MAKING A DECENT HI-FI POWER SUPPLY FOR XONAR ESSENCE
Nov 16, 2013 at 1:03 PM Post #316 of 322
Is this thread dead??

I have a Sjostom ultra high performace regulator board (+-12V) that i want to power externally from a +-18V AC/DC power supply to feed my STX...
I want to tap into pin 3 of the 7812 (unsoldered 7812 of course) fpr the +12V and tap into U34 pin 3 for the -12V.
Does removing "L1" disconnect the -12V circuit from U34 output section on the STX? In otherwords, does removing L1 kill the -12V supply to the card unless a 7912 is soldered in?

Id also like to add +5V to the card from this regulator...Im thinking of feeding a 7808 with the +12V, then to a 7805 and tapping into the molex red wire (separate from the PC PSU of course.) Or is there a spot on the card where a 7805 already resides and i can feed it +8V directly to pin 1 after lifting it from the board?

Im thinking this would be the ultimate power solution for the STX!

Id likely also power a discrete clock with the same super regulator.

Im a little unsure of correctly grounding everything however...I think it would be safe to ground the 18V power supply to the PC chassis, STX to the chassis and super regulator to the chassis...?

Apr 27, 2014 at 4:46 PM Post #321 of 322
Even the STX2 will have weaknesses that will need addressing. ..
My STX now has regulated, 15V-+ external power to the analog side...
e4u4a8ad.jpg

5edudaty.jpg

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

Mar 2, 2015 at 11:24 PM Post #322 of 322
fzman (or anybody else who has added a linear supply to their ST or STX card) - Is there any worries about when the external supply is powered up with respect to the PC? Can it do any damage if you don't follow a sequence? Any advice would be appreciated.

hjam

Users who are viewing this thread

Back