Martin Logan Mikros 90 On-Ear Headphones
Feb 27, 2014 at 4:44 PM Post #2,492 of 6,783
Which would you recommend first? Also, the parts for the stratokosster would probably add up to around the same as the mikros, meaning that id like it to be on par with ENJOYABILITY over TECHNICALLY. I care more about headtime than technical superiority.

It's really hard for me to make that call for you. The 90's will most likely have enough bass for you once the bass mods are done, and I`m sure you would enjoy theml. And they are easier to mod. And they probably won't be on sale for this price forever. 

But my hunch for you is to go for the statokossters first. It sounds like you want to go with them anyway. And I'm sure that they will be enjoyable and sound great and have ample bass for you. And they might be more comfortable.

Actually, just get both lol.

Feb 27, 2014 at 4:45 PM Post #2,493 of 6,783
Bass-ed on your firsthand experience of the Mikros 90, I presume?
How about bass-ed on others' first hand experience with BOTH and graphs and countless reviews stating the bass roll off at 100hz and lower? Yeah.

Feb 27, 2014 at 4:46 PM Post #2,494 of 6,783
  Folks, how can I get these shipped to EU for reasonable price?

Amazon deal for $79 cannot ship them to me :frowning2: , however for the $99 it adds another $30 shipping - so that's not deal-breaker anymore.

Newegg is for US only as far as I know?

@bhazar:

How would you compare Mikros 90 to your Pro 80?

The Mikros are better than the Pro 80. The Pro 80 extends deeper bass wise and is more comfortable, but the Mikros is better with everything else.

Feb 27, 2014 at 4:46 PM Post #2,495 of 6,783
It's really hard for me to make that call for you. The 90's will most likely have enough bass for you once the bass mods are done, and I`m sure you would enjoy theml. And they are easier to mod. And they probably won't be on sale for this price forever. 

But my hunch for you is to go for the statokossters first. It sounds like you want to go with them anyway. And I'm sure that they will be enjoyable and sound great and have ample bass for you. And they might be more comfortable.

Actually, just get both lol.
Lol I wish... But honestly I should contain my budget to one of the two, especially as a college student with already a full he-500 rig... I need to stop. Haha.

Feb 27, 2014 at 4:48 PM Post #2,496 of 6,783

Amazon deal for $79 cannot ship them to me :frowning2: , however for the $99 it adds another $30 shipping - so that's not deal-breaker anymore.

@bhazar:

It would probably have to be through a third party in the US.
USPS First Class shipping with the Customs receipt marked "Gift".
PM me.
Give me your address, and maybe we can work something out.
Not sure about your Tariff schedule there, though.

Feb 27, 2014 at 4:52 PM Post #2,499 of 6,783
A
Please cite your countless references.
amazon. Tho maybe this is different after the bass mod? How am I supposed to know. I think I remember people saying the bass mod isn't necessarily all beneficial though.

Feb 27, 2014 at 4:59 PM Post #2,500 of 6,783
A
amazon. Tho maybe this is different after the bass mod? How am I supposed to know. I think I remember people saying the bass mod isn't necessarily all beneficial though.

If you read through this thread in its entirety--and I know it is on a Tolstoy-ian rate of expansion--you will see discussion about the apparently contradictory early reports on the Mikros 90.  

We have narrowed it down to:
(a) improper headphone placement 
(b) poor recordings/sources
(c) ambient noise about the audition kiosks.
In that order.

Unfortunate, because it gave most people the erroneous initial impression that the MLs weren't worth it.  Look at craigsters post on this thread.  His was indicative of the "early bad press" about the Mikros 90.

Anyone who has spent any serious, extended amount of time with the Mikros 90--even DoctorJazz--cannot say that the MLs are "bass-light".  After the bass mod, these can crush you in the low end but stay clean and deep like no other headphones I have owned.  Ask Maxx or Lors.

They are also very revealing of ANYTHING and EVERYTHING upstream...

Feb 27, 2014 at 5:02 PM Post #2,502 of 6,783

@bhazar:

hi Bananiq, pasting the link from my post in this thread pg 67: http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_74447_Martin-Logan-Mikros-90.html?utm_source=ebayenterprise&utm_medium=affiliate&utm_campaign=EEAN&source=ebayenterprise&publisherId=43737&clickId=854403766
They ship worldwide, now my tip is wait until NewEgg drops price to a sexy low (and its price is highly volatile so don't have to be buddhist patient), then use NewEgg's price as a Lower the Price argument on SonicElectronix so they match it. Enjoy

Feb 27, 2014 at 5:05 PM Post #2,503 of 6,783
  This thread needs a table of contents.

since OP is MIA, we really should have a separate thread, where we only post factual tips and keep discussion Burgundy Hype here. Say like  which all the links/info to ready made cables fit/work with Mikros,  which are the current mods,  what DIYers need and where to find, shops that sell it for cheapest/worldwide.

Feb 27, 2014 at 5:06 PM Post #2,504 of 6,783

since OP is MIA, we really should have a separate thread, where we only post factual tips and keep discussion Burgundy Hype here. Say like  which all the links/info to ready made cables fit/work with Mikros,  which are the current mods,  what DIYers need and where to find, shops that sell it for cheapest/worldwide.

+1000!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back