Magaosi K3 PRO impressions and discussions thread.
Apr 3, 2017 at 8:12 PM Post #316 of 948
Who knows, you wouldn't be the first to prefer the LZ-A4 for example. Though it is perhaps a preference thing as well. I remember with arguing with it03 fanclub I didn't find the it03 as impressive as some claimed it to be. Just my take. Anyhow, I really appreciate your input and impressions! Thanks

My initial thought when I compared it quickly to the A4 was the bass seemed much more impactful and seems to bring the music to life differently.

To be fair to the K3Pro ootb comments to an IEM with 100 hrs plus Burn-in is not reasonable. So please take my comments with a grain of salt.
I promise I will be offering more over the next few days as it gets broken in and I listen to it more

I know it's not a fair comparison but it makes me wonder about the comments regarding the Campfire Vega and how it seems to bring out such an emotional response about the music from people

Apr 3, 2017 at 9:11 PM Post #317 of 948
I was so glad to have pulled the trigger on the LZ-A4. By no means it's the most technically impressive I've heard, but it's hard to find fault when it's well tuned. Anyhow, keeping a close eye on this thread. just needs more detailed impressions and that's gonna help me decide.

Apr 3, 2017 at 11:48 PM Post #318 of 948
Just got mine. I switched to the silver nozzles the dark gray lack too much low end for my ears.

Did anyone do burn-in. The manufacturer recommends 100 hrs,less than 8 at a time with 1 hr of rest. They suggest just music list. Not white or pink noise

Very different beast than the A4(I love black back and pink front filters)
Much lighter than the A4 and the shape for my right ear is great not as great for my left ear. (Weird)
The cables are light with interesting self adaptive memory. The best memory cable I have come across but not a huge fan yet of the memory cable.

My initial feel is they lack the engaging and liveliness of the music I get with the A4. I have used them less than an hour and the DD is not broken in to be fair.
I guess I like a bit more punch from the low end? Hmm that surprises me. Maybe I just need to get used to the different sound it provides.
The bass is controlled and tight. Maybe that's better?

After burn-in for 40 hours, the sound is getting better for me, the bass is really good IMO.

Apr 4, 2017 at 3:01 AM Post #319 of 948
got the k3 pro's.... burn in around 50hrs... bass is really good but it's a little bit bassy comparing it to my ibasso IT03 (upgraded cable) and my FLC8s (gray-gray-gunmetal, stock cable)... 

even if its bassy, resolution is really good... a little bit recessed mids, and good sparkle on the highs... 

its a V shape sound sig iem.

this is now my go to iem when i listen to edm's, trap, chill music.... or when i want more bass :)

Apr 4, 2017 at 3:06 AM Post #320 of 948
got the k3 pro's.... burn in around 50hrs... bass is really good but it's a little bit bassy comparing it to my ibasso IT03 (upgraded cable) and my FLC8s (gray-gray-gunmetal, stock cable)... 

even if its bassy, resolution is really good... a little bit recessed mids, and good sparkle on the highs... 

its a V shape sound sig iem.

this is now my go to iem when i listen to edm's, trap, chill music.... or when i want more bass :)

thanks. bought the it03 not long ago and heard the flc8s for a month. does the timbre of the k3pro touch those levels? where you place the mids since you spoke of the V signature compared say to the it03?

Apr 4, 2017 at 6:41 AM Post #321 of 948
thanks. bought the it03 not long ago and heard the flc8s for a month. does the timbre of the k3pro touch those levels? where you place the mids since you spoke of the V signature compared say to the it03?

resolution is half the flc8s... because of more bass... resolution and separation is somewhat muddied... im not that good in describing in english the sound sig... just put it this way

FLC8S > IT03 >> K3 PRO

Apr 4, 2017 at 8:16 AM Post #323 of 948
  Can someone please confirm if the K3 HD is indeed a different version compared to the K3 Pro? None of the sellers on Aliexpress stock the 'HD' version.

cool.gif
Apparently according to Clearhead it is. What I get out of it is that it has enhanced Brightness which makes it a NO GO for me, as the Original (and I'm assuming the Pro) can sometimes be borderline too Bright on material. At least for me.

cool.gif
cool.gif
TWIN

Apr 4, 2017 at 10:22 AM Post #324 of 948
:cool: Apparently according to Clearhead it is. What I get out of it is that it has enhanced Brightness which makes it a NO GO for me, as the Original (and I'm assuming the Pro) can sometimes be borderline too Bright on material. At least for me.

:cool: :cool: TWIN

wait till you hear the revised GOTYE...
UgDxTJ.gif

Apr 4, 2017 at 12:25 PM Post #326 of 948
Interesting impressions and reviews. Everyone really has his/her own preference. In my case, it would have to be k3p 》 it03 》 a4.

The bass of the it03 is too boomy for me leading to not enough highs and sparkle. While the k3p has the tight kick of the bass but without losing its sparkle.

Only tried the a4 once. Brought my cash and ready to buy but when I tried It, didn't even liked it over my 1more triple. Perhaps, I shouldnhave tinkered with the filters but then again I don't like playing with filters too much.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Apr 4, 2017 at 12:51 PM Post #327 of 948
Interesting impressions and reviews. Everyone really has his/her own preference. In my case, it would have to be k3p 》 it03 》 a4.

The bass of the it03 is too boomy for me leading to not enough highs and sparkle. While the k3p has the tight kick of the bass but without losing its sparkle.

Only tried the a4 once. Brought my cash and ready to buy but when I tried It, didn't even liked it over my 1more triple. Perhaps, I shouldnhave tinkered with the filters but then again I don't like playing with filters too much.

boy you certainly missed out. hard to make definitive statements when what you have 18 filter combos and plenty of tip rolling options. that's gonna require more that a Wikipedia quality research buddy.

Apr 4, 2017 at 2:14 PM Post #328 of 948
  I could not resist the price near $100.  I already have an LZ-A4 and will give this a whirl. YAY

Thanks everyone

Sorry if someone else asked this but I've only skimmed through this thread since your post and my head hurts :frowning2: ... but how do you rate them in comparison with the LA Z4? I'm starting to tire a bit of the LZA4 and seek something with just a bit more resolution and detail in the mids, with a tiny bit more extension up top (without delving in to the overly bright territory. i love the Magaosi BK50, one of my favourite budget sets.

Apr 4, 2017 at 2:21 PM Post #329 of 948

Jeez, you liked the 1more TDs over the LZA4!?! I can respect how someone would enjoy the 1more triple drivers, but at £100 it's way overpriced (IMO) and it doesn't come close to the A4. For a triple driver it really got the treble way wrong to my ears. It's so fatigue free it could put you to sleep.

Even IF you only tried the LZA4 with the default setting OOTB with black back and blue front filters they aren't in the same league.

PS... we all hear different

Apr 4, 2017 at 8:19 PM Post #330 of 948
I've asked AE shop from whom I got my K3P and he is not familiar with the HD variant.

Anyone has a link or two of the HD variant?

Thanks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back