MacaW GT100s(inverted dynamic driver) impressions thread
Jul 10, 2016 at 2:30 PM Post #211 of 235
I'm guessing the Sabres best the GT100s. Against a properly tuned IEM, the GT100s simply doesn't compete. Even though I really like it's build and appearence, I'll admit that the sound signature is rough at best.

How do you know that? Do you have the Sabre? Sorry but assumption is not so welcomed here. 

Jul 10, 2016 at 2:35 PM Post #212 of 235
I've used the GT100s as my daily driver for over a year. As others have mentioned, the highs can be fatiguing, and the bass and lower mids are often disapointing.
How do you know that? Do you have the Sabre? Sorry but assumption is not so welcomed here. 

Since I stopped using them, I've tried many iems. They all matched, or exceeded the quality of sound I got from the Macaws.

If you want a stainless steel build, look to RHA. Their IEMs sound better and are more comfortable IMO.

Jul 10, 2016 at 2:49 PM Post #213 of 235
I've used the GT100s as my daily driver for over a year. As others have mentioned, the highs can be fatiguing, and the bass and lower mids are often disapointing.

Since I stopped using them, I've tried many iems. They all matched, or exceeded the quality of sound I got from the Macaws.

If you want a stainless steel build, look to RHA. Their IEMs sound better and are more comfortable IMO.

Bingo! That is what I was initially thinking. Thank you for saving me $60.00!

Jul 10, 2016 at 5:50 PM Post #214 of 235
  I bought this IEM twice based on @DannyBai and @Selenium impressions. 

The first purchase was the silver color from a local store, and I am delighted with both sound and built quality that GT100 offered. Excellent depth, details and instruments separation, treble are great yet delicate, the right dose of bass. For me, it's excel RE400 by a large margin.

The second purchase was the black version from penon. Though for the price offered it's still a good deal, but the SQ are a disappointment compared to my first unit. 

I've had mine going on a year,  and still like them a lot.   They give a nice change of sound signature versus my JVC 850s.

Aug 15, 2016 at 12:46 PM Post #219 of 235
  Hey guys! I've done a review of the GT100s over here . Here are also some bonus pictures that I took :D

Great review! I also had a very hard time powering the GT100s off of my Nexus 6P and my HTC One M8. I lost them before I got the chance to do a comprehensive review with the E3 and AD230B though.

Nov 13, 2016 at 2:22 AM Post #224 of 235
Anyone else find that their black and gold filters were thready incorrectly, rendering them useless?

Nov 13, 2016 at 8:16 AM Post #225 of 235
  Anyone else find that their black and gold filters were thready incorrectly, rendering them useless?

wasn't the case for me, but I have definitely seen a few complaints about that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back