Markl Lettter in the May 2003 Sterophile
Jul 8, 2007 at 1:10 PM Post #76 of 85
threadreturnedfromdeadlx5.jpg

Jul 8, 2007 at 1:21 PM Post #78 of 85
I don't read Stereophile, but it would be interesting to know if, in the four years since this letter was published, if they have begun taking headphone products more seriously....................

Jul 8, 2007 at 4:38 PM Post #83 of 85
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jeff Guidry /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I don't read Stereophile, but it would be interesting to know if, in the four years since this letter was published, if they have begun taking headphone products more seriously....................

I would say yes. Stereophile has been giving positive pub to the last two Head-Fi International Meets among other things and Wes Philips, it seems, has become a head-fi convert.

Jul 8, 2007 at 9:13 PM Post #84 of 85
Thanks Matt, for the kind words.
3000smile.gif

I've been told many times by people in the biz and out of the biz who like what I do here that you can't be coy if you want to be part of the "professional" reviewing community. You have to push them, submit samples, etc., they won't just come for you. I've thought about this but haven't had the time or energy to pursue it (sounds about as appealing as the "fun" you have looking for a new job), though I have had a nibble or two.

Besides, Head-Fi is one of the most popular audio-related web sites on the planet. By my count, that makes my reviews here some of the most-read audio reviews anywhere! I get to say exactly what I want and what I mean (at my preferred length- looooooooooooooong
icon10.gif
), and don't have to look over my shoulder at advertisers, editors, etc.
3000smile.gif

But I haven't ruled it out. I also have always wanted my own web site to do it myself, but I haven't had the time or the knowledge to do it properly.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back