Martin Logan Mikros 90 On-Ear Headphones
Feb 20, 2014 at 8:13 AM Post #1,921 of 6,783

One minute I am reading this disjointed thread which appears to be little more than a collection of the ravings of caged lunatics, then blackness...and when consciousness returns I find that I am staring at an Amazon page that says "THANK YOU FOR YOUR ORDER."

I'm now thinking that this is a clever marketing ploy by the geniuses at MartinLogan to empty their warehouse to avoid paying taxes on unsold inventory.

He's ONE OF US NOW!!!!  

beerchug.gif

Feb 20, 2014 at 8:26 AM Post #1,923 of 6,783
Had a(nother) great listen last night: stock Mikros 90, Pipeline ET-4 cable, CBS JAN-5692/6SN7 (brown base) driver tube.  Really nice combination with the Tung-Sol 6SN7GTB power tubes--better than I remember with the Raytheon 6SN7GT.

Beautifully resolved midrange with the 5692, and great layering.  Al Martino's vocals were "perfect".  I tweaked one of my Stevie Wonder discs with Auric Illuminator.  Could readily hear the increased resolution and smoothness with the MLs.  ["Part Time Lover" on In Square Circle was still almost insufferably treble-some, though.]  Will definitely maintain a stock set of these fine headphones, in addition to the Maxx/Lors collaborative "HYPERBASSED" version for heavier listening.

The Mikros 90 need ample break-in and they warrant/merit/deserve your top gear.  IMHE, they close the gap and supersede other headphones more quickly when on top flight gear, gear capable of mining the ML's hidden jewels. 

Feb 20, 2014 at 8:46 AM Post #1,924 of 6,783
Met my friend again...put the MikrosHypedBass on his head...

took out the diminuitive Sansa, n casually scrolled to HOTEL CALIFORNIaaaa,

and watched his eyeballs grewww...n GREWWWWW...

n GREWWWWW  

satisfying expression.

Feb 20, 2014 at 10:17 AM Post #1,925 of 6,783
  Met my friend again...put the MikrosHypedBass on his head...

took out the diminuitive Sansa, n casually scrolled to HOTEL CALIFORNIaaaa,

and watched his eyeballs grewww...n GREWWWWW...

n GREWWWWW  

satisfying expression.

Lors,
Plan to--Deo volente--do the HYPEDBASSSSSS (MHB) mod this weekend.
I 've got Loggins and Messina's "Be Free" at the ready for MAMMOTH BASSSSSS . . . 

[Your guys' BAD grammar/spelling is taking its toll on me!!!]

Feb 20, 2014 at 10:23 AM Post #1,926 of 6,783
I know the drivers of my D7000 and DT770/600 shake when i play epic pieces...
but the MIKROS..??? This MIKROSABYSS...no ..MikrosHypedBass just shook up my head when i played Beinstein.

http://www.amazon.com/Bernstein-Suite-Candide-Meditations-Divertimento/dp/B00000JXY1

buy this cd...have a good shake...good sleep..then good shake again  !

Feb 20, 2014 at 10:28 AM Post #1,927 of 6,783
  Lors,
Plan to--Deo volente--do the HYPEDBASSSSSS (MHB) mod this weekend.
I 've got Loggins and Messina's "Be Free" at the ready for MAMMOTH BASSSSSS . . . 

[You're guys' BAD grammar/spelling is taking its toll on me!!!]

i picked up grammar/spelling when they are on great discount....like the mikros. Forgive me...

Geeeez this Beinstein has gone crazy...just whaccckkked my skullet again. 

Feb 20, 2014 at 10:49 AM Post #1,928 of 6,783
Office rig:
EVS-modded Oppo DV-970HD/Virtue Audio Nirvana IC/KMF Audio (SS) headamp/DakiOm Fm-203 Feedback Stabilizer/Pipeline ET-4/stock Mikros 90.
Virtually PERFECT as-is right now.  My fourth (4th) iteration of Stevie Wonder's "Higher Ground".  Day got PRaT, meng!!!  <-- sfwalcer, where are you?  I can't do you, meng!!  [How embarrassing.]
smile_phones.gif
  <-- A Man and His Mikros 90

Mikros 90 = cable-roller's dream = tube-roller's dream = amp-roller's dream = source-roller's dream = MODDER's dream = tweak-roller's dream

Get with the program, Head-Fi!!!  
Whatta ya got--if ya ain't got the Mikros 90?  SOCKS in your ears right now?????

Feb 20, 2014 at 10:50 AM Post #1,929 of 6,783
  I know the drivers of my D7000 and DT770/600 shake when i play epic pieces...
but the MIKROS..??? This MIKROSABYSS...no ..MikrosHypedBass just shook up my head when i played Beinstein.

http://www.amazon.com/Bernstein-Suite-Candide-Meditations-Divertimento/dp/B00000JXY1

buy this cd...have a good shake...good sleep..then good shake again  !

Lors,
Cut it out!
You're making me drool for the MikrosHypedBass mod and WAGNER!!!!!

Gracie Slick sings "Lather".  Ahhhhhhh . . .   Mikros 90 madness at its best!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9WF4FF8QrQE

The Crown of Creation remaster is actually quite good.  Monster BASSSSSSS for you here, Lors.

Feb 20, 2014 at 11:23 AM Post #1,931 of 6,783
http://youtu.be/edHhe8HyekE

Listening to this Loggins youtube...the drumming is TIGHT...SOLID...HUGE..
the soundscape is wide..deep...live ambience.
with the vocals all chimming in, its all well marshalled..v enjoyable.

Pataburd, i think u are gonna have a swinging time this weekend !

Feb 20, 2014 at 11:45 AM Post #1,932 of 6,783
  http://youtu.be/edHhe8HyekE

Listening to this Loggins youtube...the drumming is TIGHT...SOLID...HUGE..
the soundscape is wide..deep...live ambience.
with the vocals all chimming in, its all well marshalled..v enjoyable.

Pataburd, i think u are gonna have a swinging time this weekend !

Lors,
Check out the HD version of Jefferson Airplane's Crown of Creation--KILLER BASSSSSSS . . . . "If You Feel". 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back