Magical thinking
Oct 28, 2015 at 10:21 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

music4cities

New Head-Fier
I got some useful advice on cans from this site but then I opened the cables sub forum and my head exploded because I had not reached operating thetan level 13 and the galactic overlord Tom Travolta used telekinetic force powers. I was not ready for the truth! And was thus duly warned because I disagreed premise of a couple postings on audiophile USB cables and was warned that no dissent is allowed. Or reason. Kind of depressing. Not so much because I have a problem with some cats having a cable fetish but because it suggest how pervasive such thinking is about subjects of more significant import.

http://www.head-fi.org/t/780733/anticables-level-3-1-reference-series-usb-cable#post_12030302

Oct 28, 2015 at 5:00 PM Post #4 of 9
headfi has several microcosms with different laws, be it to define reality, or to interact with others. but everywhere, if someone feels offended by what you wrote, you lose. and that's really it mostly. TOS are pretty clear about the need to show respect(deserved or not).
still the cable section can't be said to be famous for it's overall objectivity
ph34r.gif
, I personally just stopped reading it, because I couldn't let some really false claims go, but I would always look like I was the one trying to get into a fight.
you might want to stick around sound science sub forum if you have a thing for trying to get evidence. we can talk about cables too, although it doesn't take too long to know about the general consensus around here. the catch is that you still have to try not to offend others. and sarcasm is a double edge sword.
wink_face.gif

Oct 28, 2015 at 6:13 PM Post #5 of 9
I got some useful advice on cans from this site but then I opened the cables sub forum and my head exploded because I had not reached operating thetan level 13 and the galactic overlord Tom Travolta used telekinetic force powers. I was not ready for the truth! And was thus duly warned because I disagreed premise of a couple postings on audiophile USB cables and was warned that no dissent is allowed. Or reason. Kind of depressing. Not so much because I have a problem with some cats having a cable fetish but because it suggest how pervasive such thinking is about subjects of more significant import.

http://www.head-fi.org/t/780733/anticables-level-3-1-reference-series-usb-cable#post_12030302

Hearing in sighted evaluation is always subjective and there is no way that you can convince anyone that only your impression is correct or that they are incorrect for that matter. A lot of people argue about exactly this point and it gets no one anywhere but the thread derailed into personal attacks that usually end with some or more post deleted and members banned.

You were going down the exact same route
wink.gif
. If people spent disposable income on cable and think they can hear a positive effect of their new gadget, so be it. Relax, let them have fun. You don't have to follow their example, you don't have to buy the same product. Great if you are happy with $5 to 10 cable. If the other member really annoys the heck out of you, just press the ignore button and take a deep breath.
Cheers
beerchug.gif

Oct 30, 2015 at 2:00 PM Post #9 of 9
  headfi has several microcosms with different laws, be it to define reality, or to interact with others. but everywhere, if someone feels offended by what you wrote, you lose. and that's really it mostly. TOS are pretty clear about the need to show respect(deserved or not).
still the cable section can't be said to be famous for it's overall objectivity
ph34r.gif
, I personally just stopped reading it, because I couldn't let some really false claims go, but I would always look like I was the one trying to get into a fight.
you might want to stick around sound science sub forum if you have a thing for trying to get evidence. we can talk about cables too, although it doesn't take too long to know about the general consensus around here. the catch is that you still have to try not to offend others. and sarcasm is a double edge sword.
wink_face.gif

Is there any recourse for someone that takes offense to someone offensively taking offense to something perceived as offensive. 
confused.gif

Isn't moderating a blast?  And I was only kidding above.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back