Magni as preamp for powered speakers?
Dec 29, 2017 at 2:15 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

Jlava

Head-Fier
Hi, I have a pair of powered speakers but I am not sure what to buy to help with the volume control. I heard the magni 3 can be used as a preamp? I was thinking of buying the magni/modi to be able to control the audio and use the headphone amp in it as well. My question is if magni can be used on speakers. I only see a pair of input RCA connectors on it thought, doesn't it need 2 pairs. 2 from each speakers? Need help figuring out what I need. Speakers are jbl lsr305s.

Dec 29, 2017 at 2:33 PM Post #2 of 3
The Magni 3 has RCA ins and outs,so yes it can be used to drive powered speakers.

Dec 29, 2017 at 10:28 PM Post #3 of 3
Hi, I have a pair of powered speakers but I am not sure what to buy to help with the volume control. I heard the magni 3 can be used as a preamp? I was thinking of buying the magni/modi to be able to control the audio and use the headphone amp in it as well. My question is if magni can be used on speakers. I only see a pair of input RCA connectors on it thought, doesn't it need 2 pairs. 2 from each speakers? Need help figuring out what I need. Speakers are jbl lsr305s.

Uh....what? RCA is Left and Right. Stereo peakers are Left and Right. Why would you need four? Are you confusing them with passive speakers that take + and - from an amplifier? Powered speakers have that too...inside the cabinet.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back