Magni 2 wont work. Light doesn't light up?
Oct 18, 2017 at 10:21 PM Post #16 of 21
Did you flip the correct switch in the back?
Theres a gain switch as well as a power switch.

Oct 19, 2017 at 12:04 AM Post #17 of 21
the power adapter is plugged in

If you bought it new, send it back and get it diagnosed and/or replaced.

If you bought it used, check the markings on the AC adapter. It might look like what comes with the Magni but the specs might be different. For one, the Magni has to take in AC power from the power brick, unlike most amps that have their power bricks outputting DC.

Oct 19, 2017 at 6:15 AM Post #18 of 21
If you bought it new, send it back and get it diagnosed and/or replaced.

If you bought it used, check the markings on the AC adapter. It might look like what comes with the Magni but the specs might be different. For one, the Magni has to take in AC power from the power brick, unlike most amps that have their power bricks outputting DC.

The markings say: MODEL:YP-088
INPUT:120VAC/60Hz
OUTPUT:16VAC/500mA/8.0W

Oct 19, 2017 at 10:21 AM Post #20 of 21
That looks like the original. Now you'll need to figure out whether the adapter is what's faulty or the amp. You'll need to borrow a multimeter and check if the adapter is outputting any power. If it is, then the Magni's busted.

I dont h ave a multimeter but the guy i bought it from on ebay is offering me a refund. it might have been handled too roughly by the post office/mailman? dont think he would sell me a broken amp & offer me my money back

Oct 19, 2017 at 1:51 PM Post #21 of 21
I dont h ave a multimeter but the guy i bought it from on ebay is offering me a refund. it might have been handled too roughly by the post office/mailman? dont think he would sell me a broken amp & offer me my money back

Possible that it was dropped and something came loose. Not enough to audibly rattle but the connection to the board could have still been severed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back