Maestral´s Had-AudioLab from Croatia Europe
Oct 12, 2013 at 7:00 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 58

Azzaro

New Head-Fier
Is there anybody who has listened to the Maestral One, Two or Three?
I recently discovered this company and everything looks very interesting and I am thinking about ordering model Two or Three but there is not
much to read about it yet on the internet, all though they claim to have delivered to the USA.
Also these headphone amplifiers are not yet listed among the other brands at Head-fi.
I have the feeling that they can be very good sounding amps.
http://www.had-audiolab.com/product.asp?id=62

Oct 17, 2013 at 2:36 PM Post #2 of 58
Is there anybody who has listened to the Maestral One, Two or Three?
I recently discovered this company and everything looks very interesting and I am thinking about ordering model Two or Three but there is not
much to read about it yet on the internet, all though they claim to have delivered to the USA.
Also these headphone amplifiers are not yet listed among the other brands at Head-fi.
I have the feeling that they can be very good sounding amps.
http://www.had-audiolab.com/product.asp?id=62

I know a few people who heard them, most of them now own them. They pair especially well with Beyerdynamic and Grado headphones. A few people on the croatian audiophile forum audiofil.net have it, and one person who owns a T1 has written two reviews of their models. People also seem to prefer them over the Lehmann BCL with HD800's or T1's. This weekend they have a first public presentation on a big hi-fi show in Zagreb (capital), so there will be more impressions and reviews after that probably. But they do seem very good, nobody yet has said anything bad about them, and the guy who makes them is a part of croatian audiophile diy community for a long time, has an extremely good reputation and all other DIY'ers seem to respect him greatly.

Oct 17, 2013 at 2:48 PM Post #3 of 58
Here are a few reviews, on croatian language, put the links into a google translator, its nowhere near perfect, but you can understand the point I think:

http://www.sound-news.net/index.php/recenzije/stereo/integrirana-pojaala/item/1372-had-audiolab-maestral-two
http://www.hifimedia.hr/testovi/pojaa/item/3613-had-audiolab-maestral-two
http://www.audiofil.net/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=13362&PN=1
This one is old, still in prototype stage: http://www.audiofil.net/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=13086

Dec 7, 2013 at 6:46 PM Post #6 of 58
Sometime ago I ordered the Maestral Three from Had-AudioLab.
Everything went perfect. I had a very good communication by email with mr. Drazen from Had-AudioLab and very soon the Maestral was delivered to my place in Amsterdam.
Since than I am totally intrigued and fascinated by this headphone amplifier.
It is for sure my best buy of the year 2013. This device is really a complete joy to have.
Soon I will be able to give more specific information about my personal listening experiences with the Maestral Three.

Dec 8, 2013 at 11:21 AM Post #7 of 58
Sometime ago I ordered the Maestral Three from Had-AudioLab.
Everything went perfect. I had a very good communication by email with mr. Drazen from Had-AudioLab and very soon the Maestral was delivered to my place in Amsterdam.
Since than I am totally intrigued and fascinated by this headphone amplifier.
It is for sure my best buy of the year 2013. This device is really a complete joy to have.
Soon I will be able to give more specific information about my personal listening experiences with the Maestral Three.

Hi, Maestral III looks very interesting too what headphones do you use ? How it sounds?

Dec 12, 2013 at 12:08 PM Post #8 of 58
  I just ordered a Maestral II tube headphones amplifier, review and impressions coming soon...

Make sure to post some internal pics when you do. I would very much like to know what's inside. 

The pricing is very good espescially when you're in the EU. Hope they haven't been saving on the components too much.

Great way to stimulate our slacking ecomomy 
biggrin.gif

Dec 12, 2013 at 2:00 PM Post #9 of 58
I have three headphones in my house. Grado SR80, Grado PS 500 and BeijerDynamic DT990(old version in perfect condition).
In short I can say that because of having divers headphones I get more insight in the true nature of the Maestral III. What intrigues me is that the M III seems to be what I call as neutral because it truly reveals the true capabilities of each individual headphone. I am still studying on it all and in time I will try to put my experience into words. But my fascination for the Maestral III is still going stronger and stronger. Every time I listen to it, it is absolute joy and I do not want to stop.
atsmile.gif

Dec 20, 2013 at 2:10 PM Post #12 of 58
Well Yugas, I am also very much interested how you will like the Maestral II. It looks fantastic. May be one day I have an opportunity to listen to that one too.

So Azzaro you like the amp? I was thinking about getting it for my T1's. How does it pair with DT990? Plenty of power?

Dec 21, 2013 at 10:23 AM Post #13 of 58
After 5 days of shipping (I'm inside Europe too) finally I got it here! 

Package is very well protected and tubes for replacemente are supplied too, very good detail from Had-Audiolab.
Built quality is awesome, it feels like a tank and it is quite heavy too.
NOS tube are about 50 years old, but they are in very good cosmetic conditions and to my ears sound very musical, not too much colored sound (in fact less than my previous Icon Audio HP8) , with a rich and sweet middle section, smooth highs and great sense of space.

This early impressions using my Hifiman HE500, wich I find a better pairing than I thought. 
Later I will connect some of 300 ohm Sennheisers, HD600 and I will try to use the HD800 too, OTL amplifiers like this always provide good sound with this type of high impedance cans.

Some photos:

After some testing time I will make a review for this :)

Dec 21, 2013 at 11:13 AM Post #14 of 58
Looks awsome. But would the Maestral III wouldn't have been a better pairing for the Hifiman's? It has a rather low impedance (38 Ohm). The extra output transformers makes it somewhat more expensive though.

Anyway, I'm thinking about getting this one for my HD700's. What did you pay for it in the end (shipping included)?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back