Magaosi K3 PRO impressions and discussions thread.
Mar 17, 2017 at 12:07 AM Post #106 of 948
I've read through the whole thread, and the only genre reference I found was PsyTrance.

What is the preferred genres on the K3 Pro? I listen to bass-heavy music - EDM, Techno, Industrial Rock, Trance, Dubstep, and some Alternative Rock.

I am coming from Rock Zircons, Xiaomi Pro HD, and various KZs (ZS3, ED9, W1 Pro, ATE, ZS1, ZN1, ED11, HDS2, HDS3). My favorites are the Zircon, Pro HD, and ZS3 (in no particular order).

I understand the K3 Pro is in the mid-tier, and all that I currently own are bottom-tier so there's no comparison. I just want to make sure I'm making the right choice for my preferred genres. I don't like overly bright, sibilant, or fatiguing signatures.

If the MEMT X5 would be a better option for me, I'm open to them vs the K3 Pros.

DAP is a Xduoo X3 with FiiO E12 Mont Blanc if that matters.

Thanks,
- Slater

Just get the memt x5 , u can ascertained you'd definitely enjoy it

Mar 17, 2017 at 2:06 AM Post #107 of 948
Great, I ordered a pair of the X5s to check out.

I'd still be interested if the K3 Pro is a good match for the type of music I listen to (vs something better suited for classical or jazz for example). Unfortunately the K3 Pro isn't available to demo in the US at a retail store.

I know I can't go strictly on price as a determination of 'better', but I have a heap of inexpensive IEMs that all sound fairly similar in a way. The 1st pair that really made me go 'wow these sound pretty good' was the triple driver Xiaomis (although they were a little sibilant and lacked bass until I sealed one of the ports and swapped tips). Maybe a better strategy is to graduate to fewer, nicer IEMs?

Mar 17, 2017 at 11:15 AM Post #108 of 948
  Great, I ordered a pair of the X5s to check out.

I'd still be interested if the K3 Pro is a good match for the type of music I listen to (vs something better suited for classical or jazz for example). Unfortunately the K3 Pro isn't available to demo in the US at a retail store.

I know I can't go strictly on price as a determination of 'better', but I have a heap of inexpensive IEMs that all sound fairly similar in a way. The 1st pair that really made me go 'wow these sound pretty good' was the triple driver Xiaomis (although they were a little sibilant and lacked bass until I sealed one of the ports and swapped tips). Maybe a better strategy is to graduate to fewer, nicer IEMs?

cool.gif
You are catching on quick Slater. Price is NO guarantee of performance. In fact there is a real, tangible law of diminishing returns in place with Headphones and associated equipment. You will pay HUGELY for incremental differences in sound quality above a certain price point.

The Chinese and Asia as a whole are becoming VERY good at producing new and Very Good Earphones, at a rapid pace.

BTW: I listen to a lot of the Music You Do, Particularly Female Trance. The K3 EXCELS at any Electronica. The Bass is amazing with these Genres.

cool.gif
cool.gif
TWIN

Mar 17, 2017 at 12:11 PM Post #110 of 948
:grinning: Post your impressions soonest.

:grinning::grinning: TWIN

Mar 17, 2017 at 1:30 PM Post #111 of 948
Well, I jumped in and ordered the K3 Pro, but that's probably bad luck for this IEM. The first time I bought an IEM in this range, it was banned from Head-Fi just days after I got it. The second time, the Trinity PM4, it was discontinued as soon as I got it. 3rd time the charm? Hope so.

Mar 17, 2017 at 9:18 PM Post #112 of 948
My K3 Pro arrived today just 3 1/2 days from Hong Kong to Florida! I did pay the extra $10 for express shipping which turned out to be DHL. OTB, they sound really good. Hard to believe this kind of sound and build quality can be had for way less than $200!

My personal preference is for the undamped filter and tips from my own tip stash.

Mar 17, 2017 at 10:58 PM Post #114 of 948
moar impressions I implore! oh comparisons with it03, or whatever you have as of late... :)

Mar 17, 2017 at 11:08 PM Post #115 of 948
My K3 Pro arrived today just 3 1/2 days from Hong Kong to Florida! I did pay the extra $10 for express shipping which turned out to be DHL. OTB, they sound really good. Hard to believe this kind of sound and build quality can be had for way less than $200!

My personal preference is for the undamped filter and tips from my own tip stash.

Dang, I knew I should have sprung for the faster shipping. I have 29 more days of staring at the mailbox with longing in my heart 
frown.gif

Mar 17, 2017 at 11:20 PM Post #116 of 948
  Dang, I knew I should have sprung for the faster shipping. I have 29 more days of staring at the mailbox with longing in my heart 
frown.gif

uh, 3 days vs 30 is a long wait (if not longer)... (*_*)

yeah 10$ plus DHL fees may sometimes be worth it... 
Where you live?

Mar 17, 2017 at 11:25 PM Post #119 of 948
Newbie question. What's the different between the 2 cables. Aside from the fact that one has a straight jack while the other one has the L-type

Sent from Nokia 3210

phone user friendly, the 2nd cable, my best guess.  NOIIICE.

The shell reminded me of the PM4, which I got in aluminum (silver'ish). I'm starting to fancy the grey a lot more! 

Mar 17, 2017 at 11:29 PM Post #120 of 948
I think that's the only difference. The plugs are the same, so technically either cable could be used on both IEMs. Whether they route cleanly around the the ears when the ZST cable (w/90 degree tip) is used on the ZS3 (and vice versa) or stick out and do weird things is unknown. I just have the correct cables for each because they were so cheap.

I don't know why they didn't just make the plugs the same between both models. Cheaper/easier from a manufacturing standpoint vs having 2 different plugs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back