Magnat LZR series
Sep 5, 2015 at 1:01 PM Post #16 of 32
Tx for your info (again!). Will look into the amp's you've mentioned.

I think I don't need a DAC since the one in the iPhone (and I suppose MacBook also?) are told to be okay.

So maybe the e12 is good for me.

Not many people in holland seem to use an amp. So there aren't many shops and also used ones are almost impossible to find :frowning2:

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk

Oct 22, 2015 at 10:30 PM Post #17 of 32
The lzr980 are on sale again on touch of modern. They are $200. I think they are worth it. They sound great. They don't hold up well though. The covering on the top headband came off as well as the covering on the earpads. I had to glue them back on

Oct 1, 2016 at 2:32 AM Post #18 of 32
Just orderd the 980 for 90usd...pretty good deal since they sell for 400 in Sweden. Or they probably didn't sell any of these at all..looks like a nice set of cans..German Amazon reviews are positive through out the model range.

Oct 1, 2016 at 2:58 PM Post #19 of 32
For $90 you got a phone that in my opinion is just as good if not better than the hd650, k712 pro, shure 1540, and fidelio x2. I have all 4 and have compared them all. The magnats 980's are that good.

Oct 2, 2016 at 2:05 PM Post #20 of 32
For $90 you got a phone that in my opinion is just as good if not better than the hd650, k712 pro, shure 1540, and fidelio x2. I have all 4 and have compared them all. The magnats 980's are that good.

Let's see how they sound compared to my all time favorite headphone,the dt 150..I also have the psb m4u2 on the way..bout the same price and in the same "high end portable" market,could be an interesting comparison :)

Oct 4, 2016 at 3:50 PM Post #22 of 32
Postman delivered the LZR 980 and the PSB M4U2 today...

980 wins on the looks department, also they are much lighter . PSB sits better on my head though. 

So far i like the extra resolution from the 980 the best. I tend to like brighter headphones better in the long run, however the PSB is a bit more musical and it´s not far behind in the clarity either. 

Oct 11, 2016 at 9:40 AM Post #23 of 32
Magnat lzr980 are for sale on Touch of Modern for $179. Not a bad price for a really good phone. Sound is top notch. The only issue to me is fit. They fit weird and it takes a while to get used to how to wear them.

Oct 24, 2016 at 9:05 AM Post #24 of 32
I got sent the LZR 580 and 588 BT along wit thte 540 iem...Really like the 580 although the build is rather bland. 588BT has to much bass for my taste but its a solid bluetooth headphone with apt-X. The 540 is for pure bassheads only, loooooads of bass! 

Nov 7, 2017 at 10:18 AM Post #25 of 32
Received an LZR980 today.
I'm not overly surprised with the average build quality, but a little disappointed. I feel the headband especially could have been thought out better.
I am quite disappointed with the very heavy clamping force which is not that uncomfortable, but sadly there aren't any metal parts I can bend on this to alleviate the pressure.

However, I am more than satisfied with the excellent sound.
If it weren't for the weird comfort issue, these would undoubtedly be selling like hotcakes.
Which is too bad, since these seem to sound better than most of the overpriced fashion and boutique closed back headphones I've heard.

Here's some eye-candy I whipped up.

_DSC9194.jpg _DSC9197.jpg _DSC9198.jpg _DSC9204msml.jpg _DSC9205.jpg

Nov 7, 2017 at 11:16 AM Post #26 of 32
Received an LZR980 today.
I'm not overly surprised with the average build quality, but a little disappointed. I feel the headband especially could have been thought out better.
I am quite disappointed with the very heavy clamping force which is not that uncomfortable, but sadly there aren't any metal parts I can bend on this to alleviate the pressure.

However, I am more than satisfied with the excellent sound.
If it weren't for the weird comfort issue, these would undoubtedly be selling like hotcakes.
Which is too bad, since these seem to sound better than most of the overpriced fashion and boutique closed back headphones I've heard.

Here's some eye-candy I whipped up.

Just to let you know, they don’t hold up too well. The fabric came off of the foam on the headband on mine, as well as the ear pad. I had to glue it back onto my ear pad. I just totally removed it off the headband. It’s like they were stretched on too tight.

Nov 7, 2017 at 11:57 AM Post #28 of 32
I'll be careful then. Although I usually do pamper all my headphones like they were delicate ceramics, so hopefully I'll get some decent mileage out of them.
Still sound great though
For sure... just took them out for a walk and I'm very impressed with the isolation and overall sound quality. It's definitely up there with my favourites already.

Nov 7, 2017 at 1:14 PM Post #30 of 32
Yup.. normally I like to wear all my headphones further back on my head over the 'crown' of the head, but the design of these forces me to use them more in the 'middle', between the crown and the hair-line.
I'm not a fan of the fit either.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back