just listening to 20hz-20khz sweeps on youtube with my mikros and they are wonky. In the 5khz range the sweep sound pans right to left because the right side spikes then rolls off quicker than the left. I confirmed it by listening to each side individually and also flipping the phones around, the sweep goes left to right. How would this effect listening to actual real music though? Because I'm not sure I would have noticed if I hadn't done sweep tests. And my ears aren't perfect in the first place, I seem to hear a tad bit better with my right ear than my left anyways.

http://www.audiocheck.net/soundtestsaudiotesttones_index.php

try some tests here...not sure if these help.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back