Marantz CD5001 Giveaway - And the Winner is?
Jun 3, 2008 at 7:48 PM Post #16 of 81
I want a free CDP!

After getting scammed on ebay while buying a Rega Saturn (Which I saved my money for ~a year for), I've been left with a not-so-good Philips DVD player and an old technics turntable with a horrible stylus. The rest of my rig is good, a well-powered Onkyo reciever, self terminated blue jeans IC/speaker cable and X-LS encores from AV123. I've been planning on picking up a Grado too. Thanks for the offer!

Edit:Never mind...I didn't realize that my membership ran-out.

Jun 3, 2008 at 8:32 PM Post #19 of 81
I don't want a free CDP!
But I sure hope it find a new and loving home.
smily_headphones1.gif

jgonino. Kind of you to give it away!

Jun 3, 2008 at 9:26 PM Post #20 of 81
EDIT: I NO LONGER want a free CDP!....
tongue.gif

[Update: pinged my friend about this, his mother is not interested, doesn't have the room; appreciates the gesture, though]

I've been thinking of putting a system together for my friend's mom who can't get around as much, and is spending more time at home. She has a 3-piece Sony boombox right now, and uses it for a bunch of classical and folk music.

EDIT: snipped details

In any case, thanks for offer. Another nice Head-Fi gesture!

Jun 3, 2008 at 9:42 PM Post #21 of 81
I want a free CDP!

I want a CDP because all I've ever used is computer as source, and I want a dedicated music rig so I don't get distracted by the internet, games, and by fan noise. I want to be able to enjoy an album, reading through the liner notes, and not have to have the option of browsing that d*** website that keeps distracting me; I think it's head-fi!
wink.gif

Jun 3, 2008 at 10:17 PM Post #23 of 81
I want a free CDP!

Although my name is not bold, I have contributed to head-fi.

The reason I would love to win this is because I would give this to my dad as a joint gift. His 13 year old Pioneer died, and all he is left with is a DVD/VHS player.

Jun 3, 2008 at 11:17 PM Post #24 of 81
I want a free CDP

I managed to break the cd-rom on my computer.. which only has a 1999 integrated audio card anyhow. I've really been getting back into buying CDs again lately- just placed a $285 order over at The End Records

Gear-wise, I've got a Graham Slee Solo (though I'm likely selling that now to fund a pair of UE9s), a Lisa III XP, a pair of v3 darth beyers (same with likely selling), a pair of recabled k701s, ultrasone proline 650s, and an ultrasone proline 2500

Source-wise, I have an iMod.

I'd enjoy having a nice CDP to lay down on my bed and listen from. And it'll speed up my list of things to acquire before diving into my production gear.. which is what I most eagerly await

Thanks for doing this for the community, I'm always impressed and grateful for this unusual trove of appreciative people we have here

Jun 3, 2008 at 11:23 PM Post #25 of 81
I want a free CDP!

I have decent headphones (K1000, Sextett, K401, K501) and a custom headphone amp similar to PPAv2 that sounds wonderful (even with K1000), but my CD player is over 20 years old and not so great. I usually listen to music from my PC with the Squeezebox and an external DAC, but after selling most of my headphones and buying hundreds more CDs, it will be a long time before I ever get them all ripped. So I am using a cheap CD player for much of my music now.
frown.gif

I probably don't deserve it as much as other people, but I want to be in the fun of one of these giveaways too.
tongue.gif

Jun 3, 2008 at 11:25 PM Post #26 of 81
I want a free CDP!

I would like this CDP because I have an old Magnavox CDP right now and it is definitely the weak link in my setup right now. Good ICs, good integrated amp, good phones, just need a good CD source to match my vinyl deck.

Hell, I'd ship off my Magnavox if I win this one. I like and use my Marantz tuner, so this would be an even better match for my system aesthetically!

Jun 3, 2008 at 11:57 PM Post #27 of 81
I want a free CDP!

I just got through with an ugly divorce and don't have the money to replace my stereo setup. At least I kept the headphones and the amp, but I have nothing really decent to use them on.

Michael

Jun 4, 2008 at 12:31 AM Post #28 of 81
I want a free CDP!

My Stax are tired of being fed by the Emu 0404 when they should be getting so much more! I would like to remove the Stax from my computer setup, so I can have a separate CDP->SRM-1->Stax rig!

Jun 4, 2008 at 12:57 AM Post #29 of 81
I want a free CDP!
My current budget CDp is a NAD 521BEE. my amp is a corda opera analogue, and my phones are HD650's with nylon mods. my CDP is a definite weak point in my system, and this would be a great addition. I am a photography student at the University of Washington. there are a lot of musicians in our department and everyone has very good taste in music. but we have NO output save for the crappy little speakers in our G5's in our digital lab. if i win i will put my old CDP, and a pair of klipsch promedia 2.1's in our lab for people to use. it will help to build a closer community in a place where some graduating students do not even know the names of all the people in their class.

Jun 4, 2008 at 1:01 AM Post #30 of 81
I want a free CDP!

I would make SUCH good use of this CDP!!! It would PERFECTLY match my Marantz SR7002! Not to mention it would replace my obsolete and dying Sony CDP-195, and the Panasonic DVD player I currently use for CD's.

I have a 2007 HeadRoom Desktop Portable Amp and a pair of modded ATH-W5000's that I'm crazy about. I would also use my currently-out-of-commission AudioQuest OptiLink-3 cable in this setup.

I am waaaay too excited about having a shot at this. Please consider me, even though my amp is perhaps only somewhat considered a home amp.

Whoever does end up winning the giveaway will sure have a sweet piece of gear to enjoy! Thanks for the chance.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back