Magaosi K3 PRO impressions and discussions thread.
Jun 27, 2017 at 12:58 AM Post #871 of 948
This is probably going to be a very dumb question, but, as I continually go to iems/hps I like more tonality/prat/presentation wise, just like everyone I wonder what else is out there at a much higher price tag. I feel as if the k3pro w black filter and large foams is a great fit for me tonality and prat wise, if just the mids were a tad more forward, and obviously if I'm spending more money, better resolution/clarity/Soundstage blah blah blah. So here we go, anyone heard the campfire andromeda? I have never spent more than 400 bucks per item, here at head fi, but for some reason, these k3pro have me thinking iems are my preferred listening over full size due to my regular listeni by situations. That is a large price difference, 900 dollars, I wonder if it's reaaaaally worth it.

Andromeda is like "buy and forget all" type of IEMs. It is a very good all-rounder tonality wise with TOTL level technicalities. You will never hear something emphasized unless it is emphasized in the recording. Also means terrible recordings will sound terrible. However, despite positive aspects, impedance matching may be a pain and it is pretty sensitive. That's why you must be prepared to spend some more on dac/amp, cable, accessories like IEMatch etc. If you can get everything right for your taste, it can sound really engaging.

Jun 27, 2017 at 4:33 PM Post #872 of 948
Just a general question, I'm think going to sell mine, what is a good price seeing as the k3 hd is now out or soon to be out? I believe I paid 98 all together. Only reason for selling is I am just too curious about the Sony xba z5, and I would rather keep my triples as for some reason they're more fun to listen to even though they're technically out done by the k3pro. I listen at work too often and can't critically listen, and the 1more is just better fitting for that. My havi b3 is actually best fit but they've been stolen by my significant other.

Personally, I think $75 shipped CONUS is a fair price for both parties.

Jun 28, 2017 at 4:58 AM Post #873 of 948
So I thought I would post a follow up to my initial unimpressed thoughts.

I decided to try these balanced from my desktop amp and they completely opened up in the mids.
I'm guessing the v shape people are experiencing is due to either lack of power or bad pairing with source because these sound like a completely different pair of iems now.

Jun 29, 2017 at 11:01 AM Post #874 of 948
Can someone recommend me a decent Bluetooth MMCX cable that won't make a huge difference in SQ compared to the regular K3 Pro cables? There are plenty in Aliexpress, but have no idea which one to buy...

I could order a $10 one just to try it out, but am almost certain that I'll hear a difference in SQ - https://www.aliexpress.com/item/New...-MMCX-upgrad-cable-For-Shure/32797103062.html

Penon are selling several, but the reviews are not that good (although not many) - http://penonaudio.com/index.php?route=product/search&search=mmcx bluetooth

There's a new one by Tennmak as well - https://www.aliexpress.com/store/pr...32820139923.html?spm=2114.12010615.0.0.fGkWlN

Thanks !

Last edited:
Jun 29, 2017 at 2:10 PM Post #875 of 948
Can someone recommend me a decent Bluetooth MMCX cable that won't make a huge difference in SQ compared to the regular K3 Pro cables? There are plenty in Aliexpress, but have no idea which one to buy...

I could order a $10 one just to try it out, but am almost certain that I'll hear a difference in SQ - https://www.aliexpress.com/item/New...-MMCX-upgrad-cable-For-Shure/32797103062.html

Penon are selling several, but the reviews are not that good (although not many) - http://penonaudio.com/index.php?route=product/search&search=mmcx bluetooth

There's a new one by Tennmak as well - https://www.aliexpress.com/store/pr...32820139923.html?spm=2114.12010615.0.0.fGkWlN

Thanks !

I don't have any experience with any of the 3 you posted. But if I had to pick 1 I would go with either the Tenmark or the more expensive Penon one.

They both use the CSR 8645 chip, which is a good chip. They both support aptX (good if you have an android or other device that utilizes aptX). And they both have (2) control box things (1 likely has the battery and the other the control circuitry).

Having a control box on each side should make it feel much more balanced on your head, which is a common complaint on most bluetooth cables like this (the lopsided feeling of having a single control box, which can even cause the earphone to pop out on that side due to the weight). Be aware that some of those listening time specs are exaggerated, especially with some of the cheapy cables. I'm more apt to believe the Tenmark/more expensive Penon's stated times, because having the circuitry in 1 box allows the largest possible battery in the other one. When everything is crammed in the same control box, common sense would dictate that there has to be a smaller battery to physically fit.

But again, these are just my opinions based on (educated) assumptions.

Jul 2, 2017 at 3:56 AM Post #878 of 948
Just thought of posting here also..
Guys whosoever looking for purchase from aliexpress. One seller is giving 10% discount on everything in his store for limited period of time. You just have to like and share his Facebook page and then send him screenshot of the same on aliexpress chat.
Link of store:
https://m.aliexpress.com/store/1213684?trace=store2mobilestoreNew#/
You can search his page on Facebook as yaoyaotiger Hifi.
This is working as of now.. Just did a purchase. Not sure when it'll stop.

Jul 16, 2017 at 7:59 PM Post #880 of 948
Can anyone suggest an upgrade cable for K3 Pro?
I feel with silver stock cable we will loss some sub-bass. I am using a copper silver mixed cable now and I feel the sound is thicker and wider, especially sub- bass is great.
I have no idea with pure silver cable. Can anyone comment something?

Jul 17, 2017 at 3:35 AM Post #881 of 948
Can anyone suggest an upgrade cable for K3 Pro?
I feel with silver stock cable we will loss some sub-bass. I am using a copper silver mixed cable now and I feel the sound is thicker and wider, especially sub- bass is great.
I have no idea with pure silver cable. Can anyone comment something?
From my experience with full size headphone cables - OCC ("single crystal") and litz cable topology is the way to go.

Materials (copper/silver) do make, IMO smaller audible differences. OCC silver cables are marginally "more clear" than OCC copper ones, but they are in the same league. Compared to them "standard" OFC copper cables are "veiled" and "standard" silver cables are "zingy".

...I've ordered 8-wire 7N OCC copper MMCX cable for my K3 Pro. Will report back once I've "heard" them.

Jul 21, 2017 at 11:37 AM Post #884 of 948
Do the more recent K3 Pros have better build quality/quality control or is it still hit and miss?

I can't speak for the cables, but if you check back a few pages the owner himself stated that (at least) the 'nozzle falling off' problem has been corrected. If you search this thread you'll find it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back