Made an impulse buy on the GR07. Don't really know what to expect. xD
Dec 30, 2011 at 5:07 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 10

WaLaoEh

100+ Head-Fier
I have read quite a bit on the GR07 and how people sing its praises on Head-Fi. 
It was on sale for 189 Singapore Dollars, ( which is about 145 US Dollars) usual price of SGD 230 at treoo.com, though lendmeurears.com sells it at SGD 206. 
So since it was on sale, I just bought it without any thinking. So what can I expect? Did I make the right choice? :/
I'm coming from a SoundMAGIC PL50. xD 

Dec 30, 2011 at 5:45 AM Post #2 of 10
How does it compare to the SoundMAGIC PL50? Anyone?

Jan 2, 2012 at 2:20 AM Post #5 of 10
Damn, was supposed to collect my GR07s on Tuesday (tomorrow) or Wednesday,but now Treoo tells me the distributor can only deliver it earliest by mid-Jan. 
Gosh...

Can someone reassure me I made the right choice buying the GR07? I feel kinda uneasy...how is the soundstage and vocals on them?

Jan 2, 2012 at 4:21 AM Post #6 of 10

Quote:
Damn, was supposed to collect my GR07s on Tuesday (tomorrow) or Wednesday,but now Treoo tells me the distributor can only deliver it earliest by mid-Jan. 
Gosh...

Can someone reassure me I made the right choice buying the GR07? I feel kinda uneasy...how is the soundstage and vocals on them?

Both are great. The greatest strength about them is their lack of weaknesses.

Jan 2, 2012 at 6:40 AM Post #7 of 10
Completely different levels if you are comparing them to the PL50. PL50 has a lot of mids, gr07 would be relatively much extended at the highs and the lows. Bass would be a solid improvement, except it is not on the boomy side. Test it with some songs that have extremely low bass, and there are notes where the PL50 simply couldn't produce them.

A very clean sounding iem without any faults really. PL50 is a very nice iem as well but its soundstage would be small and less 3D/real compared to the vsonic. You also don't have to worry about loosing any mids or details from the upgrade.

You've scored yourself a baby. Get excited already 
etysmile.gif

Quote:

P.s. oh do not get too excited. They do not really WoW you, they just do everything right. I did not liked them that much before, but after owning them for a few months they are demonstrating their goodness in my every single head-on comparisons.

Jan 2, 2012 at 7:34 AM Post #9 of 10

Quote:

Sounds cool.

Quote:
Completely different levels if you are comparing them to the PL50. PL50 has a lot of mids, gr07 would be relatively much extended at the highs and the lows. Bass would be a solid improvement, except it is not on the boomy side. Test it with some songs that have extremely low bass, and there are notes where the PL50 simply couldn't produce them.

A very clean sounding iem without any faults really. PL50 is a very nice iem as well but its soundstage would be small and less 3D/real compared to the vsonic. You also don't have to worry about loosing any mids or details from the upgrade.

You've scored yourself a baby. Get excited already 
etysmile.gif

P.s. oh do not get too excited. They do not really WoW you, they just do everything right. I did not liked them that much before, but after owning them for a few months they are demonstrating their goodness in my every single head-on comparisons.

what you said sounds like the perfect IEM i dream of. xD
 haha,but does it sound as clear as the PL50? or better? I thought the PL50s soundstage was pretty good tho. 
Can i use it for running?? would there be an issue?

Quote:
GR07 is a good buy, so i wouldn't be too worried it's very popular with good reason, just give it time to burn in.

Is it good for sports use?? like running/jogging?

Jan 2, 2012 at 8:45 PM Post #10 of 10

Quote:

what you said sounds like the perfect IEM i dream of. xD
 haha,but does it sound as clear as the PL50? or better? I thought the PL50s soundstage was pretty good tho. 
Can i use it for running?? would there be an issue?

Clearer than the triple-fi 10 dare I say. I do think the soundstage is better, at least more 3D due to extended highs and lows. Should be alright for running, if you can use the pl50.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back