Manhattan Style Circuit Building
Feb 22, 2009 at 10:33 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 11

fishski13

Member of the Trade: SolderWorksAudio
Feb 22, 2009 at 11:15 AM Post #3 of 11
Quote:

Originally Posted by FallenAngel /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Looks truly awful in terms of time wasting a LOT of time!

no I don't think you're quite there yet

looks truly awful in terms of wasting A RIDICULOUSLY INORDINATE amount of time
tongue_smile.gif

still kind of a cool read

Feb 22, 2009 at 6:22 PM Post #4 of 11
See http://www.head-fi.org/forums/f6/nee...boards-392787/

The first link Prototyping Systems Compared gives the simple answer. The chart list a single number for each characteristic, and is otherwise very short on details. I think there's something missing, which you'll find in the other docs. The simple answer is that manhattan's strength is in prototyping, especially RF circuits. The advanced techniques are an attempt to add some of the convenience of printed circuits without hindering the ability to modify the circuit layout. The RDI Wainwright boards are meant for manhattan style construction, but they seem to be out of business, so you probably won't see their circuit layouts, which are prefabricated boards like the 8 pn DIP in the article, but for hundreds of integrated circuits and what not.

Feb 23, 2009 at 2:13 AM Post #5 of 11
Quote:

Originally Posted by SiBurning /img/forum/go_quote.gif
See http://www.head-fi.org/forums/f6/nee...boards-392787/

The first link Prototyping Systems Compared gives the simple answer. The chart list a single number for each characteristic, and is otherwise very short on details. I think there's something missing, which you'll find in the other docs. The simple answer is that manhattan's strength is in prototyping, especially RF circuits. The advanced techniques are an attempt to add some of the convenience of printed circuits without hindering the ability to modify the circuit layout. The RDI Wainwright boards are meant for manhattan style construction, but they seem to be out of business, so you probably won't see their circuit layouts, which are prefabricated boards like the 8 pn DIP in the article, but for hundreds of integrated circuits and what not.

thanks. yes, the head-fi link you posted introduced me to these different building techniques. the RDI Wainwright looks pretty interesting as well. looks like you could build the boards with single-sided PCB.

Feb 23, 2009 at 8:44 AM Post #7 of 11
Quote:

Originally Posted by Tedro /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Sounds like a challenge. Who wants me to built something for them Manhattan Style?

Gainclone?

Feb 24, 2009 at 1:37 AM Post #9 of 11
Quote:

Originally Posted by fishski13 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Gainclone?

Sure, I should have most of the parts except for the chipamps and the PC boards. Send some my way and I will build it.

Feb 25, 2009 at 9:30 AM Post #10 of 11
Quote:

Originally Posted by Tedro /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Sure, I should have most of the parts except for the chipamps and the PC boards. Send some my way and I will build it.

oh, i thought you meant for free - thanks though
wink.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back