Mad on Christmas, I hate it. Robbed last Week
Dec 25, 2008 at 6:54 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 15

Carmantom

1000+ Head-Fier
I got robbed last week. Someone broke onto my shed while I was away. My wife confessed she had left it open after repeated cries for her to lock it when she is done.

They got over $1400 in tools (not enough for insurance deductible to cover).
I then had to fork over $1200 for an alarm system. 20 years here and never anything taken. Never saw the need for security system.

Now I'm out $2400. I started pretty much to get over it. My wife is a peach and entitled to a rare error. Everything was OK until I went to the shed today to get somethings i thought the thieves never got. Since my compressor was gone I was going to swap out some hose and air tools with a buddy of mine for a beautiful S&W 357. Sure enough the tools were gone.

It stirred things up all over. I've gone to boiling to sulking at this point. I'm trying to muster all I can to salvage the day. I keep telling myself it is just stuff.

Damn Thieves!

Dec 25, 2008 at 6:59 PM Post #2 of 15
Easy, grab jewelery your wife has and sell it to recoup your loss. I am sure she will not mind it and heck she will probably encourage you to do so. NOT!

Sorry for your loss, getting robbed leaves you feeling helpless. Sadly even if the thieves are caught nothing will happen to them because "they did not mean it your honor, they just wanted the money to buy drugs ... I meant food your honor". We live in a sad state where crooks and thieves have more rights than the victims.

Dec 25, 2008 at 7:10 PM Post #3 of 15
Sorry to hear that. It sucks when people rob you. It's a crappy feeling. I know. But I do believe that what goes around comes around. Those thieves will run into bad fortune and get thier butts kicked or something.

I know an ex convict who used to rob people and finally he ran into some bad luck and went to jail. He ran into more bad luck with more messes in his life and I think it's just karma comming back to him for his evils in the past. Those thieves will not get away with it. They will run into some misfortune while you rise to glory!

Dec 25, 2008 at 7:20 PM Post #4 of 15
Sorry to hear!
But why blame Christmas, when its your wife who forgot to lock up the shed?
wink.gif

Dec 25, 2008 at 7:56 PM Post #7 of 15
My solution would be to simply lock the wife in the shed.

Dec 25, 2008 at 7:57 PM Post #8 of 15
...just kidding. I know the personal "violation" feeling when you lose something to theft, especially on your property. It's not just the money, it's the loss of trust in humanity that hurts.

Dec 25, 2008 at 8:23 PM Post #9 of 15
Sorry to hear that, as well. I've had things stolen, too, and it is always an awful feeling. It is just stuff, but it was yours and you should still have it. I hope the money isn't a financial hardship for you.

Don't let it ruin the day - eat well, have a few drinks and get your mind off it.

Dec 25, 2008 at 8:26 PM Post #10 of 15
Hopefully Karma is gonna get them and they will die slowly on the streets off the bad meth they bought from the compressor. Thats the way nature works.

OOoops.

Dec 25, 2008 at 8:32 PM Post #11 of 15
Bad timing, so close to Christmas. It's a lot of money to shell out so close to the holiday. I know the feeling: some SCUM touched MY STUFF! I've had my car broken in to and I just felt really violated. Enought of that.

But as others have said, don't let it ruin Christmas. Look deeper. Your family is safe, you have each other and your family. Dig out, and by next month it wil begin smoothing out.

Dec 25, 2008 at 8:58 PM Post #12 of 15
The cop told me they are so frustrated. They put their lives on the line and the bad guys get out later that day waving the yellow sheet telling their friends they made bail, only to do it again that night to get high.

He said they have gotten to the point where they are starting to turn their heads when the home owners take action (shoot) to protect their property.

Now that I ate I am beginning to mellow out. I like the one about locking the wife in the shed. Good humor!

Dec 25, 2008 at 10:24 PM Post #14 of 15
Quote:

Originally Posted by mrarroyo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
We live in a sad state where crooks and thieves have more rights than the victims.

This is not true

If you truely believe that then protest, riot, do something. This is a problem people see a problem and just whine, no one will do anything anymore.

Dec 25, 2008 at 10:29 PM Post #15 of 15
Quote:

Originally Posted by Carmantom /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Now that I ate I am beginning to mellow out. I like the one about locking the wife in the shed. Good humor!

Excellent.

One more piece of advice: you mentioned an alarm. Do this before replacing your tool. Another thing crooks know is that you will need to replace things, and they often come back for the shiny new stuff your just bought. Don't give them a chance to hit you twice.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back