Mainstream music and Audiophiles
Jul 17, 2013 at 4:14 PM Post #16 of 19
I decided to stop listening to mainstream music even when the media makes it a little difficult to do. I recently found an online radio station that plays non-mainstream music and I´m having a great time getting to know new high quality artists from all over the world and the best thing is that it has no ads bothering my ears :) I really really want to recommend www.earbits.com to the non-mainstream music lovers. 

Jul 17, 2013 at 8:06 PM Post #18 of 19
I can proudly say I've never really enjoyed mainstream music, despite being surrounded by 'mainstream music listeners' all my life, so I basically didn't have any music taste 'till my teens. I did have a small period at around age 13-14 where I kinda developed my own tastes and started out by listening to Green Day, Linkin Park and eventually Disturbed, though, which are pretty mainstream. But fast forward we were talking heavy metal and other sub-genres.

Jul 17, 2013 at 8:44 PM Post #19 of 19
I'm using a stax sr007 setup and it's almost always obvious within the first 15 seconds of a song starting whether it was made well or not.
Most pop albums I try really put me off. Very heavily EQed and after listening to music with a lot of real instruments, the EQed samples used are usually easily identified and put me off.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back