Man Teaches Apple To Not Repair His Macbook By Smashing It With Sledgehammer
Jun 24, 2007 at 6:04 PM Post #2 of 27
Some people are just goofy attention seekers.

Jun 24, 2007 at 7:14 PM Post #6 of 27
Fraud claim gone wrong.
plainface.gif

Jun 24, 2007 at 7:43 PM Post #7 of 27
If a person is idiot enough to screw up a mac and make it freeze, they deserve to lose money.

Jun 24, 2007 at 8:01 PM Post #8 of 27
Ehh, whatever floats his boat.

Jun 24, 2007 at 8:25 PM Post #10 of 27
Quote:

Originally Posted by episiarch /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Not bad, but I like it better when Tatjana does it.

Whoa, on that site they have one where this girl breaks an old CRT monitor. CRT monitors have a lot of lead in them, I don't know if that was such a good idea.

Jun 25, 2007 at 3:33 AM Post #12 of 27
I don't blame him. The experiences that I've had with my sister's Macbook and with Apple's tech support make me want to take a hammer to the damn thing too.

Jun 25, 2007 at 4:03 AM Post #14 of 27
Both my iBook and my Macbook had their hiccups, and on the ibook I didn't have Applecare. Within 4 months a happening yellow line appeared on the display. They offered to replace it, or I could go to the local Apple authorized service center and they could replace the screen. I opted for the later and got to talk to the person who would be putting on a new screen. The only delay was an industry-wide display shortage at the time, a couple of weeks.

Then one of the Macbook keys fell off. I don't mean the plastic key itself where you just put it back on, I mean the entire mechanism broke. I don't type abnormally, it's just not a robust keyboard. Another call to Apple and the local service center replaced the key in a matter of seconds.

Annoying in both instances that it happened, but at least they made good.

With the guy in this story, we only know his side, and there's any number of methods of making Apple eat their decision. But hey, a sledgehemmer is a short term solution that promises permanent hardware failure.

Jun 25, 2007 at 4:08 AM Post #15 of 27
I believe he mentioned in one of his responses to his detractors that he canabilized the working parts and sold it to buy a new notebook.
For all we know, it's just the housing and his "burnt" motherboard.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back