Mac users, what are your media players?
May 6, 2010 at 11:34 AM Post #16 of 108
These days I spend most of my air-time with Spotify. :)
But I am also a vivid iTunes fan, which I have been using for some 6 years without any issues at all.

May 6, 2010 at 8:28 PM Post #19 of 108

Quote:
Never had issues with iTunes, have you heard about Songbird? Many people love his features

Songbird on PC is even worse than iTunes lol

I really like Songbird killer add-ons (as a hardcore FireFox user) and I would have NO PROBLEM USING SONGBIRD AT ALL if it's not because I know much more about sound quality than I did few months ago 
biggrin.gif
Heck I remember I used to listen to music on my Logitech speakers regardless of any media player and call it a day
deadhorse.gif

May 6, 2010 at 8:35 PM Post #20 of 108
I love iTunes. I stream music to 2 full size stereos + the Mac has a pair of active Genelec speakers that sound incredible. Pandora ONE has also excellent sound quality and you can stream it to your full size stereo via Airfoil. I love them all. SQ is great.

I think that Apple products, in general, have some sort of resistance from folks that think that they are too cool for them so they need to go and find something exotic out of the mainstream so they can continue to feel special and above all.

I'm definitely not saying it's your case but I read a lot of stuff in which you can clearly identify a "I'm too cool for Apple products" attitude.

Call me an Apple fanboy, but when you read someone saying the Kindle is better than the iPad, I can only think either the above or the guy came from another planet (or never really tried an iPad before).

With the free REMOTE app I control playlists and sound on 3 separate rooms. No custom installs, nada. And free (aside from the AirPorts -- $99 each -- I think). Plus you can throw a party with the DJ feature on the REMOTE app. It's awesome. You basically let the iPhone, iPad or iPod Touch get around the house so your guests can select a song to go on queue. Yeah, I guess I'm an Apple fanboy... (after 20+years of Windows PC -- Outlook just pushed me over the edge).

And no... I don't sell Apple products. :)

May 6, 2010 at 8:43 PM Post #21 of 108
Thank for sharing Flavio T. I will definitely build a nice media system link between rooms when I have my own home lol

There is nothing wrong with Apple except iBud and iTunes on Windows [ONLY]
atsmile.gif

May 6, 2010 at 9:13 PM Post #22 of 108
I recently moved all my music to a separate hard drive so that I can use it in Bootcamp as well as on my Mac side. I am using iTunes on my mac side and Foobar on my windows side and I find that they sound a bit different.
Foobar seems a bit softer, but they both have the same detail resolution.

And yes, windows iTunes is pretty bad. I've seen Foobar skins that make it look like the grid view on iTunes.

May 7, 2010 at 2:39 AM Post #23 of 108

Quote:
I recently moved all my music to a separate hard drive so that I can use it in Bootcamp as well as on my Mac side. I am using iTunes on my mac side and Foobar on my windows side and I find that they sound a bit different.
Foobar seems a bit softer, but they both have the same detail resolution.

And yes, windows iTunes is pretty bad. I've seen Foobar skins that make it look like the grid view on iTunes.

FYI, I am using bootcamp too, but I let my music on the Mac partition, and links foobar on Windows to the music folder of my Mac partition. And it works actually... So there is no need for another HD, but it can still be useful :)

May 7, 2010 at 2:52 AM Post #24 of 108
I use Itunes on an MSI Wind with 1gb Ram 1.6ghz and it has no problem with my 12000+ collection.
ksc75smile.gif

Edit: Running OSX 10.5.4, that's important.

May 7, 2010 at 2:55 AM Post #25 of 108

Quote:
I use Itunes on an MSI Wind with 1gb Ram 1.6ghz and it has no problem with my 12000+ collection.
ksc75smile.gif

Edit: Running OSX 10.5.4, that's important.

So you are using it on Windows? There is no technical problem w/ iTunes on Windows at all. It's just the sound quality is poor.

May 8, 2010 at 9:11 PM Post #27 of 108

Quote:
FYI, I am using bootcamp too, but I let my music on the Mac partition, and links foobar on Windows to the music folder of my Mac partition. And it works actually... So there is no need for another HD, but it can still be useful :)

I would have done that but my music collection was all over the place so I decided to move it and free up some space on my main drive.

May 8, 2010 at 9:24 PM Post #28 of 108

Sorry no I had to edit that post Using songbird on Asus G2S win7 and itunes on MSI Wind OSX. Sorry for the confusion
redface.gif

Do you hear the difference between Songbird Windows v. iTunes Mac OS X? I think it's obvious because Songbird, despite having cool add-ons, has bad SQ :frowning2:

May 8, 2010 at 10:05 PM Post #29 of 108
The only thing that really stands out about the 2 is that songbird has horrible volume leveling, I can be listening at a comfortable level and then get blown away. Other than that I think the difference is the output from the different laptops.

May 8, 2010 at 10:09 PM Post #30 of 108

Quote:
These days I spend most of my air-time with Spotify. :)
But I am also a vivid iTunes fan, which I have been using for some 6 years without any issues at all.

I don't listen to much music on my mac anymore, the reason is because i've got a small hard drive of only 100 gb there, but other downfall is iTunes doesn't play FLAC as all of my music now is FLAC.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back