Maestral´s Had-AudioLab from Croatia Europe
Feb 12, 2014 at 5:26 PM Post #32 of 58
  An early version of the Maestral One. The name Maestral was my idea. I am glad to see these amps are getting some attention.

Well done on both the name and the review
beerchug.gif

Feb 17, 2014 at 4:15 PM Post #33 of 58
I'm doing the english translation about my Maestral II review on spanish language, so I will publish it soon.
BTW testing the Maestral as a preamp connected to the Violectric V100 I'm very satisfied with the sound, it improves imaging and the sound becomes warmer and more natural, with smoother highs. It is highly recommended for bright amplifiers, works great.

Cheers,
Yago.

Apr 1, 2014 at 5:15 AM Post #35 of 58
I'm quite interested in getting the Maestral III, looks like a pretty amp for the price.

Anyone have any specifications on the output power in either OTL or CAT mode? I've been trying to look up the specs but can't find them.

May 24, 2014 at 5:52 PM Post #39 of 58
Not bad at all you say. Can you explain that more because I find the Maestral M III fascinating mysterious terrific with my Grado PS500 when listening. I am open to your experiences with other headphone amplifiers.
atsmile.gif

May 25, 2014 at 5:52 PM Post #40 of 58
  Not bad at all you say. Can you explain that more because I find the Maestral M III fascinating mysterious terrific with my Grado PS500 when listening. I am open to your experiences with other headphone amplifiers.
atsmile.gif

I need to do a more in depth write up at some point but here is a short reply I wrote to someone else:

The sound quality is pretty darn good. It's surprisingly transparent, sub bass maybe lacks a little punch (seems like there might be a roll off under 30 Hz), treble is well extended without being as bright as say the Soloist. No microphonics apart from one of my driver tubes being faulty, luckily they include a complete replacement set of all the tubes with the amp.

Power delivery seems adequate, drives my HD 800's and planars fairly easily. It does seem to have a bit more headroom when operating in OTL mode with higher impedance headphones. CAT mode seems to have considerably less power output (the volume is certainly lower) and I have to turn the dial past 12 O'clock to get to a good listening level with both the HE-500 and LCD-2.

My only concern is with the build quality which from an external inspection is very nice, but if you open it up, the soldering/wiring quality seems to be so so. I don't think it negatively affects the sound quality but still, it would have been nice if it was a bit tidier inside.

So yeah, not very detailed impressions... I promise I'll do a proper write up... eventually.

One thing I will say for sure is that it is very photogenic :)

May 25, 2014 at 6:43 PM Post #41 of 58

I need to do a more in depth write up at some point but here is a short reply I wrote to someone else:

So yeah, not very detailed impressions... I promise I'll do a proper write up... eventually.

One thing I will say for sure is that it is very photogenic :)

Thanks for responding quickly.
Your vision is interesting to me.
I will contemplate on it. But also I am looking forward to your more detailed impressions which I appreciate.
Indeed is the M III photogenic.
beerchug.gif

May 26, 2014 at 6:13 PM Post #42 of 58
I think I said it before, but I was set on buying Meastreal III when I got a good offer on SPL Phonitor so I never become a tube guy. However an affordable tubeamp in europe. I'm all for that! Even though I have no money to buy one myself. What is needed is a comparison between HAD and Bottlehead Crack. If HAD compares to that there is a basis for sales in europe. If HAD turns out to be superior you have the US too. Just arrange a review. Contact headphonia, head-fi, innerfidelity...there are loads of places. If it is as good as you guys say the revuiews will support it and stuff will throw out of the shelves. Schiit has pretty much conquered the place for cheap solid state amp company. There is still room for a bussiness with good tube headphone amp company. GET SOME REVIEWS! If not you can go home and F* your selves. I'd like to see  these amps going somewhere...but just by sitting by your arses it is not going to happen!

May 26, 2014 at 8:45 PM Post #43 of 58
  I think I said it before, but I was set on buying Meastreal III when I got a good offer on SPL Phonitor so I never become a tube guy. However an affordable tubeamp in europe. I'm all for that! Even though I have no money to buy one myself. What is needed is a comparison between HAD and Bottlehead Crack. If HAD compares to that there is a basis for sales in europe. If HAD turns out to be superior you have the US too. Just arrange a review. Contact headphonia, head-fi, innerfidelity...there are loads of places. If it is as good as you guys say the revuiews will support it and stuff will throw out of the shelves. Schiit has pretty much conquered the place for cheap solid state amp company. There is still room for a bussiness with good tube headphone amp company. GET SOME REVIEWS! If not you can go home and F* your selves. I'd like to see  these amps going somewhere...but just by sitting by your arses it is not going to happen!

+1 to this...couldn't say it more eloquently.

I'm also on the fence to get a maestral, I saw the custom one Drazen made for some member in this forum, Maestral Zephyr, that can run all types of headphone (ortho, dynamics, Electrostat)...if its good, I will definitely jump on board and get one.
One amps to conquer them all, hmmm who wouldn't jump on it.

So more review/comparison please...I know its subjective but coming from some with recognised track record/sound authority will surely spark the interest.

May 28, 2014 at 5:19 AM Post #44 of 58
Dear all,

I'm one of the three owner of the custom Zephyr amp.
Actually it is under examination and we are trying a lot of different headphone but it is to early for a review.

Just as an hint I can tell you that it is easly the best headphone amp we have ever listened for medium to high impedance headphone (HD565/600/650; DT48, AKG K501/340; soon a pair of HD800 and some Bayers).

In the next weeks we will listen the amp with different low impedance headphone (Grado and ATH), planars (LCD-X and LCD-3) and ELS (009). 

Regards!

Marco

May 28, 2014 at 5:47 AM Post #45 of 58
  Dear all,

I'm one of the three owner of the custom Zephyr amp.
Actually it is under examination and we are trying a lot of different headphone but it is to early for a review.

Just as an hint I can tell you that it is easly the best headphone amp we have ever listened for medium to high impedance headphone (HD565/600/650; DT48, AKG K501/340; soon a pair of HD800 and some Bayers).

In the next weeks we will listen the amp with different low impedance headphone (Grado and ATH), planars (LCD-X and LCD-3) and ELS (009). 

Regards!

Marco

Thanks Marco,

I am looking forward to more specific information from you and friends about this Zephyr with different types of headphones. Varietas delectat!
I wonder how it does with the Grado PS 500 which I do like.
And of course I am very curious about your experience with the Audeze LCD´s. For now I wish I could afford one pair especially the LCD-3.

Good luck to you and friends,

Azzaro

Users who are viewing this thread

Back