Making a Single Op-Amp into a Dual
Jan 23, 2004 at 4:45 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

Magic77

500+ Head-Fier
I'm actually referring to the OPA627 being used in the Pimeta with a browndog adapter. Is it actually Safe/OK to use the 627 this way in the Pimeta?

I don't hear too many people mentioning the OPA627 for use in the Pimeta.

Is it a better choice to use 1 Dual Op-amp on the L&R socket opposed to making 2 Single Op-Amps into a Dual with a browndog?

Jan 23, 2004 at 8:18 PM Post #2 of 6
There have been a few posts about people using OPA637s in a Browndog with sucess. I am hoping OPA627s will work okay in a Browndog because that's what I plan on using in my PIMETA. I really don't see any reason why it won't work though.

Jan 24, 2004 at 4:42 PM Post #3 of 6
Quote:

Originally posted by donovansmith
There have been a few posts about people using OPA637s in a Browndog with sucess. I am hoping OPA627s will work okay in a Browndog because that's what I plan on using in my PIMETA. I really don't see any reason why it won't work though.

Yes, it does work. I'm using the OPA627's on a browndog right now with my Pimeta.

I guess what I really meant to say in my original post was; Would using a browndog to convert 2 single op-amps into 1 dual take away from any sound quality/performance, opposed to using 1 dual op-amp package?

Jan 24, 2004 at 5:10 PM Post #5 of 6
It is safe and OK to use a BrownDog adapter to convert two OPA627 into a dual opamp. In a Cmoy configuration (the opamp is the output driver) you also get better channel separation and power handling capability than a dual opamp.

Jan 24, 2004 at 5:15 PM Post #6 of 6
Quote:

Originally posted by morsel
It is safe and OK to use a BrownDog adapter to convert two OPA627 into a dual opamp. In a Cmoy configuration (the opamp is the output driver) you also get better channel separation and power handling capability than a dual opamp.

Thanks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back