MAC setting for ibasso D3?
Nov 1, 2008 at 1:29 PM Post #2 of 9
Im afraid i can't help you with getting the D3 to work, but technically it should be Mac. MAC means something totally different.

Nov 1, 2008 at 1:32 PM Post #3 of 9
Quote:

Originally Posted by J.D.N /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Im afraid i can't help you with getting the D3 to work, but technically it should be Mac. MAC means something totally different.

I can't agree more.

So, anyone?

Nov 1, 2008 at 2:09 PM Post #4 of 9
Plug it it. Go to your Apple menu and System Preferences. Click on Sound then Output. Select the USB audio device. There's a menu extra you can get called Soundsource that makes it easier by putting all the options in your menu bar.

Nov 1, 2008 at 2:12 PM Post #5 of 9
yep you change it in system preferences and once you do it whenever you plug it in it auto configures
smily_headphones1.gif

Nov 1, 2008 at 5:09 PM Post #6 of 9
yep these guys have it covered; in your audio/midi setup probably better than your system prefs you should be able to select it as a usb sound source. then you may have to also select it in your audio applications as source if you have more than 1 connected. Itunes will use it automatically if it is selected in the audio/midi prefs though. the system prefs will setup audio for applications beeps etc. but if you want to use it for audio apps including itunes then audio/midi is your best bet.
the path is .....your disk/applications/utilities/audio midi setup. this way you can set it up so the D3 plays music etc. and your card on the motherboard plays the system allerts so you dont get blasted whenever an email or unexpected sound on the internet happens. also you can set-up whats called an aggregate device that combines all of your inputs and outputs from all the devices including the D3 and the onboard chipset; so you can for example use your optical out connected to a dolby receiver for movies and the D3 for itunes without having to go into the system prefs and change it each time.

Nov 1, 2008 at 5:12 PM Post #7 of 9
Let me see...
1. Hook up the iBasse D3 to the Mac (not MAC), using the USB cable.
2. Open 'System Preferences", navigate to 'Sound' -> 'Output', then change output device to "USB Audio Device" (or something similar).

Enjoy!

Nov 5, 2008 at 1:06 PM Post #8 of 9
Quote:

Originally Posted by J.D.N /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Considering that the D3 has no computer network interface, I think we all knew what he was talking about here.

Thanks anyhow.

Nov 5, 2008 at 6:55 PM Post #9 of 9
Initially, the "USB Audio Device" on the output box did not appear when I first plugged the D3 into my Macbook Pro.

Did afew attempts of unplug and replug before finally getting detection on the output pane.

The blue "link" light at the back door is a plus for indicating USB power plug in.

Works very well and I'm very impressed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back