Magnum Dynalab SR-100 Silver Ribbon Tunable FM Antenna
Feb 8, 2010 at 2:54 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

Welly Wu

Headphoneus Supremus
FM Antennas - SR-100 - Silver Ribbon Tunable FM and HDTV Antenna

I have a Resolution Audio Opus 21 Xtra Sources box which features both AM and FM tuning capability. Currently, I am using an inexpensive FM dipole antenna and I am hearing a lot of multi-path interference, signal fading, signal loss, and interference along with cross mixing of channels with the FM dipole antenna. I am interested in buying this Magnum Dynalab SR-100 Silver Ribbon Tunable FM Antenna, but I want to know if anyone here at Head-Fi owns one and your opinions. Thank you.

Feb 9, 2010 at 3:09 AM Post #2 of 7
I had one on my FM tuner, the reception did improve. However it was still poor since my condo faces away from the city (faces the Atlantic Ocean) and the reception is pretty bad regardless of the tuner I use. Can you use their other antenna (outside).

Feb 12, 2010 at 5:41 AM Post #3 of 7
MrArroyo

I can not go with the Magnum Dynalab ST-2 which is the 54" indoor and outdoor whip antenna because it is more than my budget and physical space considerations will permit. My apartment receives pretty decent FM reception, but I want something that will improve upon it and the SR-100 seems to fit the bill nicely for only $35 USD.

Audio Connection has it in stock and I can pick it up the next time I show up for work. Perhaps I can get it at dealer's cost too.

Feb 14, 2010 at 6:20 AM Post #5 of 7
Is there any chance you could use an outdoor antenna on your roof? Those are, by far, the best. I haven't looked for awhile, but Radio Shack used to sell a FM Yagi for $30 or so that was pretty good. If you can get an antenna up outside, it will completely outperform anything you can have inside. You can even DIY an antenna for $20 or so with a few tools and no experience if you want. Poke around the amateur radio sites and you'll find many plans.

Feb 18, 2010 at 4:10 AM Post #7 of 7
I bought one of those probably 15 years ago. I was neither impressed with it nor really unhappy with it. I only used it for a year or two and then sold the tuner/preamp I was using it with and went to an integrated amp. It's okay and it worked fine and it's better than having a wire hanging out the back of your stereo but it isn't as good as a proper outdoor antenna.

I'm not much help but up here we don't have all the radio stations competing with each other for airwave space and there isn't a population/building density problem where I was living at the time so I didn't test it for those things.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back