Making an Audio Beanie
Nov 29, 2010 at 12:45 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

stothy862

New Head-Fier
I am new here and mainly looking for something cheap! Sorry if some of you don't like that :wink:

I am looking to convert my beanie into an audio beanie and the perfect headphones for the job (at the moment) are my beloved Koss Porta Pros! Don't get me wrong I will happily use them for this hat, but I will need a replacement, something cheap and over the head! 

I know it's not much but I don't really want to be forking out another £20 a pair of Koss' as I am still in full time education; so I either want you lot to suggest me a cheaper alternative to them or suggest me a pair of headphones, cheap, over the head and has small earpieces!

So anyone have any suggestions?

Nov 29, 2010 at 12:50 PM Post #2 of 6
Well, not to side track, but 180s make a earmuff with JVC drivers, I have them, they're pretty warm.  The issue with beanies that I could see is how well do they cover and stay on the year, unless you're wanting to do something toque style with ear flaps lol.  I say whatever you can buy cheap to experiment with, then if they're good move on to something better.  Reason, incase you screw up you can always rebuy them.  Airplane handouts are nice cheap/free alternatives if you got some lying around.

Nov 29, 2010 at 12:55 PM Post #3 of 6

Quote:
Well, not to side track, but 180s make a earmuff with JVC drivers, I have them, they're pretty warm.  The issue with beanies that I could see is how well do they cover and stay on the year, unless you're wanting to do something toque style with ear flaps lol.  I say whatever you can buy cheap to experiment with, then if they're good move on to something better.  Reason, incase you screw up you can always rebuy them.  Airplane handouts are nice cheap/free alternatives if you got some lying around.

Yes yes, I did consider the 'muffs but not really suiting my persona :wink: But I want to go cheap any way, but just want a decent sound quality at least as I find it rather annoying if it's not!

Yep I am going flaps style lol !

Users who are viewing this thread

Back