Malkmus since Pavement?
Nov 15, 2005 at 9:04 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

Nepenthe

500+ Head-Fier
Is Malkmus' work since Pavement split worth picking up? I think there are three albums, what would you recommend?

Thanks.

Nov 15, 2005 at 10:20 PM Post #2 of 7
Check out his first solo album and Pig Lib. good stuff!

links:

Nov 15, 2005 at 10:24 PM Post #3 of 7
I'd say no. I think his work since pavement isn't that good IMHO. I'v seen him twice since he left the band. He sounds so much better live and I actually enjoy the music live, There might be something lost in the translation to CD (maybe?).

I'd say if you don't have any silver jews get them maybe starlite walker - Malkmus is on a couple tracks
smily_headphones1.gif

Nov 15, 2005 at 10:28 PM Post #4 of 7
to each their own. i think it depends on what phase of Pavement's music one prefers. If one likes Terror Twilight, they will likely enjoy the two albums I mentioned.

However, the three albums I just alluded to are different from the earlier Pavement works, and might not be to everyone's liking.

Listen to samples (at amazon or elsewhere) and see what you think

Nov 15, 2005 at 10:35 PM Post #5 of 7
I loved Terror Twilight! Can't really compare it to Slanted, but those two are my favorites.

What about the 2005 album?

Nov 15, 2005 at 10:51 PM Post #6 of 7
I think my favorite Pavement album was Wowee Zowee, so you know I like the playful phase of Pavement. I haven't heard Pig Lib yet, but his first solo album is excellent imo. It's not as outright strange as Wowee Zowee, but it's fun.

Nov 16, 2005 at 5:34 AM Post #7 of 7
Quote:

Originally Posted by Nepenthe
Is Malkmus' work since Pavement split worth picking up? I think there are three albums, what would you recommend?

Thanks.

I saw him live last summer -- it was ok I thought. But I am a huge fan of Pavement -- the remasters/bonus packages of Slanted and Crooked Rain have been great, IMHO.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back