Magni/Modi vs Fulla?
Dec 12, 2014 at 11:36 AM Post #6 of 10
My understanding of preamplification is relatively limited, but what I am proposing is using the fulla as a dac and pre amp to the magni which can actually power my DT880 600Ohm. I did already try this briefly (for about 30 minutes) and everything ran smoothly and the sound was so sweet.

Dec 13, 2014 at 4:31 PM Post #7 of 10
Up to you, I think I read that the modi and fulla use the same essential guts.  But you don't need to pre amp the magni for those headphones.

http://www.audiobot9000.com/match/beyerdynamic/dt-880-600-ohms/with/schiit/magni

Dec 14, 2014 at 1:57 PM Post #8 of 10
Sorry if that was confusing. What I was saying since the fulla and magni are essentially the same guts, using the fulla as my dac and then only pre amping because you have to not that my cans needed the extra juice. My question is can you use the fulla to preamp. Does the fulla amp need to contain the feature to preamp specifically? Will using the fulla in these way be dangerous to my magni or 880s?

Dec 14, 2014 at 2:29 PM Post #9 of 10
I don't know enough about the subject matter to give you a good answer sir.  And it seems I'm the only one reading this :p You may be out of luck, at least in this thread.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back