INTERCON_lg.jpg

CLEARVIEW ULTRATHIN II INTERCONNECT
Ultrathin.jpg

CLEARVIEW DOUBLE HELIX II INTERCONNECT
DOUBLEHE_lg.jpg

CLEARVIEW DOUBLE HELIX POWER STRIP
powerstrip_lg.jpg

Mar 21, 2002 at 7:04 AM Post #2 of 14
I have seen some crazy things, but... this is a joke right?

Someone tell me that this is a joke?

I can't believe those would even work... how can it carry enough current?

Driftwood

Mar 21, 2002 at 7:35 AM Post #3 of 14
And you never heard about these before?
confused.gif
These are the interconns I've been very tempted to try. They work alright, reviews mention that they sound very transparent and airy (no surprise there), but a bit light on the bass. BTW, those Helix cables are actually all scaled down versions of their industrial cables, the Omega Mikros, which cost over $1000.

Even without the cables, it's also worth checking out Mapleshade's recordings, which are excellent.

Mar 21, 2002 at 7:39 AM Post #4 of 14
I have heard of them before, I just never saw pictures.

It really seems like they either aren't doing everything they are supposed to, or everything else out there is really overkill.

I would be scared of breaking those.

Driftwood

Mar 21, 2002 at 9:14 PM Post #5 of 14
These cables are strange and unique. I have tried the interconnects. They are very fragile and can break. The bag coverings look like condoms (do not use). Sonics are a bit thin. There are better cables out there. The power cord plug is appalling, a $1.59 Home Depot special.
biggrin.gif

Mar 21, 2002 at 9:25 PM Post #6 of 14
A bit off-topic - I've been meaning to order some cds from Mapleshade for probably going on three years now, and somehow I've just never gotten arond to it. Do any of you have any suggestions?

Mar 22, 2002 at 1:51 AM Post #8 of 14
If you ever decide to use those power cables and your house catches on fire, well, your insurance company will most likely beat the snot out of you
tongue.gif

Mar 22, 2002 at 4:01 AM Post #9 of 14
Quote:

Originally posted by chych
If you ever decide to use those power cables and your house catches on fire, well, your insurance company will most likely beat the snot out of you
tongue.gif

LOL!
They might even use a real power cord to beat you with.

Mar 23, 2002 at 4:47 AM Post #11 of 14
Quote:

Originally posted by dcg
A bit off-topic - I've been meaning to order some cds from Mapleshade for probably going on three years now, and somehow I've just never gotten arond to it. Do any of you have any suggestions?

I just ordered a sampler CD from Mapleshade a couple of months ago and it's fantastic. It's got a mixture of their different artists and costs something like $8 if I remember correctly. It's very cheap and sounds fantastic. Highly recommended especially if you're into jazz or blues. Anyway, get the sampler and that will tell you which of their artists you like and you can go from there.

Mar 23, 2002 at 6:54 AM Post #12 of 14
Mapleshade does have some good stuff. I have ordered about 8 or so. Returned one. I am only happy with about half of them.

But sound quality was good on all.

One is now one of my favorite cd's/recordings. A swing/big band
cd called "Is You Is Or Is You Ain't My Baby", by the J Street Jumpers. I love it! Sounds right out of the 30's but with audiophile quality sound!

smily_headphones1.gif

Mar 23, 2002 at 7:38 AM Post #13 of 14
I like the idea of using air as the dielectric for the IC's and sealing them against condensation...I agree about the power cable though if used with a high current amp. With a CD Player or other component with relatively low voltage/wattage demands, I don't think it would cause any trouble. I don't like the twisted pair speaker cable though. Too much added capacitance shading the high frequencies...

These products might be a good choice if you liked the sound and weren't a compulsive re-arranger.

Mar 27, 2002 at 5:23 PM Post #14 of 14
I cannot imagine using these in my system ... I would be so nervous about the jacket coming off and electrocuting me / my gear / my fiance (Not necessarily in that order
biggrin.gif
).

- Jeff

Users who are viewing this thread

Back