March 1st. Don't turn on your "fat" PS3's!!!
Mar 1, 2010 at 9:02 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 56

fenixdown110

Headphoneus Supremus
Due to a crippling system clock error, turning on your fat PS3 today (March 1st, 2010) will cause data to be corrupted and for the system to stop working properly. This includes being unable to play PS3 games or connecting to the PSN.

Hopefully, it will be fixed by the calendar moving to March 2nd...

Here's their twitter account, in case you want to keep up-to-date on the issue.
Sony PlayStation (SonyPlayStation) on Twitter

340x.gif

For those who watch anime...
2010-03-01-ps3crash.png

Mar 1, 2010 at 9:35 PM Post #5 of 56
I got a warning call from my friend to not turn it on last night luckily. I have the adapter switched off and unplugged. The PSN told us 24 hours and it would be fixed. It's been longer than that now... FFXIII is right around the corner and PS3's all around the world are dysfunctional. Sony will take a hit and might even trigger some lawsuits, unsuccessful ones or not.

Mar 1, 2010 at 9:43 PM Post #8 of 56
Very surprised to hear this, my friend informed me today morning about this. Kotaku is updating the post regularly. But strange how the focus now shifts to Sony, which was sitting pretty above all the Xbox RROD's (I just sent mine in and got a replacement last week
smily_headphones1.gif
)

Mar 1, 2010 at 9:50 PM Post #10 of 56
Some 60 and 80 gig PS3's were also unaffected, but that's just a minority.

Taken from the PSN message board:
Everybody at Sony is popping champagne and high-fiving each other. Raises and promotions for everybody. They're laughing at how they are screwing you so hard. And at your sad lamentations in your facebook updates as to how you can't play. The twitter feed has been absolutely delicious.

Mission How To Make A Grown Man Cry: Complete.

Phase 2: The Fetal Position has begun.

lol

Mar 1, 2010 at 10:25 PM Post #11 of 56
I played my fat PS3 last night and I couldn't connect to PSN. Games were playing find and I had my data though. I was looking forward to playing today until I read about the news. Guess I'll just leave it off.

The DN thing was funny.

Mar 1, 2010 at 10:45 PM Post #13 of 56
Xbawcks tree60 roolz.

Mar 1, 2010 at 11:10 PM Post #15 of 56
And the complaints are rolling in now by the thousands. Some users are absolutely livid.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back