Make shure se535 a better looking /better sounding ear Jewelry
Apr 30, 2013 at 1:26 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

MorAase

New Head-Fier
I have just ordered a pair of custom ear sleeves for my se535, made by acs, hoping they at last will sound what they were ment to. You see, I suffer from som kind of rheuma, causing my head to kind of shake and rattle, thus my precious iem tends to fall out....

And maybe a new cable? I will not ask of which, but, when looking at the Sun Cable Audio store in Hong Kong -
is the Furutech cable better than my shure original cable,
and that twice as expensive Crystal Love cable, waay much better than both Shure and Furutech cable ?

Not to mention the immense expensive Baldur Mk III which I have read so much about in this forum -- even much better then all these three - what can you hear "as difference" ??

My musical pref. is varied, like Dire Straits, Mark Knopfler, Enya, Roy orbison, Kjukken, Keb Mo, Ane Bruun. Not much classical Im afraid.

Apr 30, 2013 at 3:10 AM Post #2 of 6
Congratulations for your nice IEM.

Weather a cable will improve the sound quality is a neverending debate. My advice: Dont buy any that you can not send back. For me the difference is so small, that I don't switch them even on phones costing 3x more than my shure se535.

May 2, 2013 at 6:32 AM Post #3 of 6
Quote:
....... I will not ask of which, but, when looking at the Sun Cable Audio store in Hong Kong .......

sounds like you are in HK.  There are shops where you can try the cables first.
For me, I do notice an improvement after changing the original cable and I think it worths (I am using "chihuahua plus" right now)

May 2, 2013 at 8:55 AM Post #4 of 6
Its snowing, its 2 Celsius, oh no!

Im at home, in Norway, I sure should like to trravel to some warmer city :wink:

Surfing the net surfing eBay, should really like to get those Crystal Love cables, which

"These cables are braided with 8X (eight cores). Made with 92% Silver and 8% OCC Conductor + 24K Gold plated (3um thickness) copper pin connectors and WBT 4% silver solder.
Crystal Love cables has the characteristics: High-speed transmission. Sounds like the name, the voice clear and sweet, full of youthful impulse, erected high and mid frequencies, lighter but decent quality low frequencies. Good high frequency extension, but not sharp, delicate orchestral. Fluidity and layer separation is better when compared to the original cable."

Or the cheaper Marine Heart which;

"Marine Heart cable has the characteristics: Smooth and exquisite high frequency but not sharp. Solid bass and clear sense of gradation. Focused vocals, smooth yet distinguished between the range of frequencies."

What a selection of lovely cables!!!

:wink:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back