maple headphone stand
Apr 16, 2006 at 4:46 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 14

penguindude

1000+ Head-Fier
Hi Todd,

I just ordered a stand from your site. I'm just wondering what is the height of the stand and how come in the picture there are some huge writings on it? Will there be writings on mine?

thanks!

Apr 16, 2006 at 4:53 PM Post #4 of 14
haha, it seems Todd wants to publish his brand. He probably should redesign a better logo
biggrin.gif

Apr 16, 2006 at 4:56 PM Post #5 of 14
Quote:

Originally Posted by Veniogenesis
I'm not sure of the exact height of the TTVJ stands. They do indeed have branding on the side however.

Check out the BHD's photos: http://www6.head-fi.org/forums/showp...81&postcount=6

I bought 3 stands from Todd within the last couple of months and none of mine have any branding on it.

Apr 17, 2006 at 6:09 AM Post #8 of 14
I got my stand with my AKG 701's and it had no branding on it. Solid stand, seems well built (very simple)

The only thing I would do (which I will probably do myself) is to sand down the edges on the top.

edit: it seems as though the stands pictued in the post linked above had this done, my stand didn't and has the thinner base. Either way, still a nice stand.

Aug 13, 2006 at 10:59 PM Post #9 of 14
Did anybody get the height? They seem like they'd be too tall for the STAX earspeaker cover:

stands019.jpg

Sep 17, 2006 at 7:26 PM Post #10 of 14
Anyone? I sent an email a month ago but never got a response back.

Sep 17, 2006 at 7:56 PM Post #11 of 14
$25 eh? I think I'll make a few of these in woodshop this year and sell them here..

Maple board+scroll saw+sandpaper=headphone stand.

Though the base look like it could be a little tricky.

Sep 20, 2006 at 7:16 PM Post #13 of 14
I'm sure that Todd's stand is descent for the price. After all I don't have access to any woodworking tools. Just think of it this way, it can also be used as a paddle for your kids after they messed with your headphones.
basshead.gif

Sep 22, 2006 at 9:10 PM Post #14 of 14
HI All,

The stands are 12" from the bottom of the base to the top of the stand. They are just under 11" from the top of the base to the top of the stand.

The original stands had the brand on them but the brand is now in the hands of the folks who make my record crates. I have someone else manufacturing the stands. They are also now unfinished for two reasons - I had request for this and the current builder of the stands is not set up to finish them properly.

Todd

Users who are viewing this thread

Back