Mark Levinson № 5909 headphone
Apr 25, 2022 at 4:06 PM Post #91 of 970
It’s just a perk. I don’t want to buy another headphone, I need an ANC for work/commutes. The fact that they excel in passive mode is just a bonus, for me. And they sound so good in this mode, I don’t feel the need to purchase a separate set of phones for wired usage.
Do you find a difference in any quality passive (unwired or wired) vs with anc on? I haven’t spent enough wired time with mine to make the comparison yet.

Apr 25, 2022 at 4:16 PM Post #92 of 970
Do you find a difference in any quality passive (unwired or wired) vs with anc on? I haven’t spent enough wired time with mine to make the comparison yet.

I did. It's measurable with in-ear mics.
The magnitude of the difference could possibly differ between individuals and as the pads break in / wear out for these headphones.

Apr 25, 2022 at 4:17 PM Post #93 of 970
I did. It's measurable with in-ear mics.
The magnitude of the difference could possibly differ between individuals and as the pads break in / wear out for these headphones.
The thing that annoyed me about the ML app was I couldn’t do “enhanced bass” while being wired lol. That was the ideal setup for me, but they gotta make it difficult.

Apr 25, 2022 at 6:50 PM Post #94 of 970
In my setup as pictured, the bass is a bit lean in passive. Hence the addition of the Loki+. When eq’ed and amped, there _may_ be a bump in transparency/clarity/separation but I honestly have just been enjoying the music too much (both wired and wireless) too spend any amount of time a/b testing.

Apr 26, 2022 at 12:06 PM Post #95 of 970
TBH I'm slightly worried about how the USB C connection in the MLs fair as an analogue connection; wondering if it'll degrade the sound compared to something like the Bose QC45s with the 2.5mm input? (IK that headphones is no where as good quality but concerned more abt the analogue connectors that is being used)

Apr 26, 2022 at 12:08 PM Post #96 of 970
TBH I'm slightly worried about how the USB C connection in the MLs fair as an analogue connection; wondering if it'll degrade the sound compared to something like the Bose QC45s with the 2.5mm input? (IK that headphones is no where as good quality but concerned more abt the analogue connectors that is being used)
Lol quite literally the opposite??? It’s wired connection is better sounding.

Apr 26, 2022 at 10:47 PM Post #99 of 970
without prompting a cable debate, as long as the cable length and gauge is sufficient to not degrade the signal the electrons dont care what shape the connector is.

Apr 26, 2022 at 10:49 PM Post #100 of 970
without prompting a cable debate, as long as the cable length and gauge is sufficient to not degrade the signal the electrons dont care what shape the connector is.
I’d say you know enough people who were involved in the development of these headphones to be able to speak prominently on this not that you were connected to the actual development but I would trust your opinion and I will go with it.

Apr 30, 2022 at 2:22 AM Post #101 of 970
First impression while burning in.. Staging and imaging is fantastic... Really well positioned holographic imaging. Highs are a little bit hot and need to tame down... Lows in enhanced mode are solid and deep but a bit clinical. Need to loosen up and get a bit warmer...

Overall musical picture still a bit unbalanced and flattish but I hope that total picture will grow and become more coherent whith burn-in... For a first impression however quite impressive... 😎👍🏻

Apr 30, 2022 at 2:24 AM Post #102 of 970
One question though... It seems to be impossible to have them play wirelessly while connected to a charger, or is there a special trick to accomplish this?

Apr 30, 2022 at 3:59 AM Post #103 of 970
One question though... It seems to be impossible to have them play wirelessly while connected to a charger, or is there a special trick to accomplish this?

I think the only way for this is if you using the USB charging cable with your computer. When I'm using the USB to USB charging cable with my MacBook Pro, I can playing music and the charging light is on. In this case isn't necessary turning on the headphone.

EDIT: I'm sorry but I just seeing you meaning playing wirelessly. In this case the answer is no.

Last edited:
Apr 30, 2022 at 4:04 AM Post #104 of 970
I think the only way for this is if you using the USB charging cable with your computer. When I'm using the USB to USB charging cable with my MacBook Pro, I can playing music and the charging light is on. In this case isn't necessary turning on the headphone.

EDIT: I'm sorry but I just seeing you meaning playing wirelessly. In this case the answer is no.
Ok that means that since I am currently away from home I will need to recharge regularly as I only have my phone with me 😳😂

Apr 30, 2022 at 4:11 AM Post #105 of 970
Ok that means that since I am currently away from home I will need to recharge regularly as I only have my phone with me 😳😂

I don't know if regularly or not, is depending in how much you using the headphone. You obtaining 34 hours of BT playing with anc and ambient modes off. With anc or ambient on you obtaining 30 hours. The total charging time if the battery is completely dead is 1 hour and 40 minutes (100 minutes)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back