made the mistake of going into the "high end" room of my local hi fi store...
May 28, 2009 at 3:13 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

old iron sights

New Head-Fier
Ive listened to McIntosh stuff and now I will be ruined for life!!! But seriously I am getting ready to buy my 1st home stereo setup. In vegas we have one hi fi shop they carry Rotel, arcam, marantz, mcintosh and such. And for speakers canton, b+w. So I really like the sound of the arcam 17 cd player with the canton chrono 509dc, with the rotel ra-162 integrated amp. BUT CANNOT AFFORD THIS STUFF!!! So Ive been doing ALOT of research and have come up with a few options: Rotel ra-06 integrated, onkyo a-9555, both pretty close in price. Does anyone have any experience with these???? And for the speakers polk makes the rti a7. Which are decently priced as well. I listen to post hardcore,indie rock, and metal, so I like to crank it up and rock out! I really am looking for good quality and bang for my buck, can anyone help out this frustrated man?!?!? also these both have a phono section, (I plan on getting a upgraded turntable in the near future) I currently have a numark portable.

May 28, 2009 at 10:12 PM Post #5 of 6
Although I have not listened to them personally, I've been recommended the Polk RTI A7 a few times from people on speaker forums. I even have them in my Amazon wishlist.

Although I did buy some vintage speakers for a great price on Craigslist, so my vote is to look for used.. maybe even vintage. Much better value for budget ratio.

May 28, 2009 at 10:37 PM Post #6 of 6
Listen to your Uncle! Ask about the things that you're interested in.

Ronmiller's suggestion about checking Craigslist is good too--just make sure that you know both how little and how much you might be willing to pay before you meet up with anyone. Don't ever be afraid to walk away.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back