Major zen vision m letdown
Sep 26, 2006 at 11:25 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 12

jamesm7485

Head-Fier
well spent all the time reburning all 1500 of my songs to 320 kbps in media player only to find out that when i sychronize them to the player they get dumbed down to 192 kbps! Is there any way to stop this? Also do the new ipods support 320 kbps cause if so i think im willing to take a loss on getting one of those.

Am i just being a whiny bi**h over something that i cant eve tell the difference on?

Sep 26, 2006 at 11:31 PM Post #2 of 12
The iPod has always supported 320kbps, it also supports Apple Lossless, and most other formats (if using Rockbox).

Sep 26, 2006 at 11:36 PM Post #3 of 12
Quote:

Originally Posted by jamesm7485
well spent all the time reburning all 1500 of my songs to 320 kbps in media player only to find out that when i sychronize them to the player they get dumbed down to 192 kbps! Is there any way to stop this? Also do the new ipods support 320 kbps cause if so i think im willing to take a loss on getting one of those.

Am i just being a whiny bi**h over something that i cant eve tell the difference on?

wow. i didn't know that. especially of all the talk of the ZV:M being better than the 5G iPod. i wonder if there is any way around this? is there rockbox for the ZV:M?

Sep 26, 2006 at 11:38 PM Post #4 of 12
Don't use Windows Media Player. Just go to My Computer, and drag and drop your music there. Or use Mediamonkey or Winamp, they work just fine.

EDIT: This is not the Zen Vision: M's fault, but rather WMP. If you go into sync settings, you can set if you want WMP to automatically down-convert all your music.

Sep 26, 2006 at 11:55 PM Post #6 of 12
got it to work using the software that came with it sorry for my ranting its been a long day with school

Sep 27, 2006 at 12:10 AM Post #7 of 12
Drag and drop is the best method. 320 is the highest unfortunately (being that I have a lot of .mp3s at 360)

Sep 27, 2006 at 2:39 AM Post #9 of 12
Quote:

Originally Posted by lumanogin
FYI, the V:M just dropped to $249 new. Probably to stay in line with the ipods.

I'm seeing them more and more on campus lately.

Would you reccomend it over the iPod 5G? The 320kbps limit that big a deal?

Sep 27, 2006 at 3:57 AM Post #11 of 12
Quote:

Originally Posted by wzc89
Would you reccomend it over the iPod 5G? The 320kbps limit that big a deal?

I personally find the Vision M a lot heavier and bulkier but overall nicer looks. Ipod everybody knows. I do not like that fact. The feauture set on Vision M is a lot better than iPod. The interface is nice too on the Vision M. But keep in mind... ipod is rockboxable (linux) which means freedom of choice when it comes to graphics/GUI. To SQ i cannot say much, never heard them, only saw them in action. OGG/FLAC is better than mp3, which the rockboxed ipod can play.

Sep 27, 2006 at 12:47 PM Post #12 of 12
If you go to the options menu on your WMP, you can set so it will not convert your music to 192kbps. Personally I've been using the Zen Vision:m for a while and all of my music is @ 320kbps, without any problem. If you choose to click and drag the files like, the posted here, you will not get the album arrt on your Zen. If you use WMP, it will also transfer the album art.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back