Map Your Setup! (It's Time To Get Charty) Thread
Jul 31, 2012 at 2:54 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 27

ssrock64

Headphoneus Supremus
Have you ever wondered what your setup would look like as a chart? Too bad, you're going to make one anyways. The goal of the thread is to map your master setup(s), and to show the interlinking gear you own and how you use it. You can be as simple or as complex as you like (use generic terms like "source 3" if you want to seem sexily mysterious, or document every cable if you want your expertise to shine through). The person with the most complex setup will get absolutely nothing, FOR FREE!

I've included my main home setup, as well as my simpler portable setup, and it only took about ten minutes on LucidChart:

​
Get at it!

Jul 31, 2012 at 4:19 PM Post #2 of 27
I like the idea. Kind of only posting in order to remember to post a chart of my own later on, don't have the time to make one now.

If this thread turns out well, it should be very nice for new users to look through to learn a bit about this and that.

Jul 31, 2012 at 10:35 PM Post #5 of 27
Quote:
That's about how it looks.

It's all so clear now! I never thought I'd understand your setup until you made a U.S. subway map out of it.

The Trail leading to the K 314 is especially impenetrable.

Aug 1, 2012 at 5:17 PM Post #7 of 27
Quote:

Fruit of my boredom.

EDIT: Damn, I forgot to draw an arrow from the subwoofer to my ears. Well, basically I don't hear it anyway.

Nice and clean setup, with no fussing around for good sound. It seems like you know exactly what you want.

Aug 1, 2012 at 6:37 PM Post #8 of 27
This was taken apart and dispersed across three rooms recently, but here:

The reason for all of the returns is to add additional decoding hardware and features. The audio signal really did go into the A3090, out to the AC500D, process, and return for amplification. This thing was a nightmare to wire up. The "slave" PC had a TV tuner in it as well; monitors were shared via network utilities. "Normal PC Monitors" was four displays before I broke it apart, and I didn't include the expanded view with the wired network and S-AIR distribution system. Oh, forgot to include the presence effects speakers, and the two universal remotes that controlled this. :xf_eek:

Do I win? :tongue_smile:

Aug 1, 2012 at 7:57 PM Post #9 of 27
Quote:
Do I win?
tongue_smile.gif

So far you're on top, but we'll see if this thread gets bigger.

Aug 3, 2012 at 5:46 PM Post #10 of 27
I just sold off most of my mid-fi gear and rearranged my home setup into two distinct setups, so I'll post a new flowchart up here soon.

Aug 3, 2012 at 11:32 PM Post #12 of 27
Quote:
Here's my setup at the moment:

I want to change out a few bits of the DJ equipment to get this:

And then I'll get better speakers and amp.

So what do you think of the PXC 450? I used to have an HDR 140, and it never excited me.

Aug 4, 2012 at 2:51 AM Post #13 of 27
Quote:
So what do you think of the PXC 450? I used to have an HDR 140, and it never excited me.

The sound is not that great, but not too bad. The NR is not bad. I fly to/from work every week which is why I got them. For that, they serve their intended purpose. I wouldn't use them at home though.

Aug 4, 2012 at 11:56 AM Post #15 of 27
Quote:
Alright, you're just trying to make that line from the Bravura to the K141 look difficult.  What's up with those double loops?

Well, the wiring loops through itself to reduce jitter and to keep everything in phase, obviously
atsmile.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back