Marshmallow's > e500's?
Oct 21, 2007 at 10:39 PM Post #16 of 26
Where did you buy these
blink.gif
By that, I mean are they fakes?

Oct 21, 2007 at 10:52 PM Post #17 of 26
Quote:

Originally Posted by lustaficko /img/forum/go_quote.gif
E500s with no base? Am I reading you correctly?

Apparently not, since it's spelled 'bass'.
biggrin.gif

And, as has already been said, give your ears some time to get used to them. If after a few days they don't seem much improved, maybe they just aren't for you.

Oct 21, 2007 at 10:53 PM Post #18 of 26
Quote:

Originally Posted by kpeezy /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Where did you buy these
blink.gif
By that, I mean are they fakes?

bought them here in the FS forum. They have all of the shure info, and original box. I think ill give it some time and see if i like them. However, if anyone would be interested in a trade for some hd-650's or some sr225-325, send me a PM.

Oct 21, 2007 at 11:04 PM Post #20 of 26
I have the exact same thing happened to my friend who got used to some cheapo Sony headphones and said my UM2 absolutely lacks bass (they were even amped with Tomahawk! o.O)

Try listen ONLY to E500 for a few days, and see what happens in the end when you switch back to MM.

Oct 21, 2007 at 11:06 PM Post #21 of 26
yikes, I just ordered some E500 thinking they would have fuller bass than my Super fi 5 pro... Am I in for a bad surprise?

Oct 21, 2007 at 11:06 PM Post #22 of 26
Quote:

Originally Posted by saboteur1 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The only advice I have is to keep listening to your e500's and let your brain get used to its sound sig.

God yes. Seconded whole heartedly ! Please don't be hasty and let your ears be ruined forever by cheap earbud syndrome ! You really have to get yourself acclimated to the more accurate and less (I'm gunna say it, I don't care) mud bottomed bass that is associated with the Marshmallows. I have them too, and do appreciate them, but the bass they produce is a bit unrealistic, ie: exaggerated to hell.

The bass with the 500's is TIGHT and impactful and most of all... musical. I'll admit though, the adjective that describes the bass best is anylitical, or sometimes a bit sterile.

Either that or... your pair is totally defective.

Oct 21, 2007 at 11:07 PM Post #23 of 26
Quote:

Originally Posted by Bisco82 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
yikes, I just ordered some E500 thinking they would have fuller bass than my Super fi 5 pro... Am I in for a bad surprise?

Hell no. They stomp the super.fi's. If you're already used to the super fi sound sig, you'll be VERY pleased IMO.

Oct 21, 2007 at 11:08 PM Post #24 of 26
THANK GOD

Oct 21, 2007 at 11:15 PM Post #25 of 26
Now I can look forward to it again

Oct 21, 2007 at 11:41 PM Post #26 of 26
Sorry, E500s..no bass....no way! As everyone else has stated, you either want that bloated, fat bass sound or you want full, punchy accurate. I agree that you should give the Shures a good solid week and if you still need the heavy low end, save yourself some money and enjoy your Marshmallows. "To each his own". It's all good!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back