Making a trade on forum
May 14, 2012 at 5:48 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

Luke-

500+ Head-Fier
Hi

I have some headphone for trade on the forum but what is the safest procedure when trading do I wait to receive to traded item before I send mine ?

Cheers

Luke

May 14, 2012 at 5:52 AM Post #2 of 6
Trades can be kind of tricky. There's no real way to ensure the trade is going to go through. If the person you're trading with has positive feedback, personally I'd recommend you send yours first, since he has credibility. By doing this, you yourself earn credibility for future trades.

Of course do your research on who you're trading with first. Private messaging other people he's dealt with is a good place to start. Also check out his posts to see how he fits in in the community. When it comes to people on the internet, you have to go to nearly stalker levels to get all the information you can.

Doing trades can be kind of scary at first, but the feedback system works well, and the mods are quick to deal with people who do shady business!

May 14, 2012 at 7:24 AM Post #3 of 6
^ basically what he said. 

i've traded here for a while now and haven't any problems yet. its a pretty safe market compared to some other online markets i've traded on.

May 14, 2012 at 9:37 AM Post #4 of 6
Most of the people I've traded with here have been great. In fact all of my experience has been positive. I did pull out of a trade with someone because some friends here pm'ed me that the guy was not honest.

You always have to be careful.

May 14, 2012 at 9:43 AM Post #5 of 6
Trades can be kind of tricky. There's no real way to ensure the trade is going to go through. If the person you're trading with has positive feedback, personally I'd recommend you send yours first, since he has credibility. By doing this, you yourself earn credibility for future trades.

Of course do your research on who you're trading with first. Private messaging other people he's dealt with is a good place to start. Also check out his posts to see how he fits in in the community. When it comes to people on the internet, you have to go to nearly stalker levels to get all the information you can.

Doing trades can be kind of scary at first, but the feedback system works well, and the mods are quick to deal with people who do shady business!

This.

Feedback is always a great place to start. If they have a neutral or negative, why do they have it? Was it just something was well packaged? Or did they not send the item?
I've done a small number of trades here and I have not encountered problems as of yet.

May 14, 2012 at 1:41 PM Post #6 of 6
I've been buying/selling on the forum for almost 7 years, and I've never had any issues. In fact, I consider this one of the safest and best trading forums out there.

That said, you can never be too careful, especially with the large influx or new members lately as Head-Fi has grown in popularity. In addition to what everyone has said so far, also be sure to check the feedback of the people who left feedback for the person you might potentially be making a deal with. In other words, make sure the feedback that they do have is legit and not from some dummy account that they've created. (I've never encountered that here, but it's a common trick on eBay.)

As Kukuk said, if the other member has established a strong track record of good feedback, it might be advisable if you sent first. If you're feeling really hesitant about that, or if the other person doesn't have much of a track record, you could try asking someone with strong feedback history here to act as an intermediary. This person would receive both packages, then send them on to the intended recipient. You'd have to compensate the intermediary for the shipping, of course, and his/her time as you feel appropriate. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back