Marantz CD5001 Giveaway - And the Winner is?
Jun 3, 2008 at 5:48 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 81

jgonino

Headphoneus Supremus
I took the names of the qualified applicants, and stuck them into a fun little VB program which stores into an array, and then picks a random value.

[size=medium]The winner is:[/size]

[size=xx-large]-=Germania=- !![/size]

Please send me a PM so we can work out the details.
biggrin.gif

Just for kicks, I decided to hit the button again, and pick a another name for a "second place" prize. [size=medium]The second prize winner is ecclesand[/size], and he will have to PM me to find out his prize!

To all the others: Watch for more Giveaway threads, there may be more to come.
wink.gif

I really love this community, and I have been mulling over the idea of giving something away to help give back. And so, here we go:

I will give away my Marantz CD-5001 CD Player to one lucky Head-fi'er who follows these rules:

[size=small]1.[/size] Must be a contributing member

[size=small]2.[/size] Must have a HOME headphone amp, and some decent headphones, because I don't want it to go to waste.

[size=small]3.[/size] Must post: "I want a free CDP!" without the quotes in this thread, along with why you think you should get it, and what your other gear is.

[size=small]4.[/size] I will ship it anywhere in the world, but international winners must pay the shipping cost.

img4085km6.jpg

Jun 3, 2008 at 5:53 PM Post #2 of 81
I want a free CDP because I'm seriously lacking source gear.

My current rig:

iAudio X5L --> Millet hybrid/ Bada PH-12 -> AD2000/SR-325/K701

frown.gif
good amps/headphones not showing their full potential because of portable DAP as the source.

Thanks jgonino!!

Jun 3, 2008 at 6:02 PM Post #3 of 81
I want a free CDP!

I don't have a good CDP, but see sig for the other gear I have. It's a shame that I don't have a better transport aside from USB, but I'm an undergrad, so you can figure that one out.

Thanks for your generosity!

Jun 3, 2008 at 6:11 PM Post #4 of 81
I guess I should add that I will accept submissions until 11:59PM on Friday, June 6th.

Keep those posts coming!

Jun 3, 2008 at 6:11 PM Post #5 of 81
I want a free CDP!

Currently have: MisterX XP Home Amp (high gain).
Building: Millet Min Amp
Headphones: see sig!

Currently, I am running all of my audio from my computer and have no other way to play CD's than through my computer CD tray...and that is a lackluster way of going about it. It would be well cared for. Like all of my equipment, it is kept mint-near mint.

Jun 3, 2008 at 6:15 PM Post #6 of 81
I want a free CDP!

Reason? Well I already have an SA7001. I therefore know that Marantz makes some very nice, very well built kit. There are quite also a few people I know who are passionate about music but are not in a position to afford much in terms of great playback gear. The CD5001 would make one helluva gift to a budding audiophile, or melomanes as Sam Tellig would say. So yes, it is entering a giveaway with the plan to give away....but all with good intent.

Jun 3, 2008 at 6:26 PM Post #7 of 81
I want a free CDP!

My sources are all computer focused; I wouldn't mind testing out a real CDP. See sig for equipment. I would probably put it back in the lottery after I have gotten experience with it. I hope it doesn't make me go buy a G08....

Jun 3, 2008 at 6:30 PM Post #8 of 81
I want a free CDP!

Current set-up:
Computer -> Pico -> Little-Dot MK4se -> MS2i & DT990 250ohm

I do not have a legit CD player, and I've never had one before. I've been listening to FLACs and MP3s but recently decided to try CDs. Not knowing what CDP to get, I've been just building my CD collection for about 2 months. My computer's CD-rom isn't just getting the job done properly. The Marantz CDP should let me experience the true potential of my amp and headphones.
Thanks.

Jun 3, 2008 at 6:43 PM Post #9 of 81
I want a free CDP!

Right now I am waiting to get a used gilmore lite or darkvoice 336i. I have had a few amps and once one pops up on the fs forum I will snatch it up. They will go to my sextetts, sr60's, a cheap electrolet system and eventually a grado rs 2 (in sights in a month or so). Having downloaded music for years (sold old system have a Keces 151 coming in a couple days) I have decided to give back to the artists and start a collection. I have been buying a couple CDs a day for a while now. Right now I am using a Toshiba DVD player (the one that got all the hype) but would like to compare it to a real CDP. I went into a hifi shop and compared a pair of headphones between two different class cdp's and was astounded by the difference. I want to go source first but right now I don't have the money to invest in an amazing CDP - not enough to make the jump worth it. Either way I will end up buying a CDP but this would allow me to either buy the amp I want new or get the RS2's sooner
smily_headphones1.gif

Jun 3, 2008 at 6:44 PM Post #10 of 81
I want a free CDP!

Why?
I have never owned a CD player in my whole - though still quite short - life and it seemed like my 270+ CDs were destined to gather dust in a cheapish IKEA storage solution forevermore. But now, by the will of mighty jgonino they might finally be released from their dark prison and rise to their full glory!

My gear: currently a Stax SRD7/mk2 + the Omega II

Edit: Sorry, never mind me, I'm stupid and obviously can't read...hope you had fun anyway.

Jun 3, 2008 at 7:12 PM Post #13 of 81
Quote:

Originally Posted by Bastet /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I want a free CDP!

Why?
I have never owned a CD player in my whole - though still quite short - life and it seemed like my 270+ CDs were destined to gather dust in a cheapish IKEA storage solution forevermore. But now, by the will of mighty jgonino they might finally be released from their dark prison and rise to their full glory!

My gear: currently a Stax SRD7/mk2 + the Omega II

You need to be a contributing member dude. Contributing members are the dudes with blue names who have given money to head-fi.

I don't qualify, but very generous of you jgonino.
smily_headphones1.gif

Jun 3, 2008 at 7:14 PM Post #14 of 81
I want a free cdp!
my headphone amp is an emu 0404, not that awesome, but most of my listening is done via speakers, and my speaker setup isn't half bad. (sig)
if i win i promise that my scph1002 will be duely given away.

Jun 3, 2008 at 7:41 PM Post #15 of 81
I want a free CDP!

I use a Meier HA-2 MKII SE amp. My current CDP is a TEAC PD-D2610 that I bought from Newegg for $95. I'm using it as a transport only (dig out) feeding my OMZ dac because the dac onboard the Teac is pretty weak. I would like to win your Marantz because I would give it a good home; I would love it and nurture it; keep it warm in the winter and cool in the summer; and promise to treat it with the utmost respect....until death do us part. Oh yeah...and because I've never won anything on Head-Fi.
frown.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back