Make earphones louder and right equalizing settings
Nov 27, 2022 at 12:20 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 21

MhanzABON

New Head-Fier
Hi, I've finally gotten my ER2SE and they do a really good job at isulating and the double tip is comfortable enough. The only problem I encountered is the audio being way too quiet, I have to bump the audio to 100 for it to be acceptable. Is there any way to make them louder? Do I need an amplifier?
Also, looking into equalization, since I'm not savvy with Equalizer APO or sound settings in general I searched into premade ones, are there any useful resources I could go through to find anything to my likings?

Nov 27, 2022 at 12:45 PM Post #2 of 21
ER2SE are very low impedance -- 15 ohm -- which means they should run nice and loud out of virtually anything: phone, computer, portable player. Equalization sometimes drops the volume a little bit (to prevent overloading) but even so, the Etymotics should not have to be cranked up anywhere near all the way.

Here's what Etymotic says on its website: Both ER2 models, the ER2SE and ER2XR, use the same low-impedance dynamic drivers. That means they are easy to drive, and no amplifier is required.
https://www.etymotic.com/product/er2se-earphones/

Look at everything connected to the ER2SE -- music player, music streaming app, equalizer if you're using one -- to make sure some volume control setting isn't turned down somewhere. Click on system settings and any program's gear-shaped icons to make sure something didn't get set very low. If you are using Equalizer APO, take it out of the path to see if that's what is lowering the volume.

As for EQ, it's a very personal thing. I'm on Mac and Equalizer APO is Windows, so I don't know what the interface is like. But most EQ programs have sliders at various frequencies. Just try sliding them up and down and see what sounds good to you. Etymotics are famously flat -- nothing particularly emphasized or recessed -- so EQ is to adjust them to the particulars of your own hearing.

Also, just to make sure the ER2SE themselves aren't defective, try running them out of different equipment. If you're using your computer, try running them out of a phone or a radio/TV headphone jack. But I'd bet it's a software setting somewhere -- every program tries to grab the volume control.

Last edited:
Nov 27, 2022 at 2:18 PM Post #3 of 21
ER2SE are very low impedance -- 15 ohm -- which means they should run nice and loud out of virtually anything: phone, computer, portable player. Equalization sometimes drops the volume a little bit (to prevent overloading) but even so, the Etymotics should not have to be cranked up anywhere near all the way.

Here's what Etymotic says on its website: Both ER2 models, the ER2SE and ER2XR, use the same low-impedance dynamic drivers. That means they are easy to drive, and no amplifier is required.
https://www.etymotic.com/product/er2se-earphones/

Look at everything connected to the ER2SE -- music player, music streaming app, equalizer if you're using one -- to make sure some volume control setting isn't turned down somewhere. Click on system settings and any program's gear-shaped icons to make sure something didn't get set very low. If you are using Equalizer APO, take it out of the path to see if that's what is lowering the volume.

As for EQ, it's a very personal thing. I'm on Mac and Equalizer APO is Windows, so I don't know what the interface is like. But most EQ programs have sliders at various frequencies. Just try sliding them up and down and see what sounds good to you. Etymotics are famously flat -- nothing particularly emphasized or recessed -- so EQ is to adjust them to the particulars of your own hearing.

Also, just to make sure the ER2SE themselves aren't defective, try running them out of different equipment. If you're using your computer, try running them out of a phone or a radio/TV headphone jack. But I'd bet it's a software setting somewhere -- every program tries to grab the volume control.
So, I tried looking into my sound settings, everything is as up as it can. Watching a Youtube video on Edge and a movie on VLC the loudness is pretty much the same, so it's not software related. And on my smartphone they also appear to just as quiet. I then tried my pair of Salnotes Zero bumping the volume to the max and I'd say they are twice as loud, and they have >32ohm (so they should be quieter?).
Could it be the tip I'm using? They do a fine job at max volume, and it's not like I like the volume that high but it's weird

Nov 27, 2022 at 2:32 PM Post #4 of 21
Hmmm...very possible! Could it be the tips are bending inside your ear and simply closing off the nozzle? That can happen with the triple or even double flanges because they're so long and flexible. Try tips with fewer flanges or try the foamies.

Nov 27, 2022 at 5:30 PM Post #5 of 21
At 15ohms, you’d imagine those IEMs would be easy to drive, but impedance isn’t the only factor affecting how loud they will sound. According to specs, those IEMs have a sensitivity of 96 dB @ 1mv. That doesn’t sound particularly sensitive to me, and may possibly be the reason for less than expected volume levels.

By comparison, I have IEMs with an impedance of 56 ohms, which is obviously more than 15 ohms, and you may imagine they wouldn’t sound very loud. However, they have a sensitivity of 124 dB @ 1m and they get very loud, very easily.

Nov 27, 2022 at 11:00 PM Post #6 of 21
Hi, I've finally gotten my ER2SE and they do a really good job at isulating and the double tip is comfortable enough. The only problem I encountered is the audio being way too quiet, I have to bump the audio to 100 for it to be acceptable. Is there any way to make them louder? Do I need an amplifier?

While very generally you can get away without using an amp for most IEMs, in your case whatever you're plugging them into doesn't have enough power for that low sensitivity IEM,* so yeah...you'll need an amp. Might as well make it a DAC-HPamp so you can make sure the HPamp stage gets a clean, possibly 2V signal from the DAC stage.

*Low sensitivity here is just among IEMs. At 15ohms and 98dB/1mW, that Etymotic is much easier to drive than an HD650 at 300ohms, 98dB/1mW. IEMs however are another matter. My Westone2 for example is 117dB/1mW, and I've seen some independent measurements claim Westone might have measured that at a different frequency or have the mic farther from the spout because they're getting over 120dB/1mW out of it.

Also, looking into equalization, since I'm not savvy with Equalizer APO or sound settings in general I searched into premade ones, are there any useful resources I could go through to find anything to my likings?

Well...what exactly is your liking? Etymotics are about as flat as they go, followed by the Westone2 (the lower range is just a bit more elevated, some spikes here and there), everything should be relatively even and from there it comes down to either the recording or your hearing (nobody has a perfectly flat hearing response the way microphones can be closer to that because...well...they're made in a factory), plus just your preferences (ie you can hear it all but want something more emphasized).

You can start with the chart here and boost what you can't hear.
http://virtualplaying.com/interactive-frequency-chart/

What I would personally do though is just apply these using a parametric EQ based on the raw and compensated response graphs showing a rise in response just above 1000hz:
Band 1 : Low Shelf, Q=1.0, 75hz, +2dB
Band 2 : Peak, Q=0.8, 17500hz, -3dB
Band 3 : Peak, Q=0.8, 2750hz, -4dB

Not if the sensitivity is 98dB/1mW. That might be high for a headphone like the HD650, which is comparatively harder to drive since it's 300ohms, but in the case of the headphone 98dB/1mW "easy to drive," 300ohms (HD650) or 32ohms (Grado), is within the context of it being driven by desktop components. At minimum it'd probably be a soundcard for someone with a computer or an integrated amplifier.

For an IEM that's comparatively low considering you're driving it with something that may have as low as 5mW before distortion if not also noise start kicking in (ie your average smartphone). By contrast look at other IEMs:

Aurisonics ASG-1.3 = 120dB/1mW
Shure SE535 = 119dB/1mW
Westone2 = 117dB/1mW
Shure SE425 = 109dB/1mW
Fiio FD1 = 109dB/1mW
Fiio FH1S = 106dB/1mW
Nicehck DB1 = 106dB/1mW

Basically, you need ~5.66X more power to match the output level of the FH1S and DB1 at 1000hz, ~7.66X more power to match the FD1 and SE425, etc. Impedances may vary but unless you have an amplifier that will severely drop output at 32ohms (ASG-1.3) to 35ohms (SE535), it won't be a problem (not that it would be given how much higher the sensitivity on those two are). And that assumes the power doesn't drop below 32ohms or 16ohms. Just because the power drops above 32ohms doesn't mean it will keep increasing as you lower the impedance (let alone doubling as you halve the impedance).

Nov 27, 2022 at 11:11 PM Post #7 of 21
So, I tried looking into my sound settings, everything is as up as it can. Watching a Youtube video on Edge and a movie on VLC the loudness is pretty much the same, so it's not software related. And on my smartphone they also appear to just as quiet. I then tried my pair of Salnotes Zero bumping the volume to the max and I'd say they are twice as loud, and they have >32ohm (so they should be quieter?).
Could it be the tip I'm using? They do a fine job at max volume, and it's not like I like the volume that high but it's weird
The ER2SE specs(and ety is usually spot on with those), are 96dB for 1mW which suggests you could get to almost 115dB at 1kHz with just 1volt. So almost anything should be able to get that IEM near dangerous listening levels.
The specs for the salnotes Zero say 108dB/v at 1kHz, so if it's accurate(I do not know how reliable the specs from that brand are), then it's actually the ER2 that's louder by about 6dB.

As that's only data at 1kHz I checked the frequency response and they're showed as pretty similar in term of general signature except for a clear bass boost on the Zero. There is always some uncertainty because your ears aren't replicas of a measurement coupler and the way you insert them might also not be the same, but I don't know if that could explain you thinking the louder IEM is about half as quiet.

From This I have a few slightly more likely possible guesses:
1/ you're somehow judging loudness based on how the bass hits? It's not how people usually estimate loudness but failing to get a proper seal on the Ety could so all the low freqs are basically nonexistent could be one cause? If you're in a relatively quiet place, just rub your thumb against your index(money money!) near each ear without touching it, you shouldn't be able to hear that with a proper seal, so you can test the seal yourself and check if it changes anything.
2/ as suggested, you're perhaps pushing the ER2 into the second ear canal bend and blocking part of it so the sound is attenuated. Just test that by inserting like you usually do, then pull back like a millimeter and find out if somehow the sound becomes louder from it.
3/ You sound source has an amp section that just gives up on a 15ohm load. Possible but you usually end up with pretty horrible distortions instead of just a quieter sound. So I wouldn't bet on that one as I imagine you would notice garbage signal. Also you say you tried on your cellphone too, so unless you're really very unlucky, I think we can dismiss number 3/.
4/ Are those IEMs really new? Could they already have ear wax on the little dampers or inside the tips(second one would be clearly visible on inspection, but for the filters it's harder to tell)? Perhaps your ears could do with a little spray to dissolve the wax(people who use IEMs a lot often create more wax).

Beyond that, I'm not sure.

About EQ, Well until you've solved your loudness issues, forget about EQ. When you boost a given frequency, you have to lower the overall digital gain by about as much so that you don't risk clipping the signal. In general, to use EQ you need more headroom than without EQ as the amplifier section will have to compensate for the digital gain reduction.

Nov 28, 2022 at 8:09 PM Post #8 of 21
From This I have a few slightly more likely possible guesses:
1/ you're somehow judging loudness based on how the bass hits? It's not how people usually estimate loudness but failing to get a proper seal on the Ety could so all the low freqs are basically nonexistent could be one cause? If you're in a relatively quiet place, just rub your thumb against your index(money money!) near each ear without touching it, you shouldn't be able to hear that with a proper seal, so you can test the seal yourself and check if it changes anything.
2/ as suggested, you're perhaps pushing the ER2 into the second ear canal bend and blocking part of it so the sound is attenuated. Just test that by inserting like you usually do, then pull back like a millimeter and find out if somehow the sound becomes louder from it.
3/ You sound source has an amp section that just gives up on a 15ohm load. Possible but you usually end up with pretty horrible distortions instead of just a quieter sound. So I wouldn't bet on that one as I imagine you would notice garbage signal. Also you say you tried on your cellphone too, so unless you're really very unlucky, I think we can dismiss number 3/.
4/ Are those IEMs really new? Could they already have ear wax on the little dampers or inside the tips(second one would be clearly visible on inspection, but for the filters it's harder to tell)? Perhaps your ears could do with a little spray to dissolve the wax(people who use IEMs a lot often create more wax).

Beyond that, I'm not sure.

About EQ, Well until you've solved your loudness issues, forget about EQ. When you boost a given frequency, you have to lower the overall digital gain by about as much so that you don't risk clipping the signal. In general, to use EQ you need more headroom than without EQ as the amplifier section will have to compensate for the digital gain reduction.
I'll address one by one, as you were testing it yourself.
1/ I tried watching videos that explore all the ranges and I'd say it's generally quiet, these past days I've been using pretty much only the ER2SE so I had to put them in multiple times, it never changed. The seal does work since I can't even hear poeple talking near me
2/ They do actually get a bit louder when I ìpull them back, not a huge change, but still
3/ Yeah, I tested on the phone again, not that.
4/ They are brand new, not even a week. Also, I clean my ears quite frequently but I wouldn't mid a spray to prevent problems
While very generally you can get away without using an amp for most IEMs, in your case whatever you're plugging them into doesn't have enough power for that low sensitivity IEM,* so yeah...you'll need an amp. Might as well make it a DAC-HPamp so you can make sure the HPamp stage gets a clean, possibly 2V signal from the DAC stage.

*Low sensitivity here is just among IEMs. At 15ohms and 98dB/1mW, that Etymotic is much easier to drive than an HD650 at 300ohms, 98dB/1mW. IEMs however are another matter. My Westone2 for example is 117dB/1mW, and I've seen some independent measurements claim Westone might have measured that at a different frequency or have the mic farther from the spout because they're getting over 120dB/1mW out of it.
I plug my earphones into my ASUS laptop, even the speakers aren't really loud but I don't think that's relevant. Do you suggest buying a DAC amp from HP? I might buy one eventually, not right now though since I had to spend quite a bit of money recently.
Well...what exactly is your liking? Etymotics are about as flat as they go, followed by the Westone2 (the lower range is just a bit more elevated, some spikes here and there), everything should be relatively even and from there it comes down to either the recording or your hearing (nobody has a perfectly flat hearing response the way microphones can be closer to that because...well...they're made in a factory), plus just your preferences (ie you can hear it all but want something more emphasized).

You can start with the chart here and boost what you can't hear.
http://virtualplaying.com/interactive-frequency-chart/

What I would personally do though is just apply these using a parametric EQ based on the raw and compensated response graphs showing a rise in response just above 1000hz:
Band 1 : Low Shelf, Q=1.0, 75hz, +2dB
Band 2 : Peak, Q=0.8, 17500hz, -3dB
Band 3 : Peak, Q=0.8, 2750hz, -4dB

I'd say I like high mids and even treble. I think my preferences go deeper than that but I'm learning the differences between the ranged just these days I received my new two pairs of earphones. From my understanding it doesn't matter in the software which "column" I'm dealing with, I input the frequency and modify quality and gain according to my likings, right?

Nov 28, 2022 at 9:18 PM Post #9 of 21
I know people are throwing a lot of numbers at you, but the Etys should not need an amp. Etymotic itself says so.

I have the Ety 3XR, which is slightly higher sensitivity (102 vs 98) but also higher impedance (22 vs 15), and they can easily blast out of a phone or laptop.

Since the sound gets louder when you pull back, your recent thought about the tips getting in the way may well be correct. Have you tried them with the gray foam tips? Be careful taking the foams on and off; push on the rubber core and don't twist the foam, because they are annoyingly fragile. But the foams push down all the way to the end of the nozzle so they can't block it, and it would be a useful experiment. Squeeze the foam flat, insert them in your ears, and give the foam a little time to expand to make a seal.

I'm just trying my ER3XR with the Megatron DAC/Amp -- $56 US from China, probably similar in Italy.
https://www.veclan.com/engappliance_sel_one?eng_ApplianceVo.eac_id=63

It does make them louder, in case you do want to try them with an affordable DAC/amp. (The Megatron is powered from a phone or laptop by USB or USB-C, so make sure you would be able to connect to whatever you are using. There's no battery in the Megatron.) But again, you shouldn't need it to make the Etys as loud as you would ever need.

In most EQ software, the columns are frequency ranges -- lower (bass) on the left, higher (treble) on the right. A column might be the part of the range from 100-300 Hz or 2000-3000 Hz. You raise each part of the range as you prefer. The chart linked by ProtegeManiac gives you the frequency ranges for specific instruments, in case you want more guitar/piano/bass/trumpet/oboe/viola.

Last edited:
Nov 28, 2022 at 10:28 PM Post #10 of 21
I'll address one by one, as you were testing it yourself.
1/ I tried watching videos that explore all the ranges and I'd say it's generally quiet, these past days I've been using pretty much only the ER2SE so I had to put them in multiple times, it never changed. The seal does work since I can't even hear poeple talking near me
2/ They do actually get a bit louder when I ìpull them back, not a huge change, but still
3/ Yeah, I tested on the phone again, not that.
4/ They are brand new, not even a week. Also, I clean my ears quite frequently but I wouldn't mid a spray to prevent problems
Well... now we know what it's not ^_^. I wasn't very confident from the start but I couldn't think of anything else.

Nov 29, 2022 at 1:29 AM Post #11 of 21

That sounds like the the bore on the tip is getting pinched near shut when you have them inserted. That's like having someone sing right in front of you but they're wearing a foam hood or something.

Is the output otherwise loud enough for you when you pull them back? If so then just try new tips instead of an amplifier. If not, or the tip swapping doesn't work, I'd sooner try another IEM if they can fit right on their own tips or maybe some tips you tried out, figure out which one has the sound you like, and then if it doesn't have this problem but the output is still relatively weak, that's when you try out an amp.

I plug my earphones into my ASUS laptop

If you were plugging them into a phone or some office miniPC I'd totally suspect that but as much as laptop output power can vary, given the sensitivity and impedance it should still at least just get loud enough to hurt my ears. It can sound like garbage to me, but it should still hurt my ears.

I can't be sure at this point if the laptop just doesn't have enough power, or you just have a different perception of how loud it actually is playing, so right now I'd suspect the more likely culprit being that the bore on the tips gets pinched when you wear them. Try harder tips.

...even the speakers aren't really loud but I don't think that's relevant.

It might be but whether it's actually the hardware sucking or there's some weird software running, it's hard to tell. But you can start looking into the latter...however if you tested them on your phone and the output isn't that much louder it doesn't decisively eliminate whether one of them might just have insufficient power. Though I'd bet on that otherwise, your observation that they get louder when pulled out tells me that it's much more likely the tip bore is getting pinched.

There is however one possible reason for why the output seems weak. Are your laptop and phone both Nanny State market products, ie, you didn't order them from say Asus' Taiwan store or a US store, ditto the phone? Because the EU limits output on devices. It's not a problem if every earphone was a Westone or Shure with way over 110dB/1mW output, but when you're starting out with a phone audio chip that might only have 5mW and a laptop audio chip that may have 15mW but maybe more distortion, then Nanny State gives it the equivalent of making Pavarotti sing in a low oxygen environment to starve his lungs, well...

Do you suggest buying a DAC amp from HP? I might buy one eventually, not right now though since I had to spend quite a bit of money recently.

Do you mean buying some kind of docking station from Hewlett-Packard? I wouldn't buy those for audio, just for the additional ports.

If you mean buying a DAC-HPamp for a headphone, given the likelihood that the Nanny State limitation might be one problem, then I'd say it's worth a shot. But note that that "pinching" problem might still be a thing then. It'll be louder sure if you put in enough power but I personally would try other tips first and only go get a DAC-HPamp if I really can't find something else that fits right and doesn't have this problem.

I'd say I like high mids and even treble.

I'd try more tips because that's more of what Etymotic is good at, so at least try to keep the earphone you're more likely to like.

I think my preferences go deeper than that but I'm learning the differences between the ranged just these days I received my new two pairs of earphones. From my understanding it doesn't matter in the software which "column" I'm dealing with, I input the frequency and modify quality and gain according to my likings, right?

it depends on the software. In some cases if it's a parametric EQ with variable bands, each band may not have the same range of frequencies available to be its center freq. if you know anybody using Focal or DLS etc in their car and has a processor, have them show you what that looks like. For example on my Pioneer Premier (yeah it's old) Band 1 is like 30hz, 45hz, 75hz, 90hz, and 120hz.

I know people are throwing a lot of numbers at you, but the Etys should not need an amp. Etymotic itself says so.

Depends. Back in 2014 we held a local show and the Etymotic dealer brought all their stuff. All of them had to have my Snapdragon SGS3 cranked up to around 75% just to match my Aurisonics ASG-1.3 at just two steps up from silence.

Also when it comes to what power a product needs, I'm even more cynical with that after NVidia, Thermaltake, and PCPartPicker said his PSU should be fine for his 9700K and 3080 FTW3 Ultra Hybrid and even when he gets a 12700K...and he still got random shutdowns. He already doesn't use any RGB, only has three case fans (and in this case, two of those also serve as the GPU core fans) plus one CPU fan (just the middle fan on a DRP4), and he kept getting the shut downs. Out of sheer frustration I told him to just listen to GamersNexus and buy a 1200w PSU from EVGA. That actually solved the problem and now I might use his old 850W RGB power supply (I mean, RGB gets you an extra 10% FPS).

I have the Ety 3XR, which is slightly higher sensitivity (102 vs 98) but also higher impedance (22 vs 15), and they can easily blast out of a phone or laptop.

4dB/1mW will have a vastly bigger impact than going from 15ohms to 22ohms.

The first figure will reduce the power (in watts) needed by ~233%. The second at worst may reduce the power output but not by like, half or a quarter. In some cases it may even increase depending on the chip/circuit ie they produce peak power at 32ohm for example then starts reducing output as you go lower.

Since the sound gets louder when you pull back, your recent thought about the tips getting in the way may well be correct. Have you tried them with the gray foam tips? Be careful taking the foams on and off; push on the rubber core and don't twist the foam, because they are annoyingly fragile. But the foams push down all the way to the end of the nozzle so they can't block it, and it would be a useful experiment. Squeeze the foam flat, insert them in your ears, and give the foam a little time to expand to make a seal.

Ultimately, yeah, after what he just posted I suspect the tips a lot more. I'm much more inclined to try out tips on the cheap for one reason: he also sounds like he'd like Etymotic. I like mids and only need the bass to be audible, but in my case what put me off from them wasn't even how hard I had to crank up my phone, but the fit was just...I was too aware they were in my ears since they stuck outwards and can feel them like if my ear was a cliffside cave and some guy was hanging on for dear life there. By contrast other IEMs that I find comfortable are more like having a granite block over a rock hewn tomb entrance ie they just look like they fit in there and Tut can rest in peace (and only have this stuff in a museum instead of outright robbery).

Nov 29, 2022 at 10:54 AM Post #12 of 21
There is however one possible reason for why the output seems weak. Are your laptop and phone both Nanny State market products, ie, you didn't order them from say Asus' Taiwan store or a US store, ditto the phone? Because the EU limits output on devices.
Since OP is in Italy, EU volume limitations may be a possibility.

@MhanzABON, if you go into System Settings, does your laptop allow you to change regions? You could try switching to USA (or no region if that's offered). Be careful with this; there may be a limited number of region changes allowed that affect DVD playback (it should tell you if there are). But it might be worth using up one change to do the experiment.

Nov 29, 2022 at 11:09 AM Post #13 of 21
Yeah, this is pretty weird. The ER2SEs are easy to drive like the rest of the IEMs I have. I was going to say that maybe you didn't push them in enough but I attempted that and the volume was normal. I would suggest changing filters or at least testing them filterless to see if the filters are clogged, but they are new. Different cables have their own resistances but they shouldn't cause that large of a gap in volume. My guesses are (1) there is a bend in the eartips because of your ear canal shape: blocking most of the sound, (2) volume settings on devices/chain, or (3) a defective unit.

For the EU output restrictions, it is worth testing by switching to a different region like what earmonger suggested. But, I don't think that is the issue since I have never heard of a complaint like that from any EU Headfiers.

Edit: For the EQ, there should be auto-EQ on Peace APO. See if there are any uploaded EQ settings.

Last edited:
Nov 29, 2022 at 3:03 PM Post #14 of 21
Ok, to sum it up the suggestions were to try different tips and see the difference or look into regional settings on my laptop.
Trying both the foam tips and a larger dual fang tip I didn't notice any noticeable difference in volume, I made sure to use multiple audio sources like usual so I'd get that out of the way.
Instead for the power restrictions due to the regions law, I did change that in the settings. I don't think it goes beyond the standard settings here:
region settings.png

So I either need to tackle more complicated settings or that's it. The last two things I'm gonna try is using another cable as soon as it arrives, and try the earphones on my sister's laptop.

More than issue since I don't even need the volume to be THAT high, it was more than a perplexity so I won't return the earphones unless the problem gets worse. To give a more concrete example, take this OST. On the Salnotes Zero the max volume is annoyingly loud, I just wouldn't listen to that for more than 10 seconds, on the other hand with the ER2SE beside the starting part it's just pleasantly loud, nothing you wouldn't normally listen.
Regarding an amplificator, I would like to get a DAC-HPamp in the future but I'm good for now, mostly due to the recent purchases.

For the whole equalization topic instead, I lack way too much basic information to start tinkering with Peace in a useful way but your couple of clarifications on the differences between softwares and general knowledge will make a good base.
Edit: For the EQ, there should be auto-EQ on Peace APO. See if there are any uploaded EQ settings.
I did look into on Peace APO but I already picked the ones that are suggested. It's defintely a useful feature though, thanks.

I thank everyone for the brainstorming, I expected way less replies. In case the cable resolves the problem or something else I'lI edit the main post with the suggestion for anyone else that might have the same problem and finds this thread.

Last edited:
Nov 29, 2022 at 9:37 PM Post #15 of 21
The Salnotes are more sensitive -- 108dB vs. 96dB -- so that might account for the difference. As long as you're getting enough volume from the Etys to enjoy them, that's good.

I'd be surprised if a cable change makes much difference unless the original was defective. But usually a defective cable would give you no sound, interruptions or static, not reduced volume. But this one's a mystery....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back