Macbook Pro 2011 vs iPhone 4
Jun 25, 2011 at 1:06 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

xkfow

New Head-Fier
Just curious if anyone has any comments about the sound of audio out of their Macbook Pro vs their iPhone. I normally listen to music exclusively from my iPhone 4 using Bose On Ear headphones. I have just discovered that listening from my Macbook Pro seems to be much more pleasing to my ears. I am not an audio expert, so all I can think of to describe it, is that the instruments sound clearer and more live.

Please dont post if you have no constructive information to add. ie "Windows is better posts" will be ignored.

Jun 25, 2011 at 1:27 AM Post #2 of 4
Well your macbook tends to have more juice to supply your headphones with compared to the iphone that may be a reason. I see the same happen when i compare my macbook to my ipod nano but i also have my ipod set to hold music at 198kbps while my macbook has many lossless files that just sound more detailed

Jun 25, 2011 at 1:32 AM Post #3 of 4
I went one better using the Pico Slim with my MacBook Pro. The result is very reasonable.

Jun 25, 2011 at 8:12 AM Post #4 of 4
I have plenty of Macs/PC in the household and compared to:

Macbook white late 2008
PowerBook 12" G4 1.5GHz 
MacBook Pro 15" early 2008
MacMini G4
Windows PC (self assembled)
Samsung Netbook
iPhone4
iPad
iPod Touch 3rd gen
iPod Classic 80GB, 120GB

the MacBook Pro 13inch (2011) really has the best audio output, followed by the iPhone 4 and MBP 15" which was the last version before the unibody came out. And of course, it has optical out (like all MBPs) via mini-toslink which is what I use mostly. I compared only the analog headphone out for this purpose.

So, yes, Apple loves music and it shows.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back