MAC USERS: A Guide to Backing up an External Music Hard Drive Using Time Machine
Oct 5, 2009 at 2:46 AM Post #16 of 22
Well fellas, its not looking like this is going to be a viable solution. After letting it run since yesterday I noticed that I was only 35GB backed up. When I went into time machine I realized I had about 4-5 back up sets that all got to about the same place. My guess is that since Time Capsule defaults to start a new backup every hour, it never has time to fully back up. Realistically it takes about 24 hours to backup 1.5TB.

So unless anyone knows a work around for this its back to the drawing board. And meanwhile I am working with no backup for my collection.
frown.gif

Oct 5, 2009 at 3:58 PM Post #17 of 22
Perhaps giving TimeMachineEditor a try?
I have never ran into this issue with Time Machine myself, as I only have about 80GB to back up, so no idea if it makes a difference

Oct 6, 2009 at 12:21 AM Post #20 of 22
Had more issues with Time Machine. Just kept shutting down after only about 32GB??? Probably a user error but beyond me. I am going to give Carbon Copy Cloner a shot.

What exactly is an incremental backup and what does it do specifically? I think I know, but i just want to make sure.

Oct 6, 2009 at 12:39 AM Post #21 of 22
Is your Time Capsule running over wireless or a wired connection? Wired connections will be much faster.

Oct 6, 2009 at 12:54 AM Post #22 of 22
Its wired. Carbon Copy seems to be working well and faster than the others I have tried so I will let it work thru the night- and so far it has not stopped syncing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back