Magaosi K3 PRO impressions and discussions thread.
Apr 2, 2017 at 11:38 AM Post #301 of 948
LOL unless I am a Bat. Hilarious
I am still confused if there is now a second version of the K3Pro.  I am receiving my mine from Penon Audio on tuesday.

Home theatre subs can make you feel it, I love that.  The wife not so much

yeah, that's what she said...

Apr 2, 2017 at 11:56 AM Post #302 of 948
cool.gif
Neal, I just went to Penon Audio and Checked. They offer BOTH color options. If you click on Silver nothing Changes not price nor specs. Just as I suspect that HD is a Package Marketing strategy NOT a different model, just as my Contacts at Ali told me.

beerchug.gif
beerchug.gif
TWIN

Apr 2, 2017 at 11:59 AM Post #303 of 948
yeah, that's what she said...

Yes. Those Vixens ALL love it deep.... When it comes to SUBS, size matters.....

WHAT????

very_evil_smiley.gif
very_evil_smiley.gif
TWIN

Apr 2, 2017 at 12:16 PM Post #304 of 948
Hey guys, just had a chat with the guys over at Magaosi, 

The difference with the HD over the pros is that the HD is tuned by the hongkong engineers to be clearer than the pros. Not sure what he is trying to say but here is quoting him in mandarin: "hd版本是專為香港某一代理做的調音,比較偏向清晰"

Hope this helps you guys out.

Apr 2, 2017 at 12:25 PM Post #305 of 948

The difference with the HD over the pros is that the HD is tuned by the hongkong engineers to be clearer than the pros. Not sure what he is trying to say but here is quoting him in mandarin: "hd版本是專為香港某一代理做的調音,比較偏向清晰"

Holy crap so there is a third option now these. Dang they change way too fast and confusing

I literally just ordered the gray color. I guess Silver will have s new version soon?
Maybe this is why the cost dropped ?
HD is tuned to be clearer, huh.
The problem here is there is no way to follow some of these Chinese makers and if they change this fast, makes me more cautious to buy from them.

I understand wanting to improve the product but as a consumer I had no way knowing new changes might be in the offering. Oh well at least I did not spend a lot.

Apr 2, 2017 at 12:59 PM Post #306 of 948
Yeah perhaps if one is fluent in mandarin, conversing with them will be a good idea if there are future products releasing soon.

I guess its just the tinge of regret that you should have waited awhile longer but i believe you will be satisfied with your purchase. The HD's may be clearer but it might be too much for you? So instead of chasing just be satisfied bro.

but well, being head-fi members we dont come here to just buy one do we? HAHA

Apr 2, 2017 at 1:01 PM Post #307 of 948
You have any experience with the Dunu DN-2000j clear? I lost mine, but if I could have fixed two things I would have added a bit more bass slam and slightly soften the treble. If the K3s are that similar to the AKG K3003i, which the 2000j was also trying to emulate, the Pro seems most likely to fit that signature.

Apr 2, 2017 at 2:59 PM Post #308 of 948

I hope nobody ordered from this link.  The seller is POS.  I ordered fake IE800's from him and the second time I used them I had one channel cutting out.  Turns out the problem is the extension cable.  So I message him and he won't do anything and it's beyond the dispute period.  He listed it with a 1 year warranty but won't honor it.  Now he's totally gone from Aliexpress.  

Which seller? The link is dead.

Apr 2, 2017 at 4:29 PM Post #310 of 948
You have any experience with the Dunu DN-2000j clear? I lost mine, but if I could have fixed two things I would have added a bit more bass slam and slightly soften the treble. If the K3s are that similar to the AKG K3003i, which the 2000j was also trying to emulate, the Pro seems most likely to fit that signature.

Yup, you are definitely right.....the PRO's are less aggressive as well.

+1 On the K3 HD, the treble is definitely more extended, while keeping brighter MID frequencies to a safe level, but only when using the "silver tuning nozzles" that's included, not the black nozzles. Sub-bass/bass with overall details sounds more linear giving it a sense of overall expanded resolution towards both ends of the spectrum. The K3 HD, in my opinion, is the only one out of the three that could perform this feet by far. But remember, since I have all three, this is has been my own personal opinion and experience, so others may differ.

Apr 3, 2017 at 6:54 PM Post #311 of 948
Just got mine. I switched to the silver nozzles the dark gray lack too much low end for my ears.

Did anyone do burn-in. The manufacturer recommends 100 hrs,less than 8 at a time with 1 hr of rest. They suggest just music list. Not white or pink noise

Very different beast than the A4(I love black back and pink front filters)
Much lighter than the A4 and the shape for my right ear is great not as great for my left ear. (Weird)
The cables are light with interesting self adaptive memory. The best memory cable I have come across but not a huge fan yet of the memory cable.

My initial feel is they lack the engaging and liveliness of the music I get with the A4. I have used them less than an hour and the DD is not broken in to be fair.
I guess I like a bit more punch from the low end? Hmm that surprises me. Maybe I just need to get used to the different sound it provides.
The bass is controlled and tight. Maybe that's better?

Apr 3, 2017 at 7:12 PM Post #312 of 948
Just got mine. I switched to the silver nozzles the dark gray lack too much low end for my ears.

Did anyone do burn-in. The manufacturer recommends 100 hrs,less than 8 at a time with 1 hr of rest. They suggest just music list. Not white or pink noise

Much lighter than the A4 and the shape for my right ear is great not as great for my left ear. (Weird)
The cables are light with interesting self adaptive memory. The best memory cable I have come across but not a huge fan yet of the memory cable.

My initial feel is they lack the engaging and liveliness of the music I get with the A4. I have used them less than an hour and the DD is not broken in to be fair.
I guess I like a bit more punch from the low end? Hmm that surprises me. Maybe I just need to get used to the different sound it provides.

Neal, break them in and roll eartips. Sounds like you aren't getting a proper seal. Bass is controlled but WAY north of light. Quite a bit more in quantity and extension then the A4. At least for the Original K3.

:grinning::grinning: TWIN

Apr 3, 2017 at 7:17 PM Post #313 of 948

Who knows, you wouldn't be the first to prefer the LZ-A4 for example. Though it is perhaps a preference thing as well. I remember with arguing with it03 fanclub I didn't find the it03 as impressive as some claimed it to be. Just my take. Anyhow, I really appreciate your input and impressions! Thanks

Apr 3, 2017 at 7:24 PM Post #314 of 948
Edit: Sorry I meant clearhead but any info would be appreciated. Thanks! 

Hey Twin, do you have any info about the availability of the K3 HD?

I was just about to purchase the K3 Pro's when you're post came up about the new tuning. Cheers

Apr 3, 2017 at 8:08 PM Post #315 of 948
Neal, break them in and roll eartips. Sounds like you aren't getting a proper seal. Bass is controlled but WAY north of light. Quite a bit more in quantity and extension then the A4. At least for the Original K3.

:grinning::grinning: TWIN

I have not used foam tips but tried M spiral dots and spinfits.
The large spinfits were ok. The spinfits collapsed too much due to the deeper insertion. The smaller spiral dot was not sealing

Large spot dot gives a nice seal and bass is definitely better but still doesn't have the impact of the A4.
Again this is a real early listen and by no means my final feelings or thoughts. I had similar issues get the fit and seal with the A4

These fit much deeper in my ear than the A4, while I find them very light the deeper insertion on my left side is going to take getting used to it.

Twin did you music to break in or pink/white noise.
TIA

Users who are viewing this thread

Back