Magaosi X3 Impressions Thread
Apr 18, 2018 at 2:55 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 20

manukmanohar

100+ Head-Fier
Thought I would make this thread, to have a focused discussion on this new IEM from Magaosi (3 knowles balanced armatures).

Key Highlights:
  • 25db sound insulation, creating comfortable personal music space ,
  • Unique frequency-division technology
  • Imported resin material and handmade cavity
Specification:
  • Driver: 3 Balanced Armatures (Knowles 22955, 29689, 33518)
  • Impedance: 21ohm
  • Frequency response: 20 Hz-20000 Hz
  • Sensitivity: 118db
  • Distortion:≤1%
  • L&R channel balance sensitivity:≤2db
  • Max input power : 10mw
  • Cable Length: 120cm
  • Wire material: copper and silver-plated mixed cable
  • Connector: MMCX
  • Plug: 3.5mm gold-plated
  • Cable Length: 1.2M
For purchase:
Finally, I was able to purchase this IEM, thanks to Penon Audio.
https://penonaudio.com/magaosi-x3.html

A few pictures:

X3.PNG

X3-1.PNG

Last edited:
Apr 18, 2018 at 9:54 PM Post #2 of 20
X3 is definitely worth if you haven't got K5. To me, the fine tune of X3 suits me well: better bass (slightly, but it's there), it sounds more coherent than K5 (which bass is almost missing).

And the current price of x3 consists of additional IEM, taking out of that, I think both have the same price.

Apr 24, 2018 at 4:14 AM Post #4 of 20
hi, i never in my life tried the Magaosi and i heard alot of gd review about it next to LZ A4, LZA5, and LZ Big dipper, but im not fan of changing filter.... back to our current topic... what should i get from magaosi flagships?
thx! :)

Apr 29, 2018 at 3:02 PM Post #6 of 20
X3 is definitely worth if you haven't got K5. To me, the fine tune of X3 suits me well: better bass (slightly, but it's there), it sounds more coherent than K5 (which bass is almost missing).

And the current price of x3 consists of additional IEM, taking out of that, I think both have the same price.

My X3 has reached customs. So I should be hopefully be receiving it by this week :)

BTW, got the chance to hear K5, a very mid-focussed earphones, with good fit (with spinfit tips), and amazing cables, and build quality (compared to the K3 Pro). I felt the sub-bass to be missing when trying with my smartphone (OP5), but after changing the source, found it have more than sufficient bass (very good slam, and definitely not neutral). Has got amazing mids, but found there to be some treble roll-off.

Hopefully, once I get my Magaosi X3, I can post my impressions on how it fares vs K5.

Last edited:
May 12, 2018 at 2:42 AM Post #8 of 20
Just wanted to post an update. Couldn't post my initial impressions. But, now I have been having the IEM for over a week now. Initial impressions were that it was very dark for my taste (reminded me of a poorly amped HD650, but with much better bass reproduction), but after some tips change and possibly "brain burn in", it has considerably improved.

First thing i found was, tips seems to drastically alter the sound. With my typically reliable jvc spiral dots, it really opens up the sound - especially in the upper mids and treble, but there is a significant roll-off in sub-bass and even some mid-bass. The best compromise fit for me was either Spinfit medium tips or spintfit dual blade (this was the first IEM where this tip worked for me). It isolated very very well with spintfit dual blade, which means I can keep lower volumes, however it is not as comfortable.

So, I'm sticking with spinfit medium tips (and will give symbio W tips a try) when they come.

The resulting sound signature is still slightly dark, in the sense that treble is not very airy, but is very smooth and easy to listen to. Past couple of days, I have been listening to it, with a portable dac-amp (LHL Geekout V2+ in SE mode), and i should note that despite the IEM being pretty sensitive, there is no hiss. With Geekout V2+, the treble becomes even airier, soundstage becomes wider.

How it compares with Other IEMs:
Magaosi K5, i think had a slightly larger soundstage, and has more lush vocals (being mid forward). However, X3 in my ears, seems to extend much better in bass, and slightly better in treble, while having neutral mids. Bass is very very fast (decay is very fast in general) compared to K5.

Based on my experience, I think I would rate it higher than similar priced IEMs such as MEE Pinnacle P1, Simgot EN700 Pro (both from memory a while ago, as I don't have any to do direct comparisons), Magaosi K5, RHA t10/t20i, Fidue A73.

In terms of isolation, only Magaosi K5 which has a similar shape comes close.

Last edited:
May 12, 2018 at 5:19 AM Post #10 of 20
That could be the case. I have a slightly eqed HE-560, that i use ata home. (I've heard some people state it as near neutral with somewhat drier mids and a bit of sparkle at the top).

But, despite that X3 is very very impressive, and i find it great for listening when on the go.

cph8s6V.jpg

WFY25S2.jpg

Last edited:
May 16, 2018 at 12:18 AM Post #13 of 20
How do these compare to the Dunu Falcon C & Oriveti New Primacy with a Effect audio Ares ii cable and spinfits?

Unfortunately had very little time with Dunu Falcon C (had tried during a meetup, the only thing I remember is that the IEMs which I liked most that day in the 100-200 USD range were Magaosi K5 and Simgot EN700 Pro).
And I have not tried Oriveti New Primacy.

Perhaps, @dhruvmeena96 may have tried it.

Last edited:
May 16, 2018 at 12:26 AM Post #15 of 20
Unfortunately had very little time with Dunu Falcon C (had tried during a meetup, the only thing I remember is that the IEMs which I liked most that day in the 100-200 USD range were Magaosi K5 and Simgot EN700 Pro).
And I have not tried Oriveti New Primacy.

Perhaps, @dhruvmeena96 may have tried it.
How is the clarity, timbre, transparency and detail retrieval compared to iems much more of the price of the X3? I enjoy the Oriveti New Primacy more than the CA Lyra ii :). Very curious how the X3 compare haha. Maybe the Effect Audio Ares ii will bring mids and treble up a bit

Users who are viewing this thread

Back