Martin Logan Mikros 90 On-Ear Headphones
Mar 15, 2014 at 3:57 AM Post #3,843 of 6,782
  My local store said in stock and when I went, I found it mixed in with the 3ft cable that isn't on sale.  Look for the 6ft cable.

Radio Shack stock checker doesn't work properly.  Even if you put 20 miles, it still only searches 5 miles.  Therefore, try multiple zip codes.

EDIT:  Too bad it's no longer on the website to check stock.  Bummer.

Yeah I did look through everything on the pegs to see if it was mixed behind, but no luck. I did find some audio cables at TJ Maxx/Marshalls for around $6 but they were like iHome and Duracell brand so passed on those and sticking with the stock cable.

Lets just say the Logans @ $65 makes the Vmoda M80s $40 clearance price @ Radioshack seem overpriced.
wink.gif

I bought the mikros when they were $69, then shamelessly used ironegg guarantee when they dropped to $66 and got a gift card back for THREE DOLLARS!!! lol. So that will make it $46 after the $20 rebate .

Mar 15, 2014 at 4:10 AM Post #3,844 of 6,782

Modders...watch this vid..especially the last 5mins. 

Mar 15, 2014 at 5:55 AM Post #3,845 of 6,782
Hi,

I believe there is a gentleman here who have fidelio X1 and mikros 90. Do you mind comparing the two?

And maybe there is someone who may have donscorpios drama and mikros 90. If you do, do you mind comparing the two?

I may consider buying mikros 90 for portable use, and I read that it only sounds good with proper (expensive) amplifier and source. I only plan to use clip zip for my portable cans, so will it give acceptable sound quality?

TIA

Mar 15, 2014 at 6:39 AM Post #3,846 of 6,782
  Hi,

I may consider buying mikros 90 for portable use, and I read that it only sounds good with proper (expensive) amplifier and source. I only plan to use clip zip for my portable cans, so will it give acceptable sound quality?

TIA

YES

just took out my sansa clip+ and hooked up my LorsMikros...fantassssssstic sound !
3D sound...live worship by Terry MacAlmon now. I can almost be raptured. 

Mar 15, 2014 at 9:35 AM Post #3,847 of 6,782
I currently have both and I'd say it's worth the money. Both are great phones and they complement each other nicely in my opinion. I'm actually about to sell a set to my sister so I have to choose........

Im curious about this as well, im here debating whether to wait and vmoda xs (coming out shortly ) or the mikros. Has anyone had experience with theses two cans chime in ?? Ive been wanting to get the m80s for about 2 years, hoping for them to have the cliqfold hinge. Im on the fence b/c i already the vsonic gr07 be and the re400 which it seems the mikros is similar sounding to, seems repetitive to me.

Mar 15, 2014 at 9:49 AM Post #3,848 of 6,782
Im on the fence b/c i already the vsonic gr07 be and the re400 which it seems the mikros is similar sounding to, seems repetitive to me.

I am familiar with the RE400, and currently have the Mikros (un-moded).  No doubt the RE400's are good, but you will not find them comparable to the Mikros with respect to the depth and width of sound stage, and the separation/clarity you get from the 90's.  Can't help you with the M80 comparison, heard them but only for a short time. 

Mar 15, 2014 at 9:59 AM Post #3,849 of 6,782
Im curious about this as well, im here debating whether to wait and vmoda xs (coming out shortly ) or the mikros. Has anyone had experience with theses two cans chime in ?? Ive been wanting to get the m80s for about 2 years, hoping for them to have the cliqfold hinge. Im on the fence b/c i already the vsonic gr07 be and the re400 which it seems the mikros is similar sounding to, seems repetitive to me.

I briefly owned the M80s...sent them back a couple of days after receiving them.  The M80 had boomy, uncontrolled bass that bled into the mids and made music sound muffled and distorted.   I know some people like them...but then again, some people like Beats.

Mar 15, 2014 at 10:06 AM Post #3,850 of 6,782

I use the Mikros at work, driven by my ipad - they are very, very good without amplification.  When I take them home for the weekend and use an amp they sound even better.

I have a little Fiio that I could take to the office, but since I use the cable controls, and because the Mikros sounds so good without an amp, I have not bothered to take it to work.

Mar 15, 2014 at 12:10 PM Post #3,852 of 6,782
I've recently gotten a kindle fire handed down to me so I think I'll roll linux onto it and see if I can make a music machine out of it :). I'm planning on doing a review of the V-moda m80 against the Mikros 90 whenever I can get around to it, I have been urged to wait until both have been well burnt-in so it may be a few more days till I can get it posted. Should I post that here or make a seperate thread for it? Also any ideas for songs to use for the review? 

I have already noticed that some songs, notably those built specifically for bass (the first one that comes to mind is Radioactive by Imagine Dragons) are not as well rendered by the M90's, mainly because they rely on a powerful bass response. That being said some other genres well known for bass still benefit from the soundstage, detail, and treble focus from the M90's. Classic and anything vocal-centric is a given, rock and electric are a bit more shaky so far though. I haven't burned-in my set beyond about 5 hours or modded them in any way so that may change. I've heard P. F. Sloan (from the HD Tracks free sampler) a dozen or more times now and the M90's were able to get a ton of detail in on the upper and mid range while still rendering the sub-bass thump of the kick drum, they really are very versatile.    

Mar 15, 2014 at 12:42 PM Post #3,853 of 6,782
Would the DT1350 pads fit?
http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_68937_Beyerdynamic-EDT-1350-NL-Replacement-T50p-DT-1350-Ear-Pads-908363.html?utm_source=google&utm_medium=paid_search&utm_campaign=paid_search_google_pla&scid=scplp3798815&gclid=CIql6en5lL0CFeMSOgodzU0AGQ

Mar 15, 2014 at 1:00 PM Post #3,854 of 6,782
Would the DT1350 pads fit?
http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_68937_Beyerdynamic-EDT-1350-NL-Replacement-T50p-DT-1350-Ear-Pads-908363.html?utm_source=google&utm_medium=paid_search&utm_campaign=paid_search_google_pla&scid=scplp3798815&gclid=CIql6en5lL0CFeMSOgodzU0AGQ

I don't think so.   I have never taken the pads off from my pair because I read that they use some kind of adhesive tape to keep them in place.  

Users who are viewing this thread

Back