Mad extreme bass
Dec 22, 2008 at 8:23 PM Post #31 of 50
I don't know about monstrous, but Equation RP-21 has solid deep bass in generous portions, perfect for hip-hop, Outkast, E-40, Nas, etc. I've worked in dance clubs with 18" subs and 5000 watt crown amps so i know about bass.

Dec 22, 2008 at 9:57 PM Post #32 of 50
Quote:

Originally Posted by Deftoned /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Whitout any personal experince what so ever. I think you should check out the new Sony XB headphones. The name and construction makes me think they'll have plenty of bass.

Good luck!

They do! I think you'd be very happy. They lean towards a very bass specific tone, the treble is a little recessed unless you EQ them.

Dec 22, 2008 at 11:50 PM Post #33 of 50
Tbh, don't all the people that replied already know that this way the OP is going to end up with a headphone with a spike at 400hz and bloated uncontrollable ugly bass? Maybe we should as intelligent people that I'm sure you all are, instead explain some more about bass and what makes bass good or bad, to the OP and give him some usefull information instead? I'm sure he didn't travel all the way to headfi to just get an answer that they will give him in any random store.

For good bass I would recommend:

-DT770
-Sextett LP/MP
-Most ultrasone's
o what the hell, a HD650?

Greetings,

Victor

ps offcourse this is not a comment for everyone who has replied to this topic, I don't want to come off as a arrogant know it all lol
wink.gif

Dec 23, 2008 at 12:08 AM Post #34 of 50
I like the DT 770 for the sheer amount of bass, but as mentioned earlier, it's all about opinion. My hardcore hip-hophead Cousin said the "DT 770s don't have enough bass for me."

I was like ¿

But like I said, other than the DT 770, I do not know what else to recommend for mad bass
biggrin.gif

Dec 23, 2008 at 12:23 AM Post #35 of 50
Quote:

Originally Posted by b0dhi /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Just a heads up - the DT-770 isn't the bass monster it's being made out to be here. Also, you aren't gonna get the earth shaking bass you get from big subs from any headphone, regardless of price. A reasonable approximation at a reasonable price would be some of the DJ type headphones some have already mentioned in this thread.

Finally someone who agrees about the DT770 bass. I feel it isn't even that powerful to begin with...

Dec 23, 2008 at 1:21 AM Post #36 of 50
I have the HD 650's and the bass is not pounding or anything like that...Not even really close.....I mean its there just it doesn't seem like enough at all!

Dec 23, 2008 at 1:57 AM Post #37 of 50
Headphile modified DT-770/80 have quite a bit more bass than HD650(IMO of course). Not that HD650 don't have enough bass, they can slam your skull with bass heavy music if the amp allows.

Dec 23, 2008 at 2:04 AM Post #38 of 50
Quote:

Originally Posted by Zombie_X /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Finally someone who agrees about the DT770 bass. I feel it isn't even that powerful to begin with...

Must be version variance - the dt770-80 pro was very bass heavy - on the border between acceptable and absurd.

The HD650 is more more tame and well behaved by comparison - I don't even understand why the HD650 is being recommended when it is obvious the OP is looking for quantity:

Quote:

Originally Posted by exphy /img/forum/go_quote.gif
What headphones should I get if I want mad extreme bass, i want massive amounts of it, I want that my ears move because the bass.

Dec 23, 2008 at 2:41 AM Post #39 of 50
To set things straight, the DT770 is not bass heavy but the DT770 Pro80 is??? I've been lurking around head-fi for quite somtime and people swear that these cans (the Pro80s) have mad thumping bass.

Dec 23, 2008 at 3:36 AM Post #41 of 50
LOL. Bose on-ear! I just bought a pair and took one for the team! Will give out a review within this week.

I can say that it's a true bass monster - if you like your drum sounding like the bad subwoofer in cars that pass by on the street.

Dec 23, 2008 at 3:41 PM Post #42 of 50
Quote:

Originally Posted by john11f /img/forum/go_quote.gif
To set things straight, the DT770 is not bass heavy but the DT770 Pro80 is??? I've been lurking around head-fi for quite somtime and people swear that these cans (the Pro80s) have mad thumping bass.

According to the peeps who have heard both the DT 770(05) and the older pro models, the pro models have deeper, heavier bass. The DT 770'05s seem to take a more refined approach with lighter, better integrated bass.

Here are a couple of threads discussing this matter:

Beyerdynamic DT770-05 still kicks arse!

Beyerdynamic DT770/80 Pro vs. DT 770/2005 consumer edition

Headphone Sale On Amazon- Beyerdynamic DT 770 for $126

Dec 23, 2008 at 4:25 PM Post #43 of 50
I've owned the dt-770 pro's and can honestly say that they have more bass than my hd-650's, but the quality isnt there. IF it's bass amount that you want, I suggest the UE Super.fi 5 EB. Nothing I've listened to comes even close in sheer amount of bass produced. I can't comment on ultrasones etc, but I would recommend checking them out too. The AKG DJ phones also seem like a possible choice.

If you want true base out of HD-650's they have to be properly amplified and you also need a proper source (a good cable also helps a lot).

Jan 10, 2009 at 8:48 AM Post #44 of 50
M Audio Q40's!! Under $200,no doubt that the bass is head shaking,"insane in the membrane!"And very extended and controlled!
darthsmile.gif

Jan 10, 2009 at 9:04 AM Post #45 of 50
Quote:

Originally Posted by Ttvetjanu /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I've owned the dt-770 pro's and can honestly say that they have more bass than my hd-650's, but the quality isnt there. IF it's bass amount that you want, I suggest the UE Super.fi 5 EB. Nothing I've listened to comes even close in sheer amount of bass produced. I can't comment on ultrasones etc, but I would recommend checking them out too. The AKG DJ phones also seem like a possible choice.

If you want true base out of HD-650's they have to be properly amplified and you also need a proper source (a good cable also helps a lot).

I just went to Amazon to read the reviews of the UE phones. Seems legit. Who knew IEMs could deliver that much bass?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back