Mark Levinson № 5909 headphone
Nov 4, 2022 at 2:37 PM Post #496 of 970
I haven't had that issue

Nov 4, 2022 at 2:43 PM Post #497 of 970
Just got an open-box pair of 5909s today. They sound and look amazing - but has anyone had issues with pops and clicks while using USB DAC mode? I’ve tried factory resetting, updating the firmware, and switching devices but I’m consistently experiencing pops and clicks during playback. Wondering if this is why this pair got returned in the first place.
None on my end. I got an open box too

Nov 4, 2022 at 2:45 PM Post #498 of 970
Thanks all. After talking to ML support they’re going back. They likely would have anyway - I love how they sound but I get the dreaded footstep thuds when walking in them, which eliminates them as a daily commuter. Maybe all over-ear headphones suffer from this but I’m gonna try the Bathys next.

Nov 4, 2022 at 3:56 PM Post #500 of 970
Very subjective... But I prefer the ML5909

Nov 4, 2022 at 6:36 PM Post #502 of 970
For the people who have both the ML 5909 and the Bathys, which sound better? I came to the conclusion that my UTWS5+Monarch Mk2 setup sounds better to my ears than the Bathys
Much preferred the ML 5909 over the Bathys for classical music. The Bathys made some orchestral classical music really problematic for me, with overemphasis on the wrong instruments. On the other hand, if you like electronic, the Bathys were great in that genre.

Nov 4, 2022 at 6:38 PM Post #503 of 970
After talking to ML support they’re going back.
What did they say? I did hear some popping on my Mac but not on my iPad. Since I only use them in wireless or wired passive modes, I didn't give it much thought.

Nov 4, 2022 at 8:46 PM Post #504 of 970
The on-ear detection is iffy, and when my headphones were new I had the same issue. Solutions that worked for me: powering on headphones when not wearing them. Also, the obvious other solution, turning off on-ear detection. On the positive side, after wearing these for a month, the pausing issue went away, no matter when or how I power them on.

Yep, turned on-ear detection off and no more pausing. Cheers.

Nov 4, 2022 at 10:06 PM Post #505 of 970
Much preferred the ML 5909 over the Bathys for classical music. The Bathys made some orchestral classical music really problematic for me, with overemphasis on the wrong instruments. On the other hand, if you like electronic, the Bathys were great in that genre.
I love classical thanks for this info. I’ll grab the ML and keep the Bathys anyway

Nov 5, 2022 at 9:48 AM Post #507 of 970
What did they say? I did hear some popping on my Mac but not on my iPad. Since I only use them in wireless or wired passive modes, I didn't give it much thought.
They seemed flummoxed by it and told me to exchange them.

Nov 5, 2022 at 10:40 AM Post #508 of 970
Been using the ML 5909 for a couple of days now and comparing it to my MW75. From my perspective, I think the ML 5909 has more clarity and bass is nice but it is very bright compared to MW75. So, I like it more on certain genre but some modern songs are hit or miss (e.g. some pop songs the vocals seems loud so its fatiguing to me, but on others its fine). But definitely the brightness is tiring.

I am probably doing a poor job describing my experience. I wonder if this is how the cans are supposed to be or if i should use EQ?

Nov 5, 2022 at 11:22 AM Post #509 of 970
Been using the ML 5909 for a couple of days now and comparing it to my MW75. From my perspective, I think the ML 5909 has more clarity and bass is nice but it is very bright compared to MW75. So, I like it more on certain genre but some modern songs are hit or miss (e.g. some pop songs the vocals seems loud so its fatiguing to me, but on others its fine). But definitely the brightness is tiring.

I am probably doing a poor job describing my experience. I wonder if this is how the cans are supposed to be or if i should use EQ?
Nah you're 100% right. Definitely use EQ of you can to tame the treble of the Levinsons. It's a very bright pair of headphones.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back