Mad extreme bass
Dec 22, 2008 at 1:21 AM Post #17 of 50
Judging from your needs, I would suggest the Beyerdynamic DT770, as they are BASS monsters. Everybody has agreed that these have the most bass out of any other headphone in this category.

Dec 22, 2008 at 2:03 AM Post #20 of 50
Ultrasone's or Beyer's
smily_headphones1.gif

Maybe the HFI-780's would be a good thing to look at also being closed n all.

Dec 22, 2008 at 2:08 AM Post #21 of 50
Quote:

Originally Posted by exphy /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'll pass on the skullcandy's, even though SQ isnt the most important thing, this is still headfi :p

HD650 is a bit to expensive(I'd rather get a 580(which should be about 80% of a 650)). So the 770 isnt really that good? I've heard they were bassmonsters, with reasonable SQ

I wouldn't get the HD580 unless you have an amp. I haven't heard the HD650, but I'd bet that some of the missing 20% is in the bass. They are less bassy than the DT880, which also needs an amp. The suggested HD485 has a similar sound signature to the HD580, with a touch more bass, a little less detail, and don't require an amp.

Dec 22, 2008 at 2:18 AM Post #22 of 50
The HD650 has more bass then the DT770, but it's out of this guys price range. Also DT880/DT770 aren't that bassy to me. I think my ears aren't able to pick up all that bass (Minor hearing problems in left ear).

Dec 22, 2008 at 3:20 AM Post #23 of 50
Quote:

Originally Posted by Zombie_X /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The HD650 has more bass then the DT770, but it's out of this guys price range. Also DT880/DT770 aren't that bassy to me. I think my ears aren't able to pick up all that bass (Minor hearing problems in left ear).

That the standard 770 or the 770 Pro 80 Ohm model?

Dec 22, 2008 at 3:27 AM Post #24 of 50
I feel the HD650 beats them both, but all a matter of opinion. The 250ohm DT770 has more than the 80ohm version, and has a smoother/fuller sound. But like I said it's opinion. I mainly prefer the sound signature of Senn's over beyer, but beyer's bass is more textured and extended. I don't listen to bass heavy music though.

Dec 22, 2008 at 8:11 AM Post #25 of 50
Lol. I just had to check this thread out just because of the title 'Mad extreme bass.'

The black skullcrushers actually don't look too bad... but you really have to wonder if those blue ones are a joke. I mean someone has to have liked it for it to be produced.

I always had this idea of putting my logitech's sub underneath my bed facing towards the ceiling and cranking it way up and seeing how it felt to bounce around on my bed XD

I really find it difficult to enjoy bass on a set of headphones because no matter how powerful it is, it'll never amount to force produced by a sub. You'll definitely feel it but it'll all be up in your head and at best you'll probably just get dizzy before you're satisfied. In conclusion, I think I'm going to try out that bed idea :] You should try out the dt770pros though.

Dec 22, 2008 at 8:33 AM Post #26 of 50
Just a heads up - the DT-770 isn't the bass monster it's being made out to be here. Also, you aren't gonna get the earth shaking bass you get from big subs from any headphone, regardless of price. A reasonable approximation at a reasonable price would be some of the DJ type headphones some have already mentioned in this thread.

Dec 22, 2008 at 12:14 PM Post #28 of 50
Lets say 'll cranck up my budget to 500usd$ used, what are the phones I'd should look into? I've heard the senheissers, but do not really like them.

I'm not looking for a headmount subwoofer, I just want bass, bass and lots of it, I want it to go low, I want it to be nice and clean and I want to have some sort off impact. I understand that it will never be the same as a subwoofer.

Amplification isnt a problem, if needed I'll build a beta22

Dec 22, 2008 at 12:41 PM Post #29 of 50
No one mention them yet so i'll do:

D2000(have them, lots of bass even unamped/ (quality)bass monsters when amped)/D5000

Ultrasone PRO900(brief audition only): i'm considering these sometime next year. Lots and Lots of quality bass there.

Skull Candy SK Pro (had them): not much SQ there, but quantity of bass will shake your head just like others I've mentioned

Ultrasone HFI-780(brief audition) :best bang for the buck regarding bass quality/quantity IMO. Another bass monsters

Of course, you'll still have to pump up the volume a little in order to get what you wont.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back